Nothing happens upon launch

Just bought new computer with Windows 7. Downloaded twice and when I go to log in I get the launcher, it says poeple on line and I hit play, then nothing happens at all. The task bar shows the login icon and the it just goes away? Help.....

Check your antivirus, Cin. Sounds like it might be blocking it. If that is not it, check any kind of malware program running as well because there are a couple of those that will block the program as well.

what kind of virus scanner and maleware program are you running. if we know that makes it a bit easyer to help you out.

you told us you are using windows 7 are you running the launcher and the game in admin mode? that can be one of the problems aswell.

I have no idea. I downloaded Spybot. And I did try running it in Admin. There is a blue and yellow shield on the N7 launcher that wasnt on my xp version. I dont know if that has anything to do with anything.

Edited by cintrain

I have no idea. I downloaded Spybot. And I did try running it in Admin. There is a blue and yellow shield on the N7 launcher that wasnt on my xp version. I dont know if that has anything to do with anything.

Right click on Spybot, the blue and yellow shield. Exit the program. Confirm any 'are you sure you want to do this' and then try running the game in admin mode again. Spybot may be stopping the ability of the game to run. IF that is the case, you will need to make sure spybot is shut down each time you run the game or put an exception into spybot for the game. I will leave the directions on how to do that to another to give specifics on since I dont' use Spybot.

could possibly be a firewall blocking a port?  looks like the launcher is attempting to load the client but cannot get the required responses from the server to do so.  check your firewall log to see if any ports are being blocked when you run the game.

well just tested it again on windows 7 Ultimate and running net-7 launcher with compatibility mode as administrator

is no longer needed :)

the net-7 launcher asks about changes now  on windows 7 Ultimate

or is it windows that asks permission ( dont know exact)

Edited by duvel

• 2 weeks later...

I have uninstaled and reinstalled for the 3rd time. I uninstalled the Spybot  thinking thatwas the issue. It still isnt working. I went to the firewall and added both Earth and Beyond and Net7 launcher. Nada. What am I missing???? I miss my game! =(

• 1 month later...

Hi Kyp,

Didmt see this reply. There is nothing to screen shot. I click on N7, It never gets to log in.

You said you are using Win 7, Cin. Are you sure you are not using Win 8? These all sound more like troubles I've seen from a Win 8 machine ......

Yes, Windows 7 home premium. Bought the laptop online Sager/Cleo. awesome, just doesnt run the game for some reason. I double click N7 get the launcher and it even updates but when I hit play, Nothing.

I am curious, Cin. After it updates, and you hit the play icon. Have you waited any length of time? Look in the lower right hand corner to see if the Net7 icon is up? I know my machine sometimes can take almost a FULL minute or more to get it started. But in the lower right corner there is always the blue Net7 icon. I am not sure why it delays, it just does, but see if it is there. It might be your machine delaying for some reason. I wish I had a better explanation here, but I can't think of any.

Oh one more thing. Delete the th6 files as well, see if this helps. I don't know if you did that already or not.

Hi Bleak, this is where I have been for 6 months, trying to log in!  :cluebat:  I just spreant $100 to fix the dinosaur I was playing on to begin with but couldnt get on last night (as was the case for everyone else). Its now going to take me 2 years to reach 150 lol!

Alurra, once I hit play I see the circle around my cursr for 3-4 seconds then it stops. On my toolbar there is what looks like a blue arrow that says N7 launcher (I think. Im at work and cant remember right now). After a few minutes, that too disapears.

Edited by cintrain
  • Upvote 1

Hi Bleak, this is where I have been for 6 months, trying to log in!  :cluebat:  I just spreant $100 to fix the dinosaur I was playing on to begin with but couldnt get on last night (as was the case for everyone else). Its now going to take me 2 years to reach 150 lol!

Alurra, once I hit play I see the circle around my cursr for 3-4 seconds then it stops. On my toolbar there is what looks like a blue arrow that says N7 launcher (I think. Im at work and cant remember right now). After a few minutes, that too disapears.

ok something is blocking it. something running in the backgroud most likely. this is what i would do to try to figure it out.

boot the system as normal. once started click the windows start icon, lower left toolbar. in the search box type msconfig press enter. click on the startup tab. make a note of which boxes have checkmarks to the left. click on disable all, confirm, apply, restart the machine. when system loads again try the game. if it starts you can then repeat each of these steps backward, checking one checkbox in the startup file again then reboot and check game.  be sure to restart between each item. when you get to a point the game no longer loads, the last item you checked before restart is the trouble maker. depending on what it is you could leave it out of startup so it wont interfere but that depends on what it is.

give that a shot and see what you come up with. good luick!

Or create another log in name, log out of current, log into new log in name and just add enb to the new windows session, see what happens

Also, click on the icons on your windows screen and go to properties and ensure the game is in compatibility mode for xp2 or 3

Go to the enb file in program files, mine is in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond. The e&b application (exe) should be in xp2 or 3 mode as well

Alurra, I tried what you suggested and did the msconfig and unchecked all at start and I sh#t myself when it still didnt work. I thought for sure that would have worked.

Spa, I checked properties with the desktop icon for N7 launcher and it is running compatible w/XP sp2. But Im currious why shouldnt it be windows 7?

In either case I appreciate and thank you both for you help! :D

Win 7 is too high tech for EnB, it needs old information to run. computers and the OS's are too much info for our beloved game to run.

I also will see what else can be done, I'm running Win 7 64 bit and game is fine

Did you check the EnB file in EA Games Folder as well?

And did you try making another log in account. You bypass all the extra bloatware you have loaded by logging out of current account and logging in new account and only add EnB

Edit, I just loaded Win7 sp1 ( Aarr me Hearty's, there be pirates in the bay) and EnB on a clean Laptop HDD and disconnected all my other drives and EnB works fine