Reduction to the 'time sink' aspect of the game.

Love this game. However yes leveling is rather mundane. I had two level 150 characters when the game was life. I want to rebuild my JE. Its literally like pulling teeth 5 hours only level 15. Really wish I could just sprinkle some money your way and buy exp buffs or levels.

Love this game. However yes leveling is rather mundane. I had two level 150 characters when the game was life. I want to rebuild my JE. Its literally like pulling teeth 5 hours only level 15. Really wish I could just sprinkle some money your way and buy exp buffs or levels.

How long did it take u to get to level 15 in LIVE?

The first 20 levels on the JE are the hardest.

Leveling my JE at times felt like it was going nowhere.

But those were just bumps in the road on the way to 150.

I remember around level 70 it felt like I was going nowhere.

I just had to dust myself off and keep going.

Mix things up abit.

Do some mining and when that gets boring go kill something for awhile.

Do some jobs to mix things up once you get to level 35.

Find missions that are available to you, some give great exp.

Best thing I can recommend for the first 20 levels or so of JE should be as much Explore Xp as possible. If you can rope a tour, do it....

Second thing I'd recommend you do is go hang out at the Glenn Chavez camp, watch for one of the Progens that is using Shield Nova to farm faction.  Ask them if you can group with them and then cloak up and loot like mad... that will get you a fast chunk of TL.  Once you get OL35 do missions and go check out Margesi Sector.. an awesome place for JE from OL30 to OL75, in fact it is probably one of the best "newbie" sectors in the game for prospectors.

After leaving the starter sector at level 10, I did the next 50 levels or so almost exclusively mining and touring. Mining low level hulk field clear jobs was a great way to boost trade levels back then, since the debris quickly stacked up to a lot of trade levels. Unfortunately I think they cut those jobs out. If you play during non-peak hour, it may still be worth it to visit known hulk fields at lower levels for a bit of a trade XP boost once every play session.

• 9 months later...

You probably want to do L105 jobs in locations that are near wefts.  If you know a JE with the Endriago wormhole, you can to satellite jobs to Aragoth Prime.  That will shorten your trips quite a bit.  With the addition of credits for Explore jobs, and the reduction of XP that went with it, unless you are a Jenquai below EL25, you're better off doing trade jobs.  The Field Clear jobs for explorers are fairly nice, and there are good ones in Endriago.  The Terran Scout has it best for those, the JE next, and the PE last, if you're going to Lagarto.

Back when Westwood/EA ran this it took quite a while to get a level, to the point where gaining levels were not the objective when you were playing. Instead you went out an mined/traded/hunted/missioned and if you got a level then cool...

In this leveling a toon is soooo much faster it kinda makes me think it should take longer to level. Sure there's missions like Agrippa if you really get bored and want something to grind your face on, but for me E&B was more of a casual game and most players had the "We will get there eventually" mentality rather than the "Blitz to 150 then go raiding" you see in most MMO's these days.