New item suggestion

Suggestion from a crazy miner:

How about a device that enables a multi-prospect and tractor beam? It could either:

1)      Prospect all ores on the target prospect-ables

2)      Prospect the ore in the first slot of all prospect-ables in a given range.

It could be 20, 50, 100 charges.  Once charges are exhausted, the item breaks and either disappears or goes into inventory and turns into debris.  There could be a message that states “Your device has become unusable” when its charges are depleted; regardless of the where it goes.  Of course, that could also apply to any consumable device.

My two Lincolns worth.

Keith, a couple of points here:

If a device is not consumed after use, then it is by very definition a resuable device, UNLESS you cannot use it again.
Then it would be a one time use.  He clearly says: "and deteriorate with time and or useage"  Meaning more then one use.

---------------------------------------------------------
"I could not disagree more.  It goes without saying you cannot increase an item's quality beyond its intended max."

That is actually not true.  All items could potentially become 200%.  I can easily create an weapon that is "100%" on live and make it 200% and the damage and effects would increase according.  Pick ANY item with effects and I will show you a 100% and a 200% example.

"Again I disagree.  Blacklung said "It will be 100% quality when purchased (expect it to be very expensive)" puchased means (to me) that it is accessible to *all*. "

Except for the "(expect it to be very expensive)" part.  Not everyone on the server has been here for a long time nor has a vault full of credits.  My family members play and not one has hit the million marker yet for credits, not even I have on live. If you actually look a large majority of players are considered very poor by the top end players who have millions if not billions of credits.  If we use the billionaires as standard for pricing, what others can afford an item for 100M Mill?  If we price it at 1 Million, that's pocket change to a Billionaire.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Device name = Deagronator

level = 8

trader only

activated buff = 45% less agro from mobs when healing group members for 1850 seconds

equipped buff= 22% reactor recharge

• Downvote 1

Just thought of this idea while buffing, I said to myself, we need more time ( duration ) of the buffs applied, they wear off after 5, or 10 minutes, So

A Device that would increase the duration time on applied buffs, either ourselves when buffing, or in or out of group setting to say about 3 hours in duration, once Device used, it will disppear freeing up that slot.

Edited by Brack

How aboot a "Sticky Buffs" device. Remember the bug back in ST4 that allowed players to keep buffs until logout/crash? A device that would do this would be very cool.

1. If a player has it, perhaps have the buffs applied by that player to others also be applied sticky.

2. Make the timeout 1 day or something insanely long as well.

3. Device would last 1 month on the player, and maybe need not be equipped, merely owned. (description could read something like electromagnetic field produced by this device is insanely powerful.)

A device that converts all Activated Buffs to allow simultaneous group Buffs

i.e. a JE with LVL 9 Sextans or a Turtle Shell  -  could buff everyone in their group in just one hit and not have to do it individually 

This could be taken a stage further to allow extra skills to be group enabled - i.e -  Group PSI, Group Enviro Shield

• Upvote 1

Ever wondered what it would be like to actually fly your own ship?

Ever been frustrated with having to stop / start when doing a tour?

Look no further as Navigation Planner lvl 1 is here

......'Plan the route You want to take'

Subject to a 50 mil payout

Deteriorates over time....

That would be greatly exploited by bots and afkers.

Especially for trade runs.

No thank you.

Ever wondered what it would be like to actually fly your own ship?

Ever been frustrated with having to stop / start when doing a tour?

Look no further as Navigation Planner lvl 1 is here

......'Plan the route You want to take'

Subject to a 50 mil payout

Deteriorates over time....

It would be nice to have for JE, PS, and TS, the ability to give yourself enough juice to JS yourself when dead with no reactor. I was thinking a one time use device or a device you had to bring to a NPC get it recharged. 

We are takeing suggestions on the creation of a new item.

It will be 100% quality when purchased (expect it to be very expensive)  and deteriorate with time and or useage, locked onto the avatar that buys it.

The item or item's(as long as they are feasable) will be selected by the dev team after a 30 day idea entry period.

please keep idea's  to the point  and no long explanations.

This is your chance to be part of the creation process so lets hear your idea's.

this will be open for suggestions for 30 days.

Ullydian - As Blacklung said....This is OUR chance to be a part of the creation process......

Plus if a bot/afker macros warp travel then they could do so now very easily, with simple mouse clicks because as it stands now you only need one click to travel to a gate.

At least with a Planner (if designed correctly) i.e. does not save your last route, have to create your route on each system, clicking through each nav etc.. it would actually make it harder for a bot as the macro would be much much longer as they would have to click every nav they are travelling to.....

You comment is duely noted but incorrect

I always wanted to be able to collect a set of items that were matched with each

other complementing one anothers in aspects, for Race/class they were designed for.

Examples as follows for the Defender and/or Jenquai.

The Crimson Line: Crimson Kabuto (shield), Crimson Daikyu (weapon), Crimson Agemaki (device), Crimson Samjigin, Crimson Katabira, Crimson Jikatabi (engine) Crimson Dragon (beam weapon),  etc etc. You get the idea.

This would IMO would create a new fervor for raiding, collecting and manufacturing, add

a Nice equipped Crimson/Red graphic to a players shield aura or ship itself. and BAM !

Jealousy ! 

Phor

• Upvote 2

It is a new item..............but agreed it would change game mechanics

Just when I had come up with a few class specific items to introduce new buffs to the game. Well, I'll just post them anyway.

I have three new item suggestions. Level 7 versions shown as reference.

Scapegoat 7
Warrior Only.
Transfer Threat (Instant)        -   Transfers 28% of targets threat to player
Reduce Ammo Cost (Equip)         -   34% chance of not consuming ammo when firing

Silvertongue 7
Trader Only.
Transfer Shield Energy (Instant) -   Transfers 34% of players total shield energy to target
Reduce Threat (Equip)            -   Reduce threat generated by 24%

Emergency First Response L7
Explorer Only.
Convert Shield Energy (Instant)  -   Drains 7927 shield energy from player and transfers 615.0 units of reactor energy to target when activated.
Reduce Jumpstart Cost (Equip)    -   65% less energy used to engage jumpstart when equipped

Emergency First Response L7
Explorer Only.
Convert Shield Energy (Instant)  -   Drains 7927 shield energy from player and transfers 615.0 units of reactor energy to target when activated.
Reduce Jumpstart Cost (Equip)    -   65% less energy used to engage jumpstart when equipped

Just wanted to point out that the Antlia BCSR line of  Shunt Shields devices are perfectly capable of being activated on targeted players. It does however drain the target's shields to refill their reactor, so not exactly the same as what you're suggesting.

Just wanted to point out that the Antlia BCSR line of  Shunt Shields devices are perfectly capable of being activated on targeted players. It does however drain the target's shields to refill their reactor, so not exactly the same as what you're suggesting.

Well, the Antlia does much the same job. My intention with the device was to make a Phoenix-like device usable by all explorers, since the Phoenixes are JE only. Draining shields instead of reactor was to keep the Phoenix as the top of the line energy booster.The Antlia is also JE only, so it's no use to other explorers.

Well, the Antlia does much the same job. My intention with the device was to make a Phoenix-like device usable by all explorers, since the Phoenixes are JE only. Draining shields instead of reactor was to keep the Phoenix as the top of the line energy booster.The Antlia is also JE only, so it's no use to other explorers.

Remember there needs to be unique things that each explorer brings so you don't make any one of the 3 explorers redundant.  The JE brings the best device selection, the PE brings the best firepower & is the toughest explorer, the Scout is the fastest explorer.  Each should have some unique things not carried by the other two.

Remember there needs to be unique things that each explorer brings so you don't make any one of the 3 explorers redundant.  The JE brings the best device selection, the PE brings the best firepower & is the toughest explorer, the Scout is the fastest explorer.  Each should have some unique things not carried by the other two.

I have a somewhat different view on the matter. When you don't have enough people to bring a JE to a raid, another class should be able to help out to some extent with what usually falls on the JE. Maybe the stats needs to be tuned down to still give the JE the edge, but there are precedents, like the Martyr's Heart.

I have a somewhat different view on the matter. When you don't have enough people to bring a JE to a raid, another class should be able to help out to some extent with what usually falls on the JE. Maybe the stats needs to be tuned down to still give the JE the edge, but there are precedents, like the Martyr's Heart.

That's where I disagree, if you can do the raid without the things the JE brings, why bring the JE?  Same for the other support classes.

I always wanted to be able to collect a set of items that were matched with each

other complementing one anothers in aspects, for Race/class they were designed for.

Examples as follows for the Defender and/or Jenquai.

The Crimson Line: Crimson Kabuto (shield), Crimson Daikyu (weapon), Crimson Agemaki (device), Crimson Samjigin, Crimson Katabira, Crimson Jikatabi (engine) Crimson Dragon (beam weapon),  etc etc. You get the idea.

This would IMO would create a new fervor for raiding, collecting and manufacturing, add

a Nice equipped Crimson/Red graphic to a players shield aura or ship itself. and BAM !

Jealousy ! 

Phor

You could take this a stage further and a SET buff, once all items are aquired/equipped.

Nice Idea :)

• Upvote 1

For building a multi use version of the override device, rare by comparison, for the same level.  Instead of only one use, 2  to 5 uses.  May have to be in a device slot instead of the terminal slot.  Not sure there.

For a permanent device well into the future of the game:  JE Only wormhole recalibration device.  Allows wormholes to new destinations.  Said destinations aren't currently open yet, so this device should be delayed until then.  When the device is equipped the top 3 wormholes have different destinations than they normally have.  Said destinations would be in sectors currently not open, but would open later in the storyline.  If that's not doable, then some specific destination JE only devices.  Unlike the Tail Tucker, all group members within 1Km would be transported, just like a wormhole.