RD Base.

Decided to go exploring and after mapping all navs in the known universe I found myself in Aragoth by the Old Red Dragon Gate.

I then thought I would go and see if the RD Base was still there, just for a laugh.

Heading north-west from the RD Gate I hit the grav well and saw the Dragons Breath defenses (Which did not fire on me), a few lvl55 RD's and the Lvl66 Station.

The Station turned to look at me which I though was strange and I started to look for the parts of the base which would disable it.

After several minutes I saw there were no parts on the base apart from the base its self.

So as any TE would, I kited it until it went POP.

Hellbore for Shaddex :)

Anyways.

RD Base need A LOT of work on it.

Base nodes need adding.

Dragons Breath turrets need to act like a mob and actually shoot.

Mobs seem to have a random path rather than in live when they had a route they would follow.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What the heck, how fast did you level to be able to hit it? You'd have to be around CL40+ to land any damage on it, but even with a hull full of ammo you'd probably run dry before killing it :) (I think I popped it around CL 44 or so in ST3 and it took forever).

And yeah, it is 100% "broken", but then so is all end game :)

What the heck, how fast did you level to be able to hit it?

And yeah, it is 100% "broken", but then so is all end game ;)

Nothing to do with the lvl of char.

RD base firing range = 2k

Basic TE = > 3k

Maths is Maths...

:P

• Downvote 2

Still, how did you manage the ammo aspect ? Small stacks + small hull = poop

It has everything to do with level of char unless they removed the restriction on being able to damage mobs that are way over your head.

Kiting is easy if you respect the tether, the ability to do damage + ammo capacity is the constraint in the kiting equation which is a function of your combat level (which also drives weapon level and stack size).

As a guess given 5.6k range assuming a supernova or model z/y shield, say a lvl 4-5ish missile does 100 damage, the base has something like 1,300,000 HP, so assuming you landed every hit for 100 damage, that's 87 stacks of ammo. This isn't possible given cargo size and the fact that not every hit will do damage :P

If you got CL 50 already I want to know how, lol.

• Upvote 1

K cleaning up my math:

Explosive Rocket Type B - 100.00

Lvl 5 guns = 100% more damage, so base damage is 200.00

Base has 1mil hp

1,000,000 / 200 = 5000 rockets

Rockets stack up to 130

5000/130 = 38.5 stacks to do 1,000,000 damage.

Assuming 100% accuracy and 100% crit rate, 19.25 stacks.

Something isn't right unless I'm an idiot. Based on my TW kiting in ST3 (lvl 143), the ability to do damage to a CL66 mob is about a 75% sucess rate I would guesstimate with a CL50 character.

Either the base HP has been crippled or damage/accuracy/crit numbers on mobs are seriously messed up. You shouldn't be able to do 1 dmg to a CL 66 with lvl 5 guns, let alone do 1,000,000 with 1 full hull of lvl 5 ammo.

• Upvote 2

Sounds fishy to me. I've been using ML's on my JD & Scout to kite higher level mobs lately, for maps. I can barely hit things 10-15 CL's above me, as have the rockets do 0 damage, or miss entirely. On top of that, your reactor runs dry after a couple minutes, which equals less missiles being fired.

How much combat xp did this yield, and what CL were you?

• Upvote 1

Sounds fishy to me. I've been using ML's on my JD & Scout to kite higher level mobs lately, for maps. I can barely hit things 10-15 CL's above me, as have the rockets do 0 damage, or miss entirely. On top of that, your reactor runs dry after a couple minutes, which equals less missiles being fired.

Agrees 100%

/popcorn

How much combat xp did this yield, and what CL were you?

Scout in last stress could kite stuff 10 lv's higher, took time and patience....but damage was done without issue. I know this from kiting belter Damis in Vc without a prob on my TS. Granted my reactor was higher than my Missle skill as it should be. And out of curiosity, why are you even using missles on A JD? That's just really a waste of points and totally idiotic for that class. Not trying to stir anything, but anything other than beams for a JD is just a waste of effort and time. Terrans can get away with using beams, so can progens, Jenqui cannot get away with using anything other than beams no matter how hard you try to justify it.

Scout in last stress could kite stuff 10 lv's higher, took time and patience....but damage was done without issue. I know this from kiting belter Damis in Vc without a prob on my TS. Granted my reactor was higher than my Missle skill as it should be. And out of curiosity, why are you even using missles on A JD? That's just really a waste of points and totally idiotic for that class. Not trying to stir anything, but anything other than beams for a JD is just a waste of effort and time. Terrans can get away with using beams, so can progens, Jenqui cannot get away with using anything other than beams no matter how hard you try to justify it.

10 levels isn't a big deal at all. 30+ is, as well as the ammo issue.

You are lucky that I can't get my hands on that sector. Otherwise that battle would be EPIC! As in Lord of the Rings EPIC.

You'd defiantly need a good amount of peeps after I was done with it. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

- Marco

• 2 weeks later...

I went and shot at this with LVL 8 ML's last night at CL45. I would estimate that at CL45, my shots that did more than zero damage was around 10-15% max, forget about crits. After 10 minutes I had whittled about 100k off of it and then left (waste of time). I used something like 8 stacks of ammo to do this. Note a zero is NOT a missed shot, but a shot that does zero damage on hit due to coding of combat mechanics.

It is operating exactly as it was in ST3.

If you killed it 2 weeks ago with LVL 5 missiles, then you either have LVL 5 god missiles or someone ninja changed the combat level and HP of the base back and forth in the last 2 weeks.

The OP is not plausible (it didn't happen as described) based on my experience with game mechanics at all given the constraints on the ability to do damage to something that exceeds your combat level by a wide margin (lvl 5 ML would be roughly CL 30 vs a CL 66 mob) unless an exploit/bug was in place at the time that allowed you to take it down. You just can't do reliable damage (see more than zero) to a CL 66 mob until you are at or very close to CL 50. I shot at Deshash the Plague(CL56) when I was CL44, and still threw up a pile of zeroes. My CL 35ish PW cannot realiably hit a CL 50 mob (again, zeroes).

If there is something in game that allows someone to hit a mob 36 CL's over their head, this would probably fall into "game breaking exploit" category.

This testing just reinforced the math above that says you would have had to land 19 stacks of 100% accuracy and 100% crit ammo to kill it. You didn't kill it with LVL 5 missiles.

So as any TE would, I kited it until it went POP.

Hellbore for Shaddex :)

No.

• Upvote 2

i dunno where the calculations come from with 10-15 lvls higher u would like almost do no dmg....i remember in live rdbase or any other cl66 like the ones in TE newbee sector the luna patrols or something like that with my maxed TE i didnt have any dmg reduce on them while they were 16cls higher...and if its just the rdbase its not that hard to take it down...with my PW using 3x chemical 3x plasma +basilisk and bully eye for chem and plasma debuff the base just alone took me like tops 10sec solo.and its funny that this base does dmg in live it didnt...u got only get owned by the hellbores or rds around there.

The answer is easy. LoL. There are MANY instant superior toons in ST4. Instant L150 toons, God like leveling....L100+ in 2 weeks,Just watch General channel & you will see ding,ding,ding,ding....from same person. Too funny. Its been this way since ST3, why would it change now.

i dunno where the calculations come from with 10-15 lvls higher u would like almost do no dmg....i remember in live rdbase or any other cl66 like the ones in TE newbee sector the luna patrols or something like that with my maxed TE i didnt have any dmg reduce on them while they were 16cls higher...and if its just the rdbase its not that hard to take it down...with my PW using 3x chemical 3x plasma +basilisk and bully eye for chem and plasma debuff the base just alone took me like tops 10sec solo.and its funny that this base does dmg in live it didnt...u got only get owned by the hellbores or rds around there.

This isn't live, go shoot something and you'll see :)

I myself have at least messed with a cl 33 as a like cl 13. i woulda never killed it but i was able to keep it at distance(leash kiting is easy once you learn how to), and i was actually hitting it and doing damage. infinitely small damage compared to it's shields but i didn't miss once, and the missiles always did normal damage.

I myself have at least messed with a cl 33 as a like cl 13. i woulda never killed it but i was able to keep it at distance(leash kiting is easy once you learn how to), and i was actually hitting it and doing damage. infinitely small damage compared to it's shields but i didn't miss once, and the missiles always did normal damage.

I'll screen shot this when the server is back up for the skeptics ^_^