Patch Day Change Discussion

I'm certain we can find a solution for the raid timers, those spawn timers can be changed after all.

Thank you for also clarifying how it impacts Jamoos.  

I can perfectly understand he is mad about potentially missing out.

Also a GM could also spawn the mobs if it came to that.

We'll make it work, trust me.

We do care about the player base and won't just leave you guys hanging :)

so the DEV's are going to tell the GM's of the game now when they sould spawn raid triggers? would like that can you ask if they spawn right now then?

will it Screw up the Spawn time for Raids ?  or will you adjust Trigger times so people can Raid on the weekend ? I dont quite understand the Timer thing , but dosent it mean the Bosses wont be there for like 36-48 hours after a reset ? wich would mean   NO  weekend raids ?

that is what it means atm yea unless they can supply us with some thing els its just a wait what the DEV's and GM's are going to say about it

Just because someone can do something doesn't mean they always should.

I just said we would work out a solution and listed a couple of examples.

We'll work on fixing problems, not catering to whims.

Your request to spawn them right at this moment is rather selfish don't you think.

Look I'll send a PM to the other DEV's and start a discussion on this alright.

For now just calm down because it WILL be addressed.

We will discuss the unintended impact of the move on the raid schedule during the next DEV meeting and decide if it warrants action.

Despite the negative responses from one individual I do not see much in the way of concern otherwise. 

El

The only concern for VGE of the patch change was, how will we address the rotation? Which Overt has addressed. :)

And, the change will affect the spawn timers of the raids, the first spawn is around 42+ hours after a restart, so it will effectively kill weekend raids for guilds with US/Euro players.

Due to the time differences most week night raids happen after our Euro folks have gone to bed.

If the spawn timers could be made independant of the server restarts would solve the issue most likely.

Most of us are happy that we have this game to play, and that you Devs work so hard on keeping it that way. Thanks guys/gals for all you do. :)

edit to put words where they weren't lol

• Upvote 1

I'm betting the timers will get some love as Ulyydian stated. An independent timer would be a good way to handle it. The server could record the current timer on shutdown (for example), and either resume it, or compare the time difference upon restart, then subtract the difference. Shouldn't be too terribly difficult to figure something amicable out. :)

Thanks!

-Overt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We will discuss the unintended impact of the move on the raid schedule during the next DEV meeting and decide if it warrants action.

Despite the negative responses from one individual I do not see much in the way of concern otherwise. 

El

first tings first i need to say: Thx Elrick.
Second thing i have to say:

Yea i know but i wanted to make a good point of it. And maby i was a bit hard  on this topic, but the players that have post some thing here are most of the time US players. And thats wy i went on the fight for some other EU players. I need to say this aswell i have been talking with the players of Builders that live in the EU and some agree with me and some dont. they tell me dont look up a fight with the DEV department. I hope you guys/girls of the DEV or GM department dont take this personal thats not what im trying to do.

Edited by Jamoos

Well now. I guess device activated raids dont sound to bad now does it.

I've always liked this idea. "Turn the Servant of Edward Teach" into an "Old Boonie" type of thing. Ultimately, this would be the best way to go IMO. But until we see it, we plan accordingly. :)

-Overt.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

They were never meant to be device activated...

Just because something wasn't originally meant to be setup a certain way doesn't mean it can't be changed... right?  Sometimes things need to be changed to suit conditions... trying to keep things at status quo just for the sake of preservation or nostalgia leads to stagnation and decline.. Although I don't know what the devs will decide I don't think "It wasn't that way before" is not a very strong argument.. :)

• Upvote 2

Just because something wasn't originally meant to be setup a certain way doesn't mean it can't be changed... right?  Sometimes things need to be changed to suit conditions... trying to keep things at status quo just for the sake of preservation or nostalgia leads to stagnation and decline.. Although I don't know what the devs will decide I don't think "It wasn't that way before" is not a very strong argument.. :)

I have to agree there.  Sometimes the things that were the old way, were part of the problem.  Now what needs to be changed and how best to do it, is open for discussion/debate.

The Devs decided this when they implemented it... Then they said when device activation was pushed for, that it is the way they intended and were not gonna change it.

Edited by Sleven.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Please don't beat a dead horse.

Leave device activated raids out of this. The reasons have been explained tenfold.

I'm sure there will be a way to preserve weekend US/EU guild raids, Devs will address that concern. Have faith.

Three points.

1.  The play server takes about 20-30 minutes to cycle up in debug mode.  Go have dinner or something.

2.  Zack is the only one on the team currently with the skillset needed for the server restart.  He needs it to be at this time, it isnt really negotiable.  The alternative is we do not update anymore until someone could be on to do it.

3.  Raid timers and activations are being reviewed in light of the changes, however keep in mind that we do not as a rule cater to the "rotation" or setting it up to be outwardly predictable.  Those that are activated now will remain so.  Those that are timed/randomized will be checked for length of timers and so forth.   We have to balance the number of ubers coming into the game vs the difficulty of obtaining them, as per usual.

• Upvote 1

hi, been at the side for too long, so I am going to do this in 2 languages.

Jamoos stop whining.

Jamoos stop met zeiken.

All devs have a life beside this, and while we trying to make the game better we do not need some whining dutch stir up shit.

alle devs hebben een leven naast dit, wij proberen het spel beter te maken, maar we hebben geen behoefte aan zeikende Nederlanders.

If server going down due to patch so be it, happens in every game in every time zone.

Als de server plat gaat voor updates dan is dit zo, gebeurd in elke spel in elke tijd zone.

If you do not like this fine another game that serves your needs.

Als je dit niet leuk vind zoek dan een andere spel naar jou behoefte.

It pisses me off as Arthurdent used my name making me getting involved

figure that last sentence out yourself.

Just some words from a grumpy dutchie :D

oh btw God did not created the Dutch, that was I :P

oh damn, this is not my time zone.. i should be in bed

finally some one that is saying some hard words about it. that's wy I like the the dutch. and your not a grumpy dutchie your just a dutchie. that's the way we are. and yes I was whining about it and it worked. my point was made to the devs and they chance some thing in the last patch from Saturday what made me happy to see.