I keep getting sent back to log in screen

I followed the Faq, after I installed I made a character, but when I try to enter the game with the character I get sent back to the log in screen after seeing the galaxy map for a few seconds. No error message pops up, I just end up back at account log in.

I've looked around the Tech support forum to see if I could find a fix, but nothing I've read has worked. I'm running Win7.

Attached image of launcher, got a net framework error this time, that's new.

Here's the details of that framework error:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
   at LaunchNet7.FormMain.<DoGetPlayerCount>b__8(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

----------------------------------------
LaunchNet7
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0

System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

System.Drawing

System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

xa20rgoe

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I've got a pretty similar issue, and I haven't even been able to get to the tutorial. Finish making a character, start, get to galaxy loading screen, and it just sits there. Task manager fluctuates between running and not responding. And yes, I tried skipping the tutorial. I've also tried disabling IP6, and i've checked and unchecked Prototype Reorder. Help!

Still get sent back to the log in screen after deleting all the .th6 files.

Oh and I probably should have mentioned I'm using 64 bit Windows 7 in case that matters.

Well that's weird it works just fine on my laptop which is also Win7 64 bit.

Well since it worked on my laptop, and one of the big differentce between my laptop and desktop is that my desktop had Spyboy Search and Destroy's newest version. After I ended it the game worked, so apparently the old version doesn't mind EnB (as I have the older style od S&D on my laptop), but the new one does.

Edited by LordAnubis

Well the executables aren't signed, some scanners/protectors may have problems with them. We dont have a certificate for signing the deployed software and probably won't until the day they're in a final form.

You don't have Prototype-Reorder box checked (but that does not explain the crash), it would just prevent you from login in.

Also you should make an exception for E&B directory in Spy Search and Destroy, (or possibly disable SS&D) uninstall/re-install the game, and see if that makes a difference.

IMHO Malwarebytes are much much better, and I have Win-7 64bit Ultimate and Pro on my laptop and desktop with no problems

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue and deleting all the .th6 files *72 of them* still no luck logging in to the game. Oddly in Avast aniti virus i turned all the action settings to *Ask* now even though it doesn't flag the game for any thing, for now it seems to be working.

• 4 weeks later...

What I have found is that the game continually sends me back to the login screen, never allowing me to enter that first sector, if my resolution is set too high.   1920x1050 fails every time; 1600x900 is fine.   I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.   Hopefully this will help someone else...if you're hitting the "back to login screen" problem, try adjusting your resolution with ebconfig (as admin).

A further note for Win7-64 users...it's not just picking a lower resolution.  I've found that sometimes I get into the back-to-Megan mode, but I can get out of it by using EBConfig to change my resolution to a new setting (as administrator) -- pick one, any one; then run it again and change it back to my preferred setting (again, as administrator).

I've no idea why, but that seems to get me out of the back-to-Megan loop.  This seems to pop up almost every time I get a game-patch.

Well, the resolution settings are stored in the registry, it could be that something is corrupting the setting but its really hard to say unless we could find a way to make it happen.