Eliminating the Jenquai Explorer?

you can't eliminate my explorer! Whatever you say I still think the JE is the best.

Reading a few of these postings anyone would think we've finished development - there's still tons to go.

With the new MOB code they may fair a little better as MOBs now will take more notice of ship signatures and prioritise their destruction accordingly - usually the bigger the sig the bigger their weapons (not always I know but the JD is meant to be stealthy).

I recall mining in high level asteroid fields as being very dangerous during live, the only places where you could mine in safety were the low level areas.

Also, the mining XP now is WAY higher than live (and yes I do know because I've looked through the decompiled packets and seen what sort of rewards people were getting), so it is totally worth while to mine. I find that clearing 3 fields will advance the explore bar by a fair whack.

The only thing I want to change is the trade bonus when you sell the ores.

I remember my trade bar flying up when I sold higher level ores. At the moment there's a cap on max trade XP you can get when selling ores but I'm tempted to remove that or set it higher based on what I can remember.

Still at the end of the day - if you could get to explore & trade level 50 in a week from mining it wouldn't be much of a reward would it? Avatars above level 80 or so are meant to be a lot rarer than 0-40.

• 2 weeks later...

Giving the JT the Build Reactor skill instead of Build Shields was a big mistake, and not what WW originally intended. It's one more thing that hurts the JE, and hurts the entire Jenquai race. It's also redundant.

RE: Yuritau and jenq plasma: Jenq were never meant to have plasma beams, unless they used an organic/looted, or a Terran beam. There is/was no Jenq plasma. Ever. Nor was ever intended to be. Plasma missiles, and projectiles, yes, but most all Jenq projectiles were just impact dmg. Also... your post re-iterates the very important fact that EMP needs love.

JE wouldn't need plasma if EMP worked correctly. The very few mobs that are energy resistant (voltoi, manes) are considered Psi organics, not regular organics. They would/should be vulnerable to EMP. The problem originally with EnB was that EMP could never do that last 1 dmg hitpoint to kill a mob, even if it was a shield hitpoint. We can fix that now :)

Edited by Ghent
  • Upvote 1

Actually there was a Jenquai Plasma beam in Live. It was one of the Mordana drops.

Defender's Pride Laser M9

L9 Plasma Beam

Jenquai Only

Warriors Only

Range: 1900

Energy 151

Reload 8.0

Damage: (200%)687.00 (1030.50)

Increase Speed (Equip)

Improved Psionic Shield (Equip)

Recharge Shields (Equip)

The Nishido Defender's Pride Laser: The first in a new line of weaponry designed solely to augment the power of the Shinwa. Gives a solid advantage in all aspects of battle.

En no shita no.

Other Jenquai made weapons that can use Plasma.

Projectiles:

L8

Ninja's Shuriken (Impact, Chem, Plasma)

Ninja's Kama M8 (Level VIII) (Impact & Plasma)

Ninja's Testu-bishi San (Level VIII) (Chem & Plasma)

(3 of the 5 L8 Jenquai manufactured PLs listed in database, can do Plasma ammo)

L7

Ninja's Kama M7 (Level VII) (Impact & Plasma)

Ninja's Testu-bishi Ni (Level VII) (Chem & Plasma)

L6

Ninja's Kama M6 (Level VI)

Ninja's Testu-bishi Ichi (Level VI) (Chem & Plasma)

Missile Launchers (JW Only Jenquai that can use MLs)

L8

Purple Dragonfly M8 (Level VIII) (EMP & Plasma)

Red Dragonfly (Level VIII) (Chem, EMP, & Plasma)

L7

Purple Dragonfly M7 (Level VII) (EMP & Plasma)

L6

Blue Dragonfly M6 (Level VI) (Plasma Only)

Purple Dragonfly M6 (Level VI) (EMP & Plasma)

L5

Blue Dragonfly M5 (Level V) (Plasma Only)

L4

Blue Dragonfly M4 (Level IV)

I disagree with you on giving the JT build Shields. It would just be another build where the JT is outcompeted by the TT (TT has Negotiate 7, JT Neg 5, and JT cannot build Progen, TT can build from all 3 races). At least with Build Reactors, there is something that the JT is the best builder of, Jenquai Reactors. PT is best builder of Progen Reactors. JT vs PT on Terran reactors, depends on who has the better recipe book.

Even if EMP did work on Manes & Voltoi, it would have to be able to kill those energy immune mobs outright (no I don't mean in 1 shot, or in fewer shots than Plasma, only that it has to be able to be used in the fight from start to finish). Otherwise there's no point in using it.

Edited by Terrell

In live we had a full group hunting in ROC hunting for the Bully's.

We got into a little trouble luckly we had a JE with max cloak, instantly we were all

invisble to the Bully's. All due to the group cloak and the proper equipment.

Untill you fully utilize and they get ALL the skills working as they should you'll never appreciate the Jenquai.

I'd love to see a couple of new Jenquai friendly / only Projectile launchers especially for the Jseekers. (Boost PL range, PL skill, energy conservation, Recharge shields skill, Warp charge etc etc :) ) Jab jab hint.

Back on the Conversation of weapons damage having Impact, plasma and chemical on the JSeekers damage scale would be great !

A New Line of PL geared toward the JS's skills would make playing the class more fun and give them a better range.

PL for the JE and the sometimes small stacks would SK though.

sorry off topic?

Phorlaug..

Edited by Phorlaug