a few questions about mistakes

Hi, I played EnB back on original release, and I am glad to see that the game has been revived.  I'm trying to learn/relearn some things though, so I need some advice to prevent mistakes or help me recover from them...

1) It is possible to change my ship colors and avatar clothes later on, right?  I'm not stuck with my first choices, am I?

2) What about making mistakes with skill points?  Can I ever undo one of them, or do I have to reroll the character?  I thought the original game had no way to undo a skill purchase.  I'm hoping that's changed.

3) I have a Jenquai Trader that I'm thinking of devoting to manufacturing.  To gain a few more skill points, would it completely ruin the in-game survivability if I take Devices and Reactors only to 7 rather than 9?  (see question #2, lol)

4) As a Jenquai Defender, is it wise to max a 2nd weapon skill or will beams suffice?  If so, is it more useful (considering bonuses they confer) to equip missile or projectile weapons?

Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.

1. Yes   There are in game terminals that you can alter your appearance.  The one's I've seen are at Jen Pie stations just before you enter from the docking bay.

2. Yes.  Progen Sentinels have an ability "Call Forward" or "CF" where by you purchase a device in Endraigo, install it, and a PS will reset your desired skill to Zero.

3. Sort of....   Decide what your game play style you prefer and adjust your sp's.  If you have the cash for repeated CF's then feel free to adjust at will.

4. BEAMS..... BEAMS..... BEAMS  (stinking Jen Pies and their OP'd combat cloak)

Muhir pretty much answered it, if you have no intention of combat whatsoever with your JT, I could see stopping at L7 reactor.  If you want to fight at all with your JT max your Reactor Tech, since you'll be using combat cloak plenty, and you'll need the reactor power to get the most out of the class.  Don't forget that you can get more skill points after L150 although it's slow.  Every time you fill one of your XP bars after 150 you get an overding and one skill point.

Also I'm not sure that you can CF the Shield/Engine/Reactor techs, but I could be mistaken there. 

Also I'm not sure that you can CF the Shield/Engine/Reactor techs, but I could be mistaken there. 

I just looked at the /call skill on my PS. 

The only skills you can not CF are the three basic techs i.e. Engine, Shield and Reactor levels

Answering #2 When a skill is reset via the Progen Sentinel skill Call Forward, the rating is reduced to one dot on the character information page. The first dot was free and so will always be present. Any skill points spent on the skill after that first free dot are refunded by the process.

I have an article "How To Answer The Call Forward" on the Progen tab of the Net-7 News at www.net-7.org Have a look and make a trip out to Arx Spartoi, Endriago to purchase the biostructs you need.

Answering #1 There are small terminals in certain stations that will, for a credit fee, allow you to modify the look of your ship or your toon avatar. Each costs credits to use so be sure you're happy with the changes before hitting the Accept button.

From Arx Spartoi, the Place of Life, this is the Pakkrat.

Pakkratius Sentinel 150
Pakkrateus Privateer 146
Pakkrat Tradesman 95

in answer to number 1, The Ship Customizer Terminals in game Stations are a bit buggy, or at least they are for me, work around is to paint your ship Glossy colors first, not the Metallic boxes, then you can change them up again afterwards, someone can correct me if am wrong, so don't quote me on this