Rank/Hull Upgradesfor Terran Scout

There seems to be a bit of a consensus developing, that the Terran Scouts are at least a sort of a paramilitary... still not liking the military enlisted ranks... so here are a few more ideas:

The Scout Version -------------- My personal favourite, as it avoids any overly military connotation, and thereby can operate under the radar of any sector law enforcement or military organizations (read: Earthcorps)

Lv. 0 -- Trainee (well, ya got to start somewhere...)

Lv. 10 -- Forager (in the military, the term forage typically means to get the "low hanging fruit", such as resources from people's land, especailly in occupied territory)

Lv. 30 -- Spotter (usually works as a subordinate to a sniper, marking the shot to be taken for him)

Lv. 50 -- Guide (can be an independent worker who knows her territory well)

Lv. 75 -- Pathfinder

Lv.100 -- Ranger (this could also hint at the TS's similarity to ranged fighter/scout roles in classic MMOs)

Lv.135 -- Outrider (can refer to a horse-mounted scout from the days of mounted fighting units)

The Witberg Edition -------------- More than a few of the Terran governments had taken to the old German model of ranking, especially in the waning days of the Pre-Unification Period after the mass-exodus of those nations andpeoples who would later become the Progen and the Jenquai.

Lv. 0 -- Gefreiter (roughly means "worker"/rank equiv. to private)

Lv. 10 -- Feldwebel (roughly, "sergeant")

Lv. 30 -- Faehnrich (roughly, "officer candidate")

Lv. 50 -- Leutnant (lieutenant)

Lv. 75 -- Hauptmann (captain)

Lv.100 -- Oberst (colonel)

Lv.135 -- Feldmarschall (field marshal)

I personally love that scout line of titles. Mebbe swap ranger/outrider (I like the ranger title more >.>) But otherwise, I think those ranks are near spot on.

I also do like the German rank list, since all those ppl we run into for TS skills are Von somebody or another, made me think German at least. To bad that once again, the German equivalent to the Admiral..... is..... Admiral. the Großadmiral or Generaladmiral is the German equivalent to US Fleet Admiral.

But again, that scout line of titles is awsome, plz to impliment dev!!!

• 3 weeks later...

A little necro-bump to hopefully beg some reconsideration :(

I personally love that scout line of titles. Mebbe swap ranger/outrider (I like the ranger title more >.>) But otherwise, I think those ranks are near spot on.

I also do like the German rank list, since all those ppl we run into for TS skills are Von somebody or another, made me think German at least. To bad that once again, the German equivalent to the Admiral..... is..... Admiral. the Großadmiral or Generaladmiral is the German equivalent to US Fleet Admiral.

But again, that scout line of titles is awsome, plz to impliment dev!!!

INterestingly enough, the two senior titles for Jenquai Traders (Seekers) are Wang'Jeu and Huangdi'Jeu for the Lv. 100 and Lv. 135 hull ranks, respectively.

Wang 王 is the Chinese for king, and Huangdi 皇帝 is the Chinese for Emperor, and in particular, the legendary Yellow Emperor (a quasi-divine figure who founded China's first imperial dynasty).

Kinda makes "Master Sergeant" and "Warrant Officer" pale by comparison, doesn't it?