Seeker unable to learn Build Components

I'm trying my hand as a Jenquai Seeker, and I'm currently overall level 16.  I wanted to learn to build components, and the skill description told me to visit Synjin Talbot upon reaching level 15.  I did.  Instead of the "All In A Day's Work" mission, though, he just tells me that he's not in the mood to talk.  Am I missing something obvious?  (No other requirement is mentioned in the help text for the Build Components skill.)

Hmm, it's been a while since I did that mission on my JT, but if they haven't changed it since then, both build engines & build components were learned in the same mission.  Required you to get an ore from an explorer, make a comp, and then an engine.  Check your skill list and make sure you've got all the skills you should have, for your level, other than Build Engines & Build Comps.  It's possible that there may be pre-requisite missions that have to be done first.  Since we're talking about a skill, such a pre-requisite mission would likely be a skill mission.

I've currently got the following skills.

Beam Weapon
Device Tech
Engine Tech
Fold Space
Reactor Tech
Recharge Shields
Shield Tech

Is there someplace that lists a common progression of missions for each class?  Maybe I could see if I skipped something important?

You're right, you're right... I had not finished a starter mission thread yet.  My bad.

edit:  Or not.  It didn't help.

I also did the "Training for Business' mission with Jade Jango on the same station, and that didn't help with Synjin Talbot either.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's a bug.  I'm currently level 21, and I still can't get my level 15 skills.  :(

Edited by MellowTigger

I notice you don't have cloak which you should get before your Lvl 10 HU. Have you got that yet. Check ALL your skills and do all that your level allows. Start with the lowest level skills first. The skill descriptions are vague as to a "common progression".

You should also have the skill reactor optimization.

Edited by XanaX

I just researched your issue,  and I think I know what your problem is. You're not going to like my answer,  Go back and TALK to Synjin Talbot,  PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT HE SAYS And YOUR ANSWERS, you have to answer in a VERY SPECIFIC WAY,  if you dont answer right YOU WILL NOT get the mission, Go back and talk to him again PAYING ATTENTION to your ANSWERS to the questions,  HINT: he is full of himself.

that being said go back and talk to him  and just don't click through the chat.

I'm sorry if i sound a little Rough.