Incompatible version of net7proxy

downloaded the game, net7 installed everything, ran it, soon as i click play after everything ran its course it closes, says "incompatible version of net7proxy. latest version is 2.41" then another window pps up and says server failed to respond to login attempt. how do i fix this?

delete net7proxy.exe in our game's BIN folder, and let it patch again, or using the launcher menu inside choose reset updates then check for updates.

The latter forces a redownload of all files, the former if you just check for updates with it absent, it should provide you the proxy.

• 2 weeks later...

Patch?  Run which patch?  I have problem with this also, but can't figure out which update patch to use.  Is there a newer version than those I have?

Phaedra_Dragon:

Hrm.. yes, I made the Universal Installer in 2009, some of it is long since outdated but I didn't want to update it again until we have more of the client files finalized. Here's what you do if getting that proxy message:

in \bin\ directory delete Net7Proxy.exe

At top of our launcher before clicking play, in upper left click Launcher > Reset Updates, then Launcher > Check for Updates. This should force a new download of all of our modified files. Its like patching the game for the first time after the install. It should be noted that as with installation, you should always run our launch explicitly as an administrator to ensure your user token being passed to the application has permission to write to all files. Because the applications are untrusted/independent there tends to be places that Windows stops it from writing to.

At top of our launcher before clicking play, in upper left click Launcher > Reset Updates, then Launcher > Check for Updates.

I am finding it difficult, to follow those directions, in as much as I don't seem to have the same "Launcher", as you refer to.  Mine says: "Launch Net 7 - v1.9.9".

Where do I find the proper place to click?  Is this place the title bar, or one of the words on the second line down?

{I peobably sound like a nit picker, but I am just slow.  Thank you fot your time}

Directly underneath our logo on the top left.

[attachment=2668:launcher.JPG]

My avatar is Admiral Adama from the reimagined Battlestar Galactica that aired on Sci-Fi (syfy?) a few years ago. Dour is probably a good word for him. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, Im new but old, I recently tried the emulator as of thurs last week, I was thrilled to play EnB again I want to say. Im having this issue also, I tried deleting the exe file for Net7, resetting update via launcher window and also updating via launcher window, Launchers says Im up to date but I still get Incompatible version of net7proxy. latest version is 2.41. btw my computer crashed this morning is running windows 8 32 bit, any ideas? thank you