Jenquai seeker issues

Visicus

Here's some things regarding the JS the devs may want to look at:

A. There is an issue with the quasar device, the single most important item of a JS in my modest opinion. It has the same buff type as the cygnus reactor: Recharge reactor - BOOST (activated). The quasar buff lasts 1600 seconds and adds 39.90 % recharge while the Cygnus lasts only 10 seconds and gives 48.00 % recharge. When you, or a group member, uses the Cygnus it overrides (cancels out) the much better quasar buff.

B. The JS-only L8 shield, the glorious kimono, is rather redundant. Compared to other shields it is slightly lower cap and the L9 guardian gives two of the most important buffs on that shield, only much more powerful.

C. The group bonus is: 'warp recovery time'. That's not warp charge in that its engagement and recovery times, its only the recovery time. I must say, in Gordon Ramsay's voice: ''WHAT IS THAT?!''

D. The way in which reactor optimization improves with level does not scale properly. It goes:

1 - 5% cap (self only)

2 - 10% cap (self only)

3 - 10% cap 10% recharge (self only)

4 - 15% cap 10% recharge (self only)

5 - 20% cap (anyone)

6 - 20% cap 10% recharge (anyone)

7 - 25% cap 20% recharge (anyone)

As reactor recharge is what this skill is about mainly, levels 4 and 5 don't add much. Level 6 is at least recharge you can cast on others, and L7 is a leap of improvement.

Being a solo player I didnt upgrade reactor optimization past L3 until I was able to upgrade straight to L7.

Also, there is apparently no buff to improve reactor optimization, to make it cast faster for example. At the moment 

Hmm, I do agree with the general premise of this thread, the JT's quasar device is a rather good device, but I don't think that the L7 Quasar should be improved in the sense of making the L7 version of the device better.  Instead, create a L8 or L9 version whose buff is good enough to not be overridden by the Cygnus 9.  If the devs intend to address this in this fashion.

It's also possible that the developers intend for people to manage their buff choices, and leaving the Quasar line, as is,  fosters consideration before casting buffs.

I think that the biggest problem, in terms of being a supporter, that the JT currently has is that there is very little class specific equipment for her.   Most of the devices she can use are the unrestricted devices, or devices that were in EnB Origins that she gets either because she's Jenquai, or because she's a Trader.  The Scout & Privateer suffer from the same equipment dearth.  I think that, over time, the developers will correct this by the gradual introduction of new equipment for the 3 new classes.   I do think that some of this new equipment will need new, useful, and never seen before buffs, and said buffs be divided up between the 3 new classes, with the Scout & Seeker getting more than the Privateer.

For the Seeker (and the Scout), since they're classes that lack DPS, they need to bring unique and useful things to the table, that make up for their lack of firepower.  The JE and TT, the other 2 non-DPS classes, do this fine, but have had more development than the JT, Scout, and PT, since they were in the original game.  The JE has many devices, and good support skills, that are unique to him, The TT has the combination of Shield Charging, Recharge Shields, and Hull Patch, that make the TT the complete healer. 

A JT is a good friend, like a JE, to any class that struggles with reactor issues.  It's also good that the JT's reactor abilities, and the JE's don't conflict.  Some of those reactor struggles should remain, for those classes, to ensure that they need the help of JE/JT.  JT; however, as a healer would be tertiary, after the PT who has the shields & firepower to handle more aggression against him, and the TT who is also physically tougher than the JT, and has the best healing package.  (The TT should have the best healing package, as the pure Tradesman).  A while back I've proposed Dispel, preferably as a line of devices, to give the JT an unique heal (remove debuffs). 

I do think that both the Scout & Seeker are in need of improvement as support characters, and the PT likely needs some too, though having DPS helps.   

On the reactor optimization front, a while back Kenu mentioned the possibility of making that a L1 skill (at OL135) and giving the JT a unique skill to replace it.  I don't know if he still holds that view, but if he does, it would likely be helpful.   Making Reactor Optimization a L135 skill, with it giving the same buffs as it currently does at L7, would free up a space for a new JT skill, which if done well would shore her up as a support toon.  If they couldn't change it to a unique skill, like say Distract (from the documents on the N7 Portal)  Navigate would be nice, especially if it were L7.

To elaborate on my Dispel device idea.  It could work like this for the JT.  The device would run from L3-L9.  Cooldown 20 seconds, energy use comparable to activated devices of the same level.

L3-L4 buffs would be:

Dispel (Activated)

Removes debuffs from affected players.

L5-L6:

Dispel (Activated)

Resist Psionic (equip)  (+10 at L5, +15 at L6)

Equipment Damage Magnification -Weapons (equip)

L7-L8

Dispel (Activated)

Resist Psionic (equip) (+20 at L7, +25 at L8)

L9

Dispel (Activated)

Resist Psionic (equip)  (equal to deflect on L8 Tolerance of equal quality)

Equipment Damage Magnification -Weapons (equip)

Scan Boost (allows ship's scanners to see 3000 meters further.)

first off, excellent equipment analysis. When we add new items to the game we often forget about the possible conflicts with other devices. It's easy for us to look at an item and say "that looks useful" and not even think about how players may already have better versions of those buffs.

Unfortunately changing skills and group bonus will have to be addressed by server devs, but I can look into changing the equipment.

Is it possible for the Glorious Kimono to be changed, without the loss of existing ones, or the need to have them rebuilt? 

If so would an activated buff to skill efficiency be too powerful?  What it would do is reduce the power up time of most skills.  Cloaking would not be affected by this power up time reduction, since existing buffs do not allow it to be activated in less than 3 seconds.  Would also be a new buff, specific to the JT, which would make her more useful as a supporter.

If the skill caps are still in place, the GK shield vs. the L9 Guardian, wouldn't matter as far as the Recharge Shields skill is concerned, as both would get the JT to the skill cap.  This assumes that the JT has maxed her Recharge Shields skill.  I don't think that the GK having a lower recharge reactor buff than the Guardian, since the GK also has a reactor cap buff, that the Guardian doesn't.  In a sense the GK would be trading some of the Reactor Recharge buff for a reactor cap buff.

I agree with the skill reactor optimization Scaling, it could be a little better.

Trust me I have a few items that are ready for the Reactor Optimization buff to be

implemented on a hard drive. (10 items to be exact)

As far as similar buffs on different items, the combination of different items that a JS would want to install

gives a much better variety of installs now and in the future, especially when the (New) JS reactor is implemented that has the "Improved Reactor Optimization" Buff on it.

Sharim Hokori RE I, weather Kenu decides to push it through or if he still has it, that's up to him, the DEVs and Coders. :)

There are a lot of items in game that have the same "redundancy", You wouldn't equip something with the same buffs would you? Of coarse not. 

I wouldn't change anything that is new in game now, be patient and wait for the new items to complement them.

Good point Phorlaug , items that complement each other, as well as redundancy are both good things, they open up the ability for players, regardless of class, to set up their ships differently.  If most members of a particular class, set up their ships the same way, that somewhat undercuts the point of having customizable ships, as far as equipment is concerned.

I do think that new items are needed over time, but I'm willing to wait some for them.  A few hints, either from the devs directly or through uban, wouldn't hurt.  A potential hint doesn't have to be too specific.  Something along the lines of:

"The JT will be getting some new equipment to help her find her place in the galaxy.  Coming soon TM"

would be welcome.

My JS would love to have some new options for equipment.. They are very hard to get going and often get relegated to building reactors and not much else.  But I have found it to be a powerful group support class and is in need of some love from devs.  Since these classes (PP/TS/JS) were not in live they have an inherent gap in equipment of all levels, so please consider the low/mid levels as well for them.  It is very hard to develop one solo as a result of these discrepancies.

• Upvote 1