Progen Tokens deleted by mistake

Brack

Hullo, is there any way to make Tokens not sellable? I'll explain, while doing trade runs from Fenris, to Nor, I mistakenly sold my Tokens again while leveling up, they appeared in the cargo hold as I was selling the trade goods, this is the second time I've done this, I hold down the shift key while selling to speed empty the cargo to the venders, am totally at a loss now, will never be able to do the Agrippa missions, cause it says on the Database, that the Tokens will not be replaced.

I think they should be non sellable please, for Everyone sake, not just me, or at least get them handed out by a NPC when the level is reached, not appear in the cargo while selling, cause they look just like the trade goods from Fenris, perhaps am blind as a bat when this happens, it's my fault I know, this only a suggestion for us.

Brack

• Downvote 1

Non-sellable option seems reasonable. I guess i just need to read more to understand tokens a bit more - still too much of a noob. I am a bit bummed I cannot do stage 1 stuff because I am too high a level now.

Yep wrong place for this but can the agripa expect builder items be storable as well, they sure eat up a lot of space and the only way to store them is to actually create an invite.

One reason they are sellable is so you can sell them to another player if you are not interested in doing the content.

That is only true of GOLD tokens, which are tradeable and sellable, I believe.

He is speaking of the White tokens you get as you level up. 

They are NOT tradeable, but you can sell them to a vendor, which should be changed as they can easily be mistaken for other types of loot.

• Upvote 1

They are NOT tradeable, but you can sell them to a vendor, which should be changed as they can easily be mistaken for other types of loot.

Be mistaken by the player that is doing the agrippa mission?   If I was to do the agrippa missions, I'd remember that I have mission items on me.  Then I'd  be careful while selling.  

Here's another way to look at it.  The Plagues Bite, very hard to obtain, looks just like Tengu Craniums.  So let's make the Plagues Bite non sellable, for it can be easily mistaken for other types of loot.

No changes for lack of attention.

• Downvote 1

Yes, mistaken, since they appear in your hold when you level up, magically, out of thin air, usually in the middle of doing something else totally unrelated to agrippa...

I have done agrippa, on all three archetypes, twice, and it still manages to catch me off guard on occasion.

As in "Where the hell did these come from?!?  ooh yeah...  "

Here is another way to look at it...

They are changing a lot of 3D assets to differentiate between good stuff and vendor fodder, which I did not advocate for in this instance - simply make the item non sell too, very easy. :)

It is NOT lack of attention.  It is something that appeared in your inventory with no notification of any kind. 

It is NOT like a Plagues Bite.  You did NOT put it into your cargo hold.

The first time it happens you would have no way of knowing that it would happen or that you should expect it to happen the way it does.

I am forming a great dislike for the phrase "Working as intended".  It seems like another way of saying "I don't care, I don't want to hear about it."

If it is 'working as intended', a few words about 'why' the way it is working is 'intended' would be more explanatory.  Or maybe a reference or link to a discussion thread where it is explained.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps there could be an alternate way to get those tokens.  Say a master agrippa mission for Progen, where when it's time for you to get a token, it updates, and sends you to an NPC to get said token.  For those Progen characters that already exist, an NPC on Arx Magister or on Norstrand Vor Planet, where you can get said master mission.

It is NOT lack of attention.  It is something that appeared in your inventory with no notification of any kind. 

Dakynos, on 08 Aug 2013 - 11:36 PM, said

It seems like the more important issue here is that you apparently don't get notified when you get them.

Then the change I see as proper:   Give indication of receipt of this item, when it appears in ones hold. (Mission update of some sort)

• Downvote 1

Dakynos, on 08 Aug 2013 - 11:36 PM, said

It seems like the more important issue here is that you apparently don't get notified when you get them.

Then the change I see as proper:   Give indication of receipt of this item, when it appears in ones hold. (Mission update of some sort)

Well, there sort of is a notification already if you read the mission logs. The whole blurb about making sure that there is room in your hold for "x" amount of mission tokens upon completion of the next hull upgrade is basically telling you that you are getting tokens in your hold, right?

Well, there sort of is a notification already if you read the mission logs. The whole blurb about making sure that there is room in your hold for "x" amount of mission tokens upon completion of the next hull upgrade is basically telling you that you are getting tokens in your hold, right?

Not EXACTLY, they appear in your inventory when you hit the level of a HU not as I remember when you do the HU.  The text should be changed from "make sure that there is room in your hold for "x" amount of mission tokens upon completion of the next hull upgrade" to "make sure that there is room in your hold for "x" amount of mission tokens upon completion of the LEVEL REQUIRED FOR next hull upgrade.  As I remember it I received the tokens without doing my HU mission.  I have yet to do my 135 mission and held off doing my 100 HU but still got the tokens.

That may be why getting them is such a surprise.

Lets get back on topic, Line one, Question one, Original Poster, shall we?  <_<

Hullo, is there any way to make Tokens not sellable?

I think they should be non sellable please...

Brack

Simple question, and the answer is clearly...

yes  ;)

I confirmed back to the mission code and did a quick test on the DEV server: When the tokens are placed in the hold the mission does update which generates the normal center screen update text. There is no way to make the receipt of the tokens more obvious. 

Thank you Everyone for the replies, and suggestions,  my fault not knowing the Tokens would appear in the cargo hold when leveling up, if I known this was going to happen, I would of, should of been more careful about speed selling to the vender, like I said before, they look the same shape and color as the trade goods from Fenris, this is my first PW leveling up on trade runs. Thank you again Everyone

• Downvote 1