To the devs raguarding particular guilds

This.

From an internal standpoint, a good 90 percent of the complaining about spawns/timers/drops/guilds/KSing/etc is just someone looking for any reason to pitch a fit. 

Very rarely does it pan out.  I could count on one hand the number of people ive heard of getting a ban or sanction for being a jerk in game.  One hand.

But we all know that takeing out concearns to the forrum ,(like here)is not about to get us banned from the game. I applaud wireclub for stepping up,speaking out his concearns the correct way rather than attack channels in the game.I allso note that a dev in another post as aired the same view as wireclub (only as pointed out, more tactfully).However i see things are looking up, fb raids today were being formed in the market channel free for all to see and join,very impressive and hopefully a turning point for all concearned...remember folks this is only a game

This has also stimulated discussion among some of the player base, in and out of guilds.. With luck the leaders of the big 3 and their members will do more to open things up to solo/small guilds.. It takes effort and work to coordinate outside of their guilds and I hope they find the time and desire to do more... Some of the content ideas rolling around and the Devs talking about some of these issues hopefully will also make an impact.. all we can do is watch, wait and continue to discuss things in a civil and adult process... That will get heard.. rants, gripes and tantrums won't get anyone very far...

• Upvote 2

I'd like to point out the rotations of the 3 big guilds only affects THEM... If ppl bring up an good number of good enough outfitted players to sucessfully do a raid they can claim EVERY raid in the game if the Trigger is up.

To make it clear if u start gathering ppl in market/general/new player u might find one of the big 3 guild do the raid when u done gathering.

When u have lets say a full raid of 3-4 Groups together waiting for GoBB to spawn its your try and the big 3 wont walk in and KS.

As Aru stated above, this is true for Static as well. If you and your groups are doing a raid that Static is 'scheduled' to do that week and we come and find you there, we will wish you luck and leave the area to let you finish what you started.

Never would a group of Static members walk into a raid situation as stated and try to steal it from them. The rotations are ONLY in place to keep the big 3 from stepping on each others toes. There are a LOT of feet running about with those 3 tags so we came up with something for those of us wearing those tags to alleviate the problems.

For those of you who aren't wearing those tags, those 'rules' don't apply to you so no worries. If you can do it, and want to do it, then do it. Don't point fingers at those of us who can and call us 'evil' because we can.

Seeing two sides fight here I would like to see what the actual rotations for the big 3 are?

As in actual days.

1) B/I

2) static

3)VGE

My question would be, are you leaving room for someone else to get it.

If not then it would be pretty plain the big 3 are hogging the raids.

If they ARE leaving room then it's the other people's fault for not going after it at those times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To be fair, it doesnt really matter to me who is in a rotation and who isnt.  If there is beef with the top 3 or 4 guilds, then make another big one and fight over the spawn.  The rotation as far as i remember is in place to prevent drama between the big guilds.  We do not interfere with guild matters, that has been stated a dozen times over the last year. 

That being said, I have watched many raids in the past, and I never/rarely see anyone but the big three even attempt them.  It makes me wonder just how many people actually put the effort in to collect the people together to do it independently.

O_o  We arent going to make the raids more accessible just because people want to be lazy and have an instant raid loot button.  Know what I mean?

This thread comes off as a "static or builders camps the raids and i cant ever do them" thread.   But the reality of the in game situation is that no one but those couple of big guilds actually have the personnel to do the raids most of the time.  Youre gonna have to make friends and group together, even if it is an independent consortium of like minded small guilds or has the help of a big one.

Thats the way it really is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This post saddens me to a point of not wanting to respond and uninstall enb . However I'm going to hope for change .It's not that people are too "lazy" to do the big raids its the fact you can't get near the timed raids generally . And the trigger raids if you don't ask the big 3 for help you either won't get enough man power or spend hours trying that's why no ones doing them. To say its because people are too lazy is beyond belief you think every single player outside the big 3 is "too lazy" the comment barely deserves a response if anything you've highlighted the fact theirs a problem . Way I see it 2 choices

1) Things change more casual players join the hard corers whine for awhile then realise they still have everything they had before just the smaller guilds have a shot now .

2) Things don't change it gets to a point where the hard corer's are the only one's donating . The casual players (larger majority of the game start to quit ) The hard corers eventually get bored no one's donating .The  casual have left all the bridges are burnt .

But it's up to you guys raids aren't the only issue their are others but this is up their with the big problems capable of loosing you your player base if you are not careful. I want this game to have a  future in it's current form I don't see it.

To be fair, it doesnt really matter to me who is in a rotation and who isnt.  If there is beef with the top 3 or 4 guilds, then make another big one and fight over the spawn.  The rotation as far as i remember is in place to prevent drama between the big guilds.  We do not interfere with guild matters, that has been stated a dozen times over the last year. 

That being said, I have watched many raids in the past, and I never/rarely see anyone but the big three even attempt them.  It makes me wonder just how many people actually put the effort in to collect the people together to do it independently.

O_o  We arent going to make the raids more accessible just because people want to be lazy and have an instant raid loot button.  Know what I mean?

This thread comes off as a "static or builders camps the raids and i cant ever do them" thread.   But the reality of the in game situation is that no one but those couple of big guilds actually have the personnel to do the raids most of the time.  Youre gonna have to make friends and group together, even if it is an independent consortium of like minded small guilds or has the help of a big one.

Thats the way it really is.

Edited by Ulyydian
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I get sort of tired of the whole "lose the player base" thing.  I mean lets be honest, if you want to play enb, you only really have this.  We arent doing it as a for profit big game studio full time job thing, for one.  And for another thing, the whole argument about not having enough people around outside of the big three is absolute bull.  Roughly 40 percent of the playerbase is in Static/BI/VGE.  Where is the other 60 percent?

There are more people outside the big three than in them.  Tell me how they cant group it up and go for it?  I mean seriously.

Effort and organization.  Get a teamspeak, get people to join it, profit?  Thats all the big three ever do, hell BI uses the official emulator ts.

What do you want us to do, make the raids so dumb down retarded easy that someone with 6 toons can basically solo it like we did back in stress test four?  We arent trying to make this a one player game man, its a multiplayer. 

The way you worded your post sounds like this to me, especially number two:  "OMG IF I CANT HAVE WHAT HE HAS ILL QUIT, MAKE IT EASY FOR ME TO HAVE IT!"

Also, what is the beef with "big guilds" anyway?  Join one of them, I did when I was still actively playing before i joined the development team.  It isnt like we have ever had a playerbase that was of a size conductive to guilding anyway.  At the end of the day its the same couple hundred guys.

I am sorry if you dont like my tone, but frankly you pushed a major button with the whole "do this or this will happen" thing.  I am really tired of reading it as an implied threat to try to get us to do something that would be very very very bad for the overall health of the game.

+1 and wiped the negative votes for you.  I wanted sooooo bad to post to this but kept my size 11 out of my mouth. 

• Upvote 1

I get sort of tired of the whole "lose the player base" thing.  I mean lets be honest, if you want to play enb, you only really have this.  We arent doing it as a for profit big game studio full time job thing, for one.  And for another thing, the whole argument about not having enough people around outside of the big three is absolute bull.  Roughly 40 percent of the playerbase is in Static/BI/VGE.  Where is the other 60 percent?

There are more people outside the big three than in them.  Tell me how they cant group it up and go for it?  I mean seriously.

Effort and organization.  Get a teamspeak, get people to join it, profit?  Thats all the big three ever do, hell BI uses the official emulator ts.

What do you want us to do, make the raids so dumb down retarded easy that someone with 6 toons can basically solo it like we did back in stress test four?  We arent trying to make this a one player game man, its a multiplayer. 

The way you worded your post sounds like this to me, especially number two:  "OMG IF I CANT HAVE WHAT HE HAS ILL QUIT, MAKE IT EASY FOR ME TO HAVE IT!"

Also, what is the beef with "big guilds" anyway?  Join one of them, I did when I was still actively playing before i joined the development team.  It isnt like we have ever had a playerbase that was of a size conductive to guilding anyway.  At the end of the day its the same couple hundred guys.

I am sorry if you dont like my tone, but frankly you pushed a major button with the whole "do this or this will happen" thing.  I am really tired of reading it as an implied threat to try to get us to do something that would be very very very bad for the overall health of the game.

Exactly what i been saying , but you put it better :D

Ok fair enough I would strongly recommend you actually do some sort of survey in game not just take the opinion of the very few . My guess is probably mostly the ones with access to the big raids and I think you will find a majority consensus with unhappiness on many many things my point at in this post being one and keeping things as they are can only hurt this game in the long term at best its sad but I'm done with this thread in time I feel things will change hopefully not to late I can see this is going no where though not enough of as stanig put it the larger majority of the game the ones unhappy with things (the casual players) care enough to complain they just leave .  So yes I'm done with this thread . My points on things I think desperately need fixing are clearly not agreed with by the forums . We shall see what time brings.

Ok fair enough I would strongly recommend you actually do some sort of survey in game not just take the opinion of the very few . My guess is probably mostly the ones with access to the big raids and I think you will find a majority consensus with unhappiness on many many things my point at in this post being one and keeping things as they are can only hurt this game in the long term at best its sad but I'm done with this thread in time I feel things will change hopefully not to late I can see this is going no where though not enough of as stanig put it the larger majority of the game the ones unhappy with things (the casual players) care enough to complain they just leave .  So yes I'm done with this thread . My points on things I think desperately need fixing are clearly not agreed with by the forums . We shall see what time brings.

meaning to get a accurate response the forums are completely useless the majority of active posters are from the big 3 none of the casual players come here they don't care they just leave if they aren't happy hence why I said in game. And get responses from people at the lower end of the scale. a poll answered by 95% of harcorers in the big 3 I will not accept as proving me wrong. all I'm saying

Edited by wireclub

meaning to get a accurate response the forums are completely useless the majority of active posters are from the big 3 none of the casual players come here they don't care they just leave if they aren't happy hence why I said in game.

dude you where don on this thread so quit it.

EnB was never about the raids. Seriously. It only started moving that way after EA had it and gear wars were popular in everquest to keep populations involved. Westwood built the game to be about exporation and story. Gear was in some cases, an afterthought. (at least in my opinion). EnB died before the modern idea that shiney loot was the mark of status, and 10 years later the largest MMO out there is starting to loose enitre guilds of people who have considered raiding like a second job. 

Been part of one of those, not fun. EnB is fun for me cause I can fly around, blast stuff, feel like I'm part of a futuristic timeline. I understand you feel different. But fact is, the modern MMO fan is very abusive to the builders of the worlds we love. Where the passions for the game, and player perceptions of what should be and shouldn't be take a course where players start yelling at the game builders because the world is not they way you would build it.

This game came back from the dead because Kyp and his Crew have sacrificed time from their lives to rebuild a world they were passionate about. They are the creators, they are the story tellers. It's their world. Deal with that reality. If you don't like it, put your skills to work and build a world to go play in that suits what you want.

My thoughts on stomping your feet and demanding change. Look at the WoW forums. Every day there are thousands of people who huff and puff and demand. They don't get what they want. Why should that apply here. I'll recommend a game that is solid, fun and enjoyable. Not one that I load up and have an I win button. See how much fun you have in a console game after you punch in the god codes. Sure you have a blast running around for an hour, or two. Maybe a week after that you leave cause there is no challenge. (eventually everyone drops things that are mind numbing)

To Stanig, Thank you for your time and direct attention here. I appreciate the fact you are tough enough to take on this. I hope you had an awesome summer vacation. 

My Final thoughts. It doesn't matter really. You have your opinion, and are entitled to it. But demanding that the mechanics of a game change because you can't get the social aspect of the game to work for you is (in my opinion) very selfish and disrespectful to the people around you. All three Guilds have publicly posted their policys on raids. The GM's have public policy on issues of Kill Stealing etc. If you find people breaking these on purpose, take screen shots and submit them to the GM's. 

I suggest reflection, otherwise your not going to enjoy yourself in life. (stomping your feet in a temper tantrum never works)

• Upvote 2

Trying to stop replying to this but people making me look like the bad guy the fact is I know people leaving because of issues in this game this being one of them. I've seen game's fail . Because you try to say something you get shot down by the types who want to hold on to power and will do anything to make the guy look bad for trying to make a point .Because the majority don't come to the forums apart from the hard-core players who of course all is well for they can get everything so naturally the devs think everything is fine slowly but surely the player base widdles down and dies . Seen it before but seriously . I'm done now . On a side note when people wish to be open to more then one point of view /(which appears to be the hard core players point of view please advertise this in game forums may pick up in activity ) . I won't be using them often . I'm upset at how fast people are to dive on someone and say absolutely anything to discredit saddest part is I honestly believe if you went in game where the higher majority of opinions are and really asked around you would find a lot of disagreement to the view of the very few people that actually use the forums and that's a massive problem "the needs of the many and all "

• Downvote 1

I find it interesting that people talk about getting involved in the community, yet I can be on for 6 hours + and barely see anyone even talk in chat.

All I see is constant people logging in and out.

If people are communicating it certainly isn't through the normal chat.

A silent chat gives the feeling of a pretty dead community and the feeling of being very alone on a server.

If everyone is only talking through guild chat, then that's very isolated as well.

• Upvote 2

I should not say this , but , "WIRECLUB SHUT THE HELL UP"

Ps could the Devs/GM's just give him all the raid gear he wants please as he cant bother to work for it .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I find it interesting that people talk about getting involved in the community, yet I can be on for 6 hours + and barely see anyone even talk in chat.

All I see is constant people logging in and out.

If people are communicating it certainly isn't through the normal chat.

A silent chat gives the feeling of a pretty dead community and the feeling of being very alone on a server.

If everyone is only talking through guild chat, then that's very isolated as well.

we at BI almost only talk in guild chat. For builds we ask in the guild chat because we can build almost all items. If we need information most of the time there is some one who knows it. And when we talk outsite of the guild chat its to help some one els.

No offense meant to the OP here, but I am still seeing no reason for bleating about the raids. Yep, I am one of the "Big 3". I wonder; how hard have you worked to get where you are right now? You have barely been registered on these forums for 3 months. Do you have a toon that is 150 yet? Have you ATTEMPTED to be included in a raid either by asking one of the "Big 3" or even gathering your own group?

I noticed a question someone asked about how long a 'trigger' is left up before the raiders begin. Well, the answer to that is however long it takes us to gather enough members to complete the raid, whether it's 10 minutes or 10 hours. Do we leave it for days and days for others to 'try'? Nope, surely don't and I think to assume we should so others have a chance is pure BS. If you want a chance at a raid, know the spawn timers, be ready, start gathering your teams together before it spawns and be there when it does. It really is THAT simple. If you don't know the timers, then sit, watch, learn, listen. We ALL did that. It isn't knowledge that is just 'handed' over upon guild creation. It takes time, teamwork and communications to get this information together and just as much time, teamwork and communcations to get the raid completed. If you get your stuff together and beat us to the trigger and begin, congratulations and good luck. If you do not, don't blame us because we got organized first.

To complain about the "Big 3" or ANY guild, for that matter, I find absolutely ridiculous. I played alone, single, by myself for most of the ST's. I decided right toward the end of ST 4 that I didn't want to play alone anymore. I didn't choose a guild based on who could get me to the raid the fastest or the most uber gear, I chose it based on the amount of players that I interacted with from that particular guild who had the same views as myself. I communicated and stil communicate with multiple folks from other guilds. Just because we don't all share a guild tag doesn't mean a damned thing. I think sometimes that information is overlooked by players that aren't 'hardcore'.

Wireclub, you specifically stated that the only folks who come to this forum and who shouldn't be 'counted' are the hardcore players. So, because we love our game, we watch the forums, we participate in the conversations, we listen, we watch, you hold that against us and claim it is not the right 'playerbase' to be asking. If the others are in and out that fast that they can't get enough steam together to visit the forums or communicate with the rest of the playerbase then how are we to be held responsible? Obviously they don't have the same love of this game, they didn't take the time or the effort to learn how to play, to see the mechanics and how they work, to really sit back and enjoy all that this galaxy has to offer. They went straight to 150 and when they didn't get immediate gratification of what they thought they should get at that level they left. You say that our player base will continue to dwindle and to that I say NOPE! There have been many before that raced to the top, got bored, got fussy that there wasn't an "I WIN" button and left. Then there were 2 more to replace that lost one. It is cyclical. There will always be those who come in, don't get what they want and then leave. Then there will always be us 'hardcore' gamers here day after day, tribulation after tribulation and still standing at the end. We might loose a few new players along the way, but we usually pick up a few that just love this and do everything they can to support it even with the 'crap' that goes on, so at the end of the day, it does even itself out.

I challenge you, Wireclub, to actually SEE the game. Not the end game content, not the raids, not the uber gear, not the guilds, any of the guilds. See the players, see the community, stop whining about what you don't yet have and look to see what you can actually get. You aren't being excluded from game content by anyone other than yourself.

One of the best posts i have ever had the pleasure to read . :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

we at BI almost only talk in guild chat. For builds we ask in the guild chat because we can build almost all items. If we need information most of the time there is some one who knows it. And when we talk outsite of the guild chat its to help some one els.

Same for VGE we talk in guild chat mostly . You will see me in New Player chat a lot to help new players out or handing out box's to friend's in this game that i have known for years even decades. TBH all of the guild's talk in there guild chat , BUT you will see us in new player chat or general chat when needed , ask,  speak up,  yell at us  WE will respond .

I have never even seen you ask any of the big 3 for info on raids in chat. I know you have never contacted ME about any raids. I have remained respectful to all in this EMU but there is a time when the door must be closed.  saying that , Wireclub post with your main account or don't post  at all . You sir want things to happen to YOUR satisfaction , not going to happen. 

Any group of players can do the " Raids "  If you are doing a gobb raid and its our (any of the BIG 3)  night we will wish you the best and will stand by to help your group , we will JS you . we will Hull Patch you , we will laff at you when you all die . BUT you will get respect from VGE , BI and Static . Because you tried. AND that is what counts .

Kyp and his team has brought this game from the dead . It is not like (errr i need to cuss here )  "EA" live and will never be .

Lobevaser / Wetpolecat  has spoken . now please end this topic or lock it .

Edited by Lobevaser

Same for VGE we talk in guild chat mostly . You will see me in New Player chat a lot to help new players out or handing out box's to friend's in this game that i have known for years even decades. TBH all of the guild's talk in there guild chat , BUT you will see us in new player chat or general chat when needed , ask,  speak up,  yell at us  WE will respond .

I have never even seen you ask any of the big 3 for info on raids in chat. I know you have never contacted ME about any raids. I have remained respectful to all in this EMU but there is a time when the door must be closed. 

Wy would i ask about the raid info im in one of the Big 3 and one of the main tanks. So if you need any info about it let me know and i wil explaine it to you.

Edited by Jamoos