RD Base.

Just wanted to chime in here..I was fighting CL44-48 stuff solo as CL30/31 and I was missing(doing 0 dmg) A LOT. And that was using 5xL6 Mortars on my PP..now I could still kill them, but I used a ton of ammo doing it.

I'll fraps me kiting something around forever with a hold full of ammo, just gotta find something like cl40+ to play with, as i'm not cl20

I don't understand, are you just trying to show that you can kite something? That's not in debate at all. Kiting has been the terran way of life since beta, and the current incarnation of kiting is "ez mode".

In live you had to deal with mobs that had:

1) Grav link

2) Summon

3) 600+ impulse speed

4) Hacked engines

5) Menace

etc...

In the current version of the game, if you have > 3-5k range (depending on the size of the mob's graphic), and about 250 impulse, you can kite anything forever. Mobs have roughly a 30k tether on any axis that if you keep them in that bubble, they will follow you. Outside of that approximate range they either dissapear or turn around and fly back at roughly 600 impulse.

What is contended here is that there is something in the code that limits the ability of a character to do damage to a mob based on the gap in combat level. There is a link somewhere to the actual code for this game, I can't find it, but there is probably something in there that explains the calculations.

Fraps the ability to do damage on a mob that's however many cl's higher than me and not miss or do 0's. But maybe i'll do a video tutorial on how to circle kite mobs within their leash range for the people who have problems with it. Either way.

Also. I know about all that from live. it's what made things interesting.

I don't understand, are you just trying to show that you can kite something? That's not in debate at all. Kiting has been the terran way of life since beta, and the current incarnation of kiting is "ez mode".

In live you had to deal with mobs that had:

1) Grav link

2) Summon

3) 600+ impulse speed

4) Hacked engines

5) Menace

etc...

In the current version of the game, if you have > 3-5k range (depending on the size of the mob's graphic), and about 250 impulse, you can kite anything forever. Mobs have roughly a 30k tether on any axis that if you keep them in that bubble, they will follow you. Outside of that approximate range they either dissapear or turn around and fly back at roughly 600 impulse.

Yup. That is why the mobs were tethered. Many people complained, but it was cruel to kite Mr. Chavez Boss Guy (My nickname for him) out to the corner of the sector, and ditch him there just to grief others. Terrans can still kite now, just not as easy before that code.

You Terrans (under Kyp, your overload) need to think less linear and more circular! Wow, that made me sound smart. :)

I kind of feel bad for those RD mobs and the RD base. Imagine how much XP Dept and Credit Debt they are in from all those "Tows," after being killed so much. :P

- Marco

Fraps the ability to do damage on a mob that's however many cl's higher than me and not miss or do 0's.

Assuming the CL in your sig is current, shoot a GSP from 6k (then warp out!), and save yourself some trouble :)

I've tested this on RD Base, Kish the Fish, Deshash, GSPs, etc. Watch any progen shoot at something too high and the bullets fly off on 90 degree angles.

Claiming 100% accuracy and 100% damage is bold.

Hell just roll a lvl 1 TE and fire at an Earthcorps CL 66.

Yup. That is why the mobs were tethered. Many people complained, but it was cruel to kite Mr. Chavez Boss Guy (My nickname for him) out to the corner of the sector, and ditch him there just to grief others. Terrans can still kite now, just not as easy before that code.

You Terrans (under Kyp, your overload) need to think less linear and more circular! Wow, that made me sound smart. :)

I kind of feel bad for those RD mobs and the RD base. Imagine how much XP Dept and Credit Debt they are in from all those "Tows," after being killed so much. :P

- Marco

Marco do you know where in the SVN files the damage calculations are stored? User testing is great, but code is more reliable.

Nvm I found some stuff that I believe applies. The second one supports my experiences in ST3 on shooting CL 66.

If I understand the first one, miss rates vary greatly at 10 level difference, 16 (for CL 66 vs CL 50 player), 20 level difference, and +25 level difference.

I go back to CL35 (level 5 missiles) vs CL66 (Base), and you land squarely in the "impossible to hit" part of that.

----------------

short Player::CalcMissChanceVersus(int subcat, short mob_level)

{

short miss_chance = 5; //5% base miss_chance

short level_diff = mob_level - (short)CombatLevel();

float weapon_skill = 0.0f;

if (level_diff > 0)

miss_chance += level_diff*level_diff/5; // +10->20% +16(raid)->51%, +20->80% +25 impossible to hit

else

miss_chance += level_diff; // subtract

------------------

if (weapon_skill > 300.0f)

weapon_skill = 300.0f;

miss_chance -= (short)(weapon_skill / 10.0f); // 30% at max, giving 74% chance to hit raid bosses (66) fully buffed

return miss_chance;

• Upvote 1