Need an answer to a debuff question...

Do PW's get the benefit of an impact debuff from grav link at lv 5 or lv 7? I keep hearing different answers on this. I rather not call forward my grav link skill to find out if I don't have to.

I can vouch that you get the impact debuff at 5. I can't say it stacks (don't have the gear yet) but my impact weaps hit much harder with a lvl 5 grab link. And from the tool tips, grav link 7 is simply grav link 5 aoe. But grav link 5 does give the impact debuff. Edited by Abysial

Thanks. I can tell you that the lv 7 grav link stacks with the debuff from the Skirmish Omega shield (L9). It also stacks with Cassel's Wither (L7). I have heard that all three stack, but that doesn't seem to bear out in the damage I see in combat. If I debuff with the Skirmish then try to debuff again with the Wither, I get the message saying that a stronger debuff is already on the target. When I debuff with the Wither first, the Skirmish just seems to override the Wither buff. Perhaps I am seeing something wrong.

Buffs that do the same thing, but have different names; however should stack in most cases.  Not certain on debuffs.   The PW isn't the only class that would have an interest in this.

Both gravlink 5 and 7 will debuff impact (and also explosive!). The game seems to treat them as two different kinds of debuffs so gravlink 5 will stack with gravlink 7. As for using other impact debuffers, for example Cassel or Skrimish, these stack with gravlink 7 but NOT with gravlink 5. If you use Skirmish shield + gravlink 5 + gravlink 7, then gravlink 5 will override the debuff from the Skirmish shield eventhough the Skirmish shield actually has a stronger debuff. If you start with gravlink 5 and then try to use the Skirmish shield, you will be told that that a stronger debuff is already in place, eventhough this is clearly incorrect.

The strongest impact debuff you can achieve as a PW is lv 9 Skirmish shield + gravlink 7. This will give an (approx) 85% damage increase making it (as far as I know) the strongest debuff in the game.

Edited by Basileus