Raids for small guilds

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes, I am from Space Riders Inc a small guild and would like to invite other small guilds to a joint raid, gate or mordana raid will do for starters. Mordana needs no trigger but gate does so would like to band together and create a trigger for the gate raid, yes I know the feather is a pita to get, but if we work together we can do it. We can decide the loot on a random lotto or any preset condition. Lets stop complaining about the big 3 and band together. And would also like some advice on what would be an ideal group for these raids.

I'll help if i'm around with no expectation of loot just like most people in the big guilds.

Hope this builds up and more and more smaller guilds/groups of friends can make similar endeavors. :thumbsup: 

I was talking with some folks earlier on seems there is a bit of a misunderstanding, this is not only for guilded people, even those not in guilds are welcome to participate, once again thanx for the support folks, though I should point out that it's a bit disappointing that none from the smaller guilds have responded, hopefully they will show up soon, well time for me to go see about that feather :)

Here is my 2 creds .

In ST3 i ask about raid's for small guilds and mid level player's  NADA

In ST4 i asked the same .... " in the works " ...  Now we are Live , Out of respect to the Dev's I have not pressed the Dev's about it .

And I know the Devs has real life stuff to do and when they are working on the Dev test server they are busting there A$$'s off .

Lets give the Dev's time to fix the minor bugs that we have now .

As said in many post's here Talk to us in Public channel's and please give us time to reply .  The " us " is not the " Big 3 " but everyone .

I know SkunkythePP was trying to set up a raid ,  Thank You Sir

SkunkythePP here some info you asked for but due to R/L errr wife aggro I was not able to answer you .

As for groups you need at least  Group 1 = 1 PW 1 TE 1 JE 1 JD 2 TT or 1 TT and a 1 PP . Group 2 the same as group 1 or have 1 PW  1 JE  1 JD and 3 shield healers  , Your main group needs to be a damage dealing group  it can be 3 PW's 1JD with 2 healers  but each Group also need's battery and a jump starter  ie a JE  it's up to you .  Now Group 3 can be the same as group 2 but we use them as looters of non boss wreaks and back up healers and JS's .

As for the raids are for lvl 150 or higher is not true . but level 9 Weapons Reactor's and Shields are a must , but i been in raid's where we all had level 7 and 8 and we died a lot but it can be done .

I do not know what the rest of the raider's set up there raid's but we in VGE  will max out 3 group only on some raid's do to LAG and CTD's issues,  And that might be the main reason why the BIG 3 . do not yell in general chat saying we are raiding  come join us .

I would differ a little on the structure of the groups I personally think there should be a pw, te, and jd in each group if you have them and then depending on the raid but here we are talking gate raid so I would put in main boss group one tt and another healer as well as the looter.

In second group I would still have a pw, te, and jd however in this group I would add a jumpstarter and two healers one being a tt .

Does the random number generator in game work, like in EnB Origins?  If so then the loot could be lottoed.  IMO the fairest way to do it is that the person who provides the activation device (for raids that require them) gets to pick an item at the beginning of the raid, and say an alternate item should the desired item not drop.  Then all the other valuable loot, could be lottoed among all the players.  That way those who participate in the raid, but don't have the credits to win a bidding war, can still be rewarded for their efforts.  The looters in the raid hold on to all the tradeable items, and the lotto could be performed after the raid is over.  For the no-trade items, said lotto would have to occur before the corpse despawns.

For the no-trade items, said lotto would have to occur before the corpse despawns.

How about pulled into space and picked up later (by the winner)? Or is warp not allowed in raid zones?

That way those who participate in the raid, but don't have the credits to win a bidding war, can still be rewarded for their efforts.

Out of curiosity, how does a raid auction work? More specifically, somebody pays to get an item, but where do the credits go?

I'm guessing the proceeds get split evenly between all participants?

---

I could likely take part. I don't have a lot of free time to play these days though, but I could probably make time if the event were scheduled ahead of time.

My PW or PP are prime candidates, they're kitted out pretty well I think (mostly Agrippa gear). My TT can (shield) heal, but most of his points are in building, so maybe he'd be better off just looting? The rest probably wouldn't be helpful ATM.

I don't know anything about raids though, as I play solo (well, if you count multi-boxing as solo). So, I've got a couple questions for you experienced guys...

1) Multi-boxing: Would it be helpful? I generally 3-box, as that's about the most I can actively play at one time. But that's non-raid. Will a toon require more of my attention in a raid than otherwise? My thinking is that my PW would probably just pound away like always, with the occasional shield sap thrown it. It seems to me that should leave plenty of time to play a healer like my PP. Or maybe use my TT to loot...

Of course, if we have plenty of people then there's no need. But if we're short, I was wondering if we could make up some of the numbers this way. How about it?

2) Teamspeak: There were comments in chat the other day that Teamspeak is vital for raids. To be frank, I'm not big on voice chat (one of the many reasons I play solo), so I was wondering about this?

How about pulled into space and picked up later (by the winner)? Or is warp not allowed in raid zones?

Out of curiosity, how does a raid auction work? More specifically, somebody pays to get an item, but where do the credits go?

I'm guessing the proceeds get split evenly between all participants?

I'm not sure where the cash goes in the auctions of loot from raids.  The ones I participated in in EnB Origins were lottoed.   Dividing up the loot relatively evenly also works for me.  The main thing is that in a successful raid all the participants get some reward for their effort.  (I was largely mentioning that in response to Shaddex's mention of public raid with auctionable items.  That assumes that he meant that the auctions were among the participants and you'd have to win an auction to get any reward for your work, rather than being auctioned on the market later, by whomever got the reward for their work.  Maybe I misunderstood him.)

Whether or not you can warp in a raid, depends on whether or not the raid occurs in a gravity well, and whether or not you have the necessary skill to beat said gravity well.  Navigate 7 offers 50% chance of warping in gravity well (JE and Terran Scout are only classes with Navigate 7)  If you're a member of those classes, with the appropriate skill you can sometimes warp in gravity wells (but not shear).   If you're not one of those two classes, JE or Scout, you would have to be in formation with them to get this benefit.

Null Factor 5 also allows warp in a gravity well or gravity shear, with 100% success rate, only the Terran Scout gets that skill.  Other characters must be in the same group and in formation with the Scout to benefit from Null Factor field, at any level.

Navigate 7 offers 50% chance of warping in gravity well

In theory, but in practice, when I tested it months ago my JE didn't seem to succeed anywhere near that often. So I dropped back to L6 Navigate (NavComp 2 gets me to L10 anyways) and used the points on L9 engines instead.

My question was more about whether things like the gate raid take place in a gravity well or other warp inhibiting field or not...

OTOH, maybe even a failed warp is enough to kick off the tractor beam? I've never actually tested it, maybe I'll go try... Edited by JoeTheDestroyer

In theory, but in practice, when I tested it months ago my JE didn't seem to succeed anywhere near that often. So I dropped back to L6 Navigate (NavComp 2 gets me to L10 anyways) and used the points on L9 engines instead.

My question was more about whether things like the gate raid take place in a gravity well or other warp inhibiting field or not...

Gate raid, fishbowl don't unless they've been changed.  Controller, Blackbeard's Ghost do occur in gravity wells.   So warping would be doable in Tada-O or fishbowl, but not, except under previously mentioned circumstances, for BBG or Controller. 

Bad rep with the community would likely deter people just grabbing the item floating in space, but said bad behavior is possible.  Looting rights, on the corpse, can be transferred as necessary, by existing commands.

Bad rep with the community would likely deter people just grabbing the item floating in space, but said bad behavior is possible.  Looting rights, on the corpse, can be transferred as necessary, by existing commands.

True, didn't think of that. Probably not a problem in an instanced raid like the fishbowl. You're already trusting the looters to not run off with the stuff, after all.

But anyone could fly up in an open raid like the gate raid. If they're Jenquai, we wouldn't even know who it was unless we were watching really closely. So not a good idea for that one...

---

What damage types are best for the various raids? I assume plasma is as bad as it is for most high level mobs? On my PW/PP, I mostly use impact because it's easy get and the debuffs from Gravity Link and Skirmish Omega stack really nicely...

Not sure on that one, would have to see what the fish's current resistances/vulnerabilities are set to (for tada-o and fishbowl).  Generally Plasma is the most popular type of damage to use overall, but if you're a Progen, you might want to bring along a Jenquai with a Chimaera, to debuff the mob so you'll get more damage out of your weapons. 

Generally when I'm playing my JE I'll use plasma for fighting, on pretty much any mob (assuming he's not immune to plasma, or vulnerable to energy enough to make up for my lack of an energy debuffer).  The reason for this is that all Jenquai get the Chimaera line of devices, so unless you're a JT, you're almost always going to be better off going with Plasma (for Jenquai).  The JT also gets the Manticore line of debuffers, so energy is a more viable option for her compared to the JE and JW.  Both Chimaera & Manticore lines of debuffers run from L3-L9.  Chimaera is Jenquai Only, Manticore is Trader Only (PT and TT can use, but they generally don't use beams like the JT). 

For fighting in general, when you do damage to a mob, look at the numbers from the damage.  If there's a + number after the damage number, then that mob is vulnerable to that type of damage & you are getting extra damage.  That mob may be vulnerable due to having been debuffed, have an inherent vulnerability to said damage type, or both.   If the damage number has a - number after it, then the mob is resistant to that type of damage, and you should try a debuffer (if possible) or a different type of damage to raise

Progen get debuffers to Chemical as a damage type, higher levels of Gravity Link (PW/PE) also have "hidden" (not listed in skill description) debuffs in them.   I think it's impact & explosive, @ L5+ but someone would have to verify that for me.