Raids for small guilds

however we need to START this somewhere...

Good point, although I wasn't advocating more days per week, just not the same day every week.

---

On the lotto protocol, the raid I mentioned above used this and it worked fairly well. So I would vote for adopting it. One thing, I may have missed where you said this, but another rule was once you won an item, you couldn't participate again until everyone had won something (this is the reason for the "start with the most popular" rule).

There was, one hiccup though. We spent a lot of time in the "waiting for x's" phase. Since only 4 of us were involved in the lotto, it would have been faster if we also had a not-participating character (maybe "o"). Then the looter could move on once we all responded. It probably wouldn't work for larger groups though...

Good point, although I wasn't advocating more days per week, just not the same day every week.

---

On the lotto protocol, the raid I mentioned above used this and it worked fairly well. So I would vote for adopting it. One thing, I may have missed where you said this, but another rule was once you won an item, you couldn't participate again until everyone had won something (this is the reason for the "start with the most popular" rule).

There was, one hiccup though. We spent a lot of time in the "waiting for x's" phase. Since only 4 of us were involved in the lotto, it would have been faster if we also had a not-participating character (maybe "o"). Then the looter could move on once we all responded. It probably wouldn't work for larger groups though...

I stated ONE non-trade and on trade item.. perhaps one COMP/Sample item as well...

The X and O bit is about practice.. once you have looted a few of these you will know when to confirm... often you put up "I see 4" and then another x will pop up.. people need to be familiar with the items up for lotto so a bit of time for them to look them up is warranted... after people get familiar they will move faster...

For the days... If we pick ONE day... then people will be logged on and ready for that announcment "PUBLIC GATE RAID ----- XUP" in the General channel.. Xs pop up... people fly ... it is a matter of helping the general public have a process to get involved...

I stated ONE non-trade and on trade item.. perhaps one COMP/Sample item as well...

Right, I missed it, sorry.

The X and O bit is about practice.. once you have looted a few of these you will know when to confirm... often you put up "I see 4" and then another x will pop up.. people need to be familiar with the items up for lotto so a bit of time for them to look them up is warranted... after people get familiar they will move faster...

They seemed pretty experienced, but maybe they were allowing more time for me since I'm a raid newb...

Useful /slash/ commands for raids....

/credit kill <player>  used to establish the looter.  This command must be used by each group leader once the group has been established.  If a member of the group disconnects, gates or is dropped/added to the group the command must be re-issued.

/loot add <player> used by the designated looter to allow access to the corpse of a boss to loot a non-trade item.  Also can be used if the corpses of a raid are locked out to the looter.  When that happens the group leader should target every corpse and perform the command on each one.  This can be done quickly in most cases to allow the looter to get all the corpses before they destroy.

/target <player> often used by healers and Jumpstarters in the massive and confusing groups.  This command is a bit buggy and the Devs need to look at this. Also there are hot keys within the client you can setup to do this.  F keys are often used.

/assist <player>  Used to select the target that is being attacked by <player> and can be used as a hot key using the custom-hotkey method or typed in.  If you are in group with the person you are supporting you can also click the target icon on their name in the group listing to the left. This command also appears to be buggy.  It may or may not work reliably... Another thing Devs need to look at.

/random X X X   This is used to do the lotto portion of the raid, to select who gets the loot.  Example >  /random 1 100  will put a random number from 1 to 100 in the BROADCAST channel for all to see it.  Group is /random 1 100 3, etc.  Whoever is doing the looting/lotto of a raid should be highly familiar with the command and the process of doing a lotto.  The big guilds often use a system to raffle the loot off... I'll make another post about that.

/delag 100 This command reduces lag and load on the video card greatly.  It causes the client to ignore many unimportant data like ship details on other ships (color decals etc).  Also reducing your graphics sliders under OPTIONS to about 1/2 level is a good idea.. it looks like crap but you will have far less lag and problems.

/trade <player> will open trade with the <player> designated.  When you are the looter and you are trying to give an item to someone quickly this is a life saver.

When using the /assist command the prime targeter/tank needs to type /noassist and watch the computer messages and make sure that you are allowing assistance.

the /random command is /random 1 100   no number for group/computer(if solo)

/random 1 2 1 puts it in local chat.

/random 1 2 2 puts it into guild chat

I am always willing to help/guide new guilds and players in the way the game is played.

If we can arrange for the raids to be during the day say noon to 6pm mst(mountain time) I can drive give advice and help out as needed.

I do not need loot. I have a fairly large guild to help with that.

I have extensive knowledge of the raids and how they should be done and i know how to set groups up for raiding.

2 things if it's a triggered raid(fb/gate raid for example) please have the trigger handy.

The feathers and barrier of ooze are hard to get for a reason.

Second off relax man it's a game and you are here to relax and learn and have fun.

Make sure you are ammo'd and geared up and get teamspeak or ventrillo installed.

The dev's have provided a teamspeak server for you to use. www.teamspeak.com gets you the client and ts.net-7.org is the connection address.

I'm typically in teamspeak and willing to answer questions(if I'm in the graphics channel or my poke only room poke me do not just drop in and start being a noisy pita I made the channel on purpose).

Non triggered raids such as mordana and others be prepared have your ammo and debuffers and buffs ready to go.

We normally use teamspeak and call 2 minutes to get buffs done and then start the raid.

Some people are probably not used to that kinda gameplay but it's effective at getting people motivated when the lead tank says fire it up and your lollygagging around..

So again I know I'll help and so will my guild.

Good luck in the game and relax.. It is just a game..

One small bit of information.

You dont really need to have a L9 device user to activate the OCD.

Any toon with the OCD in its cargo should have the 'eye' icon above the nav for activation.

At least thats what i saw a couple of months ago when i did one.

One small bit of information.

You dont really need to have a L9 device user to activate the OCD.

Any toon with the OCD in its cargo should have the 'eye' icon above the nav for activation.

At least thats what i saw a couple of months ago when i did one.

Good to know! I had not activated one myself and was going by a vague description of how it worked... Thanks for the clarification!

I will try and organise mordana raid on a daily basis, hopefully this will attract more of the lil folks like myself. I seriously wish the small guilds and non guilded folks would take interest in this and participate.

I can field ComponenTT and Amethyst TS, or Ame JE if I'm around.  I don't expect loot from the big raids, though I still have a couple of wants from those pesky Mordana.

I'm very limited with time but I have full daytime Tue-Thu 10-5 EST Chicago.

(I'm sure you are doing things like Moto admirals, Pax Gravitas, Arx Promethicus, Bunyip, Ascendant Voltoi, Infinitycorp Insider... )

I will try and organise mordana raid on a daily basis, hopefully this will attract more of the lil folks like myself.

I'm game, I should be on tonight and over the weekend. There's still a lot of stuff I want from those stingy mordanna...

I seriously wish the small guilds and non guilded folks would take interest in this and participate.

I think one of the problems is that I haven't seen any talk about this in game. In most games, the majority of players don't visit even the official forums, and I doubt this one is any exception. Organizing something like this should give a chance to promote this thread to the wider audience. You can also use it as an opportunity to ask people about what day would be a good one to use for larger raids.

I am on GMT+2 timezone so its 10:00 my time, mordana raid scheduled for next week tuesday at 10:00 and also at 16:00, so as to accommodate players on different timezone, as I am typing this we are on our way to the first trial run, will report back in an hour or so, not sure how long this lasts.

I am glad to announce that the mordana raid was a success, we only did one wave with pw, 2tts, js and jd, and to my surprise no one died, and I also won the crimson force barrier and the scutums lvl 9 in the lotto :)

Edit; I think there was a te in there somewhere, as someone was hacking the mobs.

Edited by FireRibs

I am constantly scratching around for things to do as I am online more often than not, so please if you want to get a group together for whatever it may be call out to me. You will find me on either FishJD/Mkfish/FishTE. I have had my eyes on the CL66 Ah Kung Ghost Spectre groups that hang around the RD base lately. They are not raid specific and drop very tasty loot so let's get involved :)

I was curious what kinds of resists were actually needed in these raids. So, during the raids today, I was watching with the /showdamage command.

In the Gate raid, I was only ever hit with Chemical damage.

In the Fishbowl, I was hit with mostly Chemical, but occasionally plasma and energy also.

Hopefully this will help people tune their loadouts a bit better. (And I know not to waste a device slot on Tolerance anymore.)

Ok folks, I accidentally activated a fishbowl, I really though booney would give me the mission first, not instant activation, but I was wrong so in the middle of the whole thing somebody said something and I said "nigga hush" and I meant that in no disrespect if you check I am South African so we tend to say that a lot, so long story short I will be giving away the feather so somebody else could carry this on.

Skunky I really do not know why you felt it necessary to post this in the forums but I will explain to you why I was so frustrated with you at the time.

Firstly your antics yesterday regarding the two public raids were bothersome, and I'll explain why.

You asked for help regarding the running of the raids which I said I would gladly brainstorm with you, and offered insight into the successful running of an encounter.

it does not end there... we enter the fishbowl and one of our members uses a trigger. You tag along with Magoo, looting and not really doing much else. And much the same follows when the next trigger is activated. WIth minimum thought, or effort you walk away with a Heart Of The Master and whatever else you got from the gate raids. 

No great crimes, but you basically used everyone to do your raids for you, when they were meant to be your endeavours. I forget this and move on.

So then today is a new day. I am enjoying some quality EnB time. And what's this I see on general? Our resident bumbling oaf activates a fishbowl and is asking for people to help him clear it up in general. Jamoos and Efialtis are first on the scene and doing a grand job of sorting things out. I arrive into the fishbowl to assist and you invite me to the group. Randomly thrusting around, shooting at different mobs aimlessly. While other people are risking their butts to save your trigger. Healers are arriving and needing groups.. again you seem to have no idea what is going on infront of you. So I request that I drive the group to aid your "lag" issues. Once we are formed you then sit in the group not even firing your weapons.

The waves go on and we are getting towards the end of the raid, at which time you are sat over by the gate to Cooper doing absolutely nothing. I asked you to get it together to which you replied with your quote above which I will not repeat.

I absolutely cannot fathom how you think it is in ANY way appropriate to use racial slurs in any area of your life, regardless of how "casually" you use them. I do not care which nation you are from, what you look like, or anything else. Our server is NOT the place for that language, or that attitude. If you and your friends bandy about terms like that then you need to take a long hard look at your level of maturity and ask yourself is there really any need for that kind of ignorance? 

And then low and behold, you come on to the forums and play the whole "I give up" card. And start offering out feathers and whatnot so that someone else can do it. Well how about you just recognise that you screwed up, and make a better go of it?

Edited by FishJD
  • Upvote 1