Patch Day Change Discussion

But what about the timer raids? normaly we could do them in the weekend.  im from the netherlands and the the time most people in amerika are done with there job and they have eaten. its around 8pm over there and a good time to raid but that wil make it almost imposible for the EU players that have a job or something. that means most raids are going to be done at the middle of the night. we at Builders Inc dit special a raid on sunday so EU and USA players can raid togather.

I hope the devs will keep this in mind when they change that.

Raiding isn't a big factor IMHO since the only people that have any real access to them are the big 3 guilds. Since they are aware of this change in advance bluntly tough nothing should change just to fix a item of game content that is hogged. I think overall I see no problems with this change.

Damn it, the one of only two days that alot of us Europeans play the game due to work commitments and the game is down, potentially for several hours (or all weekend should a patch go wrong).

Mind if I ask, why is it game devs always chose to screw over the Europeans rather then the yanks when it comes to potentially dangerous patch times. We have feelings too you know.......

We also figured that the server population is lower at saturdays at 1pm GMT(!), so your regular gameplay will not be interrupted at the higher populated later hours on tuesday.

Some should start to level up skill "Reading"...

Damn it, the one of only two days that alot of us Europeans play the game due to work commitments and the game is down, potentially for several hours (or all weekend should a patch go wrong).

Good one....rofl1.gif

on the day that the most people have the day off an can play the server is going down.  :wacko:  :wacko:

Thank you DEVs!

I know you guys are also working during the week besides having a family - still you spend time to maint. the game for us.
I also know that most americans are sleeping at this time and most Europeans are out shopping with wifey at this time - which would match your observations of the lower population around these hours.

Of course there is always someone unhappy with the downtime - therefore basing the decision on the plain overall population at different time was a good move!

Thanks a lot, we really appreciate what you are doing!

Fixed all "typos" for you....

Lol ZAck , nice typo fix :)    I am in the UK and will just adjust to new time . No big deal  , before anyone gets upset about it they should think back 10 years .

this is going to look like it's one big joke for zackman. making fun of other players English sorry that mine is not as good as yours but ok. I'm not laughing about this.

Edited by Jamoos
  • Downvote 1

this is going to look like it's one big joke for zackman. making fun of other players English sorry that mine is not as good as yours but ok. I'm not laughing about this.

:huh: I don't think he was criticizing your english as he is not a native english speaker either.

I don't quite understand why everyone is so shook up about the change in patch days. Yes, it's a Saturday, yes, you might have the day off, so do a lot of those 'Yanks' that you seem to think have preferential treatment.

I would say a vast majority of the dev team is of European descent. Do you suppose they chose Saturday because they too are off from their regular jobs and therefore more readily available to deal with doing the patchs and downtime?

Naw, there would clearly be too much logic behind that reasoning, right? </sarcasm>

Could it be that the Dev's doing the patches for you are Europeans and this is only time they have free to do the patch?

This would be the major reason. The new patch time/day will allow us to better monitor the results with minimal distractions.

Yes, while we try and balance everything else life throws at us, we still find time to do the extra work here so you all can play.

And while Zack is maybe trying to "keep it light", sometimes that is the best way to avoid frustrations with empty negative feedback.

Besides the Dutch have no sense of humor. We documented this over years of working with webby.  :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

let me guess you're not a european. i have been talking to more people of the EU (not all of them) they just feel they are getting screwed over now. 

Edited by Jamoos
  • Downvote 1

Besides the Dutch have no sense of humor. We documented this over years of working with webby.  :lol:

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

I am from the UK and just happy the game is available to play , i could not care less what day 'patch day' falls on tbh. Thankyou to the whole team who make it possible and to the vast majority of players who make it an enjoyable place to spend a few hours in :)

I live in europe too, and I have no problem with moving the patch time. I think a weekend lunch break is better than shortening a weekday evening, which it has been for me when I have had time to play on patch day..

I just want to comment on this as I think many have over reacted.

Lets start with some facts here.

1: Zack lives in Germany so lets set this straight RIGHT NOW.

2: Patches only last generally a half hour.  (When is the last time it took several hours and was down all weekend?)   (Can you provide an example?)

3: Time zones: 1PM GMT = 6AM PT, 9AM ET, 3PM Germany time.

4: Current patch time affects Americans during prime time.

Now looking at the above facts here lets be reasonable.  

1: Very few from the US will even be on at that time.  

2: On the EURO side players will have had almost EIGHT HOURS of game time since 8am.

3: If you can't wait 30 minutes or so after all that time you had to play, you need some patience.

4: It works better for the dev team this way.

5: Are you telling me you can ONLY do raids starting at 3pm on Sat? (Many of you brag a raid lasts 30 minutes)

With the CURRENT patch schedule, us YANKS as you call us, Ranko, are the ones getting hit during prime time.

How long has this current patch schedule 8PM GMT been in place hmmm?

That is prime time here and 10PM in Germany.

Believe it or not a lot of people here get off about patch time and have to wait, myself included.

Are EURO affected by the current patch schedule?

No, they are not because most of getting ready for bed due to it being a work day.

So with that do you really want to argue?

I'm all up for a good debate, I love to fight.

Take a look at all your complaints and then look at the facts.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

BS thats what i think about it

and no i cant suply any records when it was down more then a hour because i dont have the server details to do that. or els i would show you. last time it was down was again 90 min and i know there have been times when it was more then that.

Edited by Jamoos
  • Downvote 1

From the EU players that work and play only play afther diner, the most time they are online are in the weekends and they got time to do the raids and im not only talking about the 3 big raids i mean all the raids. But for the 3 big raids they are now screwed because of the timer that is on it and the 2 or 3 spawn that are there are now in the weeks. what makes it realy hard to do raids because when most of the players (mostly US) are done with work and had dinner its between 11PM and 1 AM EU time. then i would say do patch day on the sunday so we got atleast the saterday to raid togather.

So i would say come one with your fight Ulyydian because im not scared and i would only say thing that have been told to me or what i think about it.

Edited by Jamoos
  • Downvote 2

Jamoos,

Your response is rather lacking in factual detail, rather it is laced with an selfish emotional tirade.

You claim "last time is was down 90 minutes".   Give a date or it didn't happen.

If you claim something you better have the data to back it up.

How exactly are the big 3 raids screwed now?

There are major flaws in your argument.  

1: "what makes it realy hard to do raids because when most of the players (mostly US) are done with work and had dinner its between 11PM and 1 AM EU time. then i would say do patch day on the sunday so we got atleast the saterday to raid togather."

This is a Saturday and most US people don't work on Sat, the same with EU people.  What you said makes no sense.  If they aren't working then they won't be getting done with work and dinner between 11pm-1AM EU time now will they.  You have all day Sat to raid with them.

2: You claim you work with US players and do raids around 11pm - 1AM EU time.

Patch time is 3pm EU time. You are doing raids 8-11 hours LATER then the patch time.

How exactly is the patch time affecting your raids?

Also how exactly would changing this to Sunday fix your problem with the time zone and raids?

You have yet to provide one good example of WHY it causes major problems for EU players at 3pm.

I expect a better argument next time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jamoos,

Your response is rather lacking in factual detail, rather it is laced with an selfish emotional tirade.

You claim "last time is was down 90 minutes".   Give a date or it didn't happen.

If you claim something you better have the data to back it up.

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/9451-server-went-down-while-doing-a-gate-raid/

lat time the server went down for 90 min.

How exactly are the big 3 raids screwed now. 

Also there are major flaws in your argument.  

1: "what makes it realy hard to do raids because when most of the players (mostly US) are done with work and had dinner its between 11PM and 1 AM EU time. then i would say do patch day on the sunday so we got atleast the saterday to raid togather."

This is a Saturday and most US people don't work on Sat, the same with EU people.  What you said makes no sense.  If they aren't working then they won't be getting done with work and dinner between 11pm-1AM EU time now will they.  You have all day Sat to raid with them.

If they aren't working then they won't be getting done with work??????

dinner between 11pm-1AM EU time now will they  ok my typo i ment to say when they are done with dinner its between 11PM and 1AM EU time. that depens where your from in the US

2: You claim you work with US players and do raids around 11pm - 1AM EU time.

Patch time is 3pm EU time. You are doing raids 8-11 hours LATER then the patch time.

How exactly is the patch time affecting your raids?

Also how exactly would changing this to Sunday fix your problem with the time zone and raids?

You claim you work with US players pls show me where i put that in my post.

well not the 3 big raids no thats not posible its a timer spawn. and with those i mean the Ghost of black beard, Controller raid and the Red Dragon base.The  most they are done its the middle of the night here. so im asleep because i need to get up at 5 to go to work. the only decent day i got to raid with them is on a saterday or sunday now. And that is making it imposible for me and other players now.

You have yet to provide one good example of WHY it causes major problems for EU players at 3pm.

I expect a better argument next time.

better now??????

let me know when you need more!

• Downvote 2

will it Screw up the Spawn time for Raids ?  or will you adjust Trigger times so people can Raid on the weekend ? I dont quite understand the Timer thing , but dosent it mean the Bosses wont be there for like 36-48 hours after a reset ? wich would mean   NO  weekend raids ?

Much better Jamoos,

Now onto your counter points.

1: Your example has nothing to do with what we were discussing.  Let me put this in order for you.

• ME - Patches only last generally a half hour. (When is the last time it took several hours and was down all weekend?)(Can you provide an example?)
  • YOU - last time it was down was again 90 min and i know there have been times when it was more then that.
  • ME - I asked for an example
  • YOU - You provide an example of a server crash during an event that has nothing to do with patches.

So your point is moot.

2: ok my typo i ment to say when they are done with dinner its between 11PM and 1AM EU time. that depens where your from in the US

A typo is as dangerous as saying the wrong word when debating or being interrogated.  

It nullifies any point your previous argument or explanation had, not to mention it's obvious you are trying to backtrack.

They still have all day Saturday to play and to raid, so your point is?  

How is 30 minutes going to affect you.  

You still refuse to answer this question.

3: "You claim you work with US players" -  pls show me where i put that in my post."

As you wish:   "we at Builders Inc dit special a raid on sunday so EU and USA players can raid togather."

4: Lastly - "well not the 3 big raids no thats not posible its a timer spawn. and with those i mean the Ghost of black beard, Controller raid and the Red Dragon base.The  most they are done its the middle of the night here. so im asleep because i need to get up at 5 to go to work. the only decent day i got to raid with them is on a saterday or sunday now. And that is making it imposible for me and other players now."

Now I want you to re-read that statement, slowly.

Now do it again.

Now let me dissect your statement because this is a perfect example of someone who is trying to twist their statements.

• i mean the Ghost of black beard, Controller raid and the Red Dragon base.
  • The  most they are done its the middle of the night here. so im asleep because i need to get up at 5 to go to work
  • the only decent day i got to raid with them is on a saterday or sunday now. And that is making it imposible for me and other players now."

Your statement about the big three is circular (so the new patch time does not affect them now, even though you claimed it would)   - "But for the 3 big raids they are now screwed" - I guess they are not so screwed after all now.

You are now talking about Blackbeard, Controller, and RD Bade.  However you stated when these happen you are actually asleep.

The only time you apparently have to do these three are during Sat and Sunday, at approx 1PM GMT (Which is  6AM PT, 9AM ET and most US aren't playing)

So the only one who are really doing these raids are EU people since again, most US people are not going to be raiding that time in the morning. It won't happen on Sunday morning either as most of the US goes to church on Sunday morning.

So based on the above, it has very little to nothing to do about collaborating with US people to do raids and more about EU people themselves being miffed about the time since US people really don't care at that time.  

So basically you have 8AM - 11pm EU or so to do raids and the ONLY possible time you can do it is during patch time, 1PM GMT (So you can include US people) (which also is when most US people are asleep) and it's prime time during EU.

Does that about sum it up? 

Let me be straight with you, I used to help with professional interrogation with law enforcement.

It was my job to dissect what people said, chew it up, and spit it out in all it's pieces to show just how it looked.

As people tried to change those pieces it just got worse and worse.

I suggest you quit while you are ahead, you are just digging your hole deeper and deeper.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yikes, too many words Ulyydian. :P

Bottom line, no more weekend raids (GoBB, RD Base & Controller) because the triggers won't spawn until the weekend is over.  BI usually hold a Sunday afternoon US/ evening EU raid, that's the one Jamoos will miss out on now.

I'm certain we can find a solution for the raid timers, those spawn timers can be changed after all.

Thank you for also clarifying how it impacts Jamoos.  

I can perfectly understand he is mad about potentially missing out.

Also a GM could also spawn the mobs if it came to that.

We'll make it work, trust me.

We do care about the player base and won't just leave you guys hanging :)

• Upvote 2