/lastminer, why?

I don't even have a miner character yet, but this just caught my attention; the /lastminer command to see who last cherrypicked a roid.

I'm curious to know why it's been added, though I understand it's an effort to reduce cherrypicking.

Is it there so an angry miner can do something back to the cherrypicker...? (I'm not sure how, give the person a bad name maybe? Add this person to a list of hated people?)

Or is it there so the aggrod miner can have words (rage at) with the cherrypicker? (I doubt this as a cherrypicker would probably take pride in someone complaining)

Either way, with the amount of alts people can have, it seems a pointless endeavour to have the /lastminer command.

But what is most interesting here is that this /command is seemingly aimed at giving the ability for a player to get revenge on another player. Is that how we're playing now?

Lastly, have you considered the possibility that this /command would make a cherrypicker even more proud? Hearing the complaints may be music to the cherrypicker's ears...

Seems to me that this may encourage abuse and that is not allowed under TOS.

Interesting view, but I would posit that this is in the court of the person who checks the person last mining and determines whether they just shake their fist at the sky or cuss that person out, wouldn't you? :)

Just because the technology enables it, that doesn't remove civility from the person reading it.

• Upvote 1

Wow you found a new way to drive away a few more players just because they won't pick up useless trash.

The trash is what I am after these days, The / command allows me to thank those that leave the "trash" that I am now using for faction/exp/ and cash gains. So thank you for the command and now I love the cherry pickers, saves me the trouble of pulling non stack items. :)

My opinion says there's a lot What if's, Lets say your a Miner and get destroyed, meaning not able to finish emptying the asteroid, or hulk, an or the Server goes offline, or the Individual CTD, or had to log off for one reason or another, not necessarily cherry picking is it? perhaps the individual can't find their way back to the certain asteroid, or hulk after they came back? or their cargo hold full had to empty at the station, then someone comes along says wth, lets see who mined last so I can flame on them, when all their doing is emptying their cargo.

yup a lot scenarios to be sure of, not saying it's a bad thing to have that command in place, all am saying there's a lot room for misgivings or wrongful blame an abuse.

I for one always empty out the entire field, hulk fields too such as they are, hulk fields are few, and far inbetween now since we went Live any ways, 90 percent of the Hulks only have Debris in them to start with, they spawn like that

This is just my observation 

Our apologies though, to clarify, this is meant for testing purposes. Lastminer is limited to Beta Tester and above, it was not put in for the purposes of allowing grief.

What I said before still applies though... Handing someone the command isn't the same as forcing them to do it. ;)

That said, our patch lists sometimes have things intended for us only because people keep them in a big list of things they did and don't always necessarily remove anything that doesn't pertain directly to the playerbase.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always felt the solution to cherry picking was, along with the cherry picked 'roid despawning after a while, make it targetable by weapons. Thus, you have the choice of clearing it out manually, or just blasting it and starting over. You'd lose the XP, but wouldn't need to space anything you didn't have room for in the hold. There would have to be a timer in place or the like to prevent griefing, but in short you would just be able to choose the moment a cherry picked asteroid despawns.

I agree /lastminer still doesn't work on hulks or anything for that matter.

But really, who needs it for anything.

It is such a minute detail to have the devs work on this stupid stuff, and for what.

Lets let them worry about more important stuff, not who mined  half a hulk in a universe filled with thousands of roids and hulks to be mined.

Get over it already.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I may misunderstand the command, but is it possible that the command only works if something has been removed from a resource node, but other things remain inside?  Resource node being a single resource that can be prospected, not the field in it's entirety. 

I believe you are right.. if something has been removed from the roid it should tell you who it was... at least that is what I understand.. but I've tested it a couple of times and it tells you nothing... or tells you " You must select a valid resource" in the case of a hulk..

Just tested it again, if resource is other than a hulk it does identify the last person who mined the resource node.

Edited by Liucee