constant gate crash leading PT in formation

my party leader constantly crashes in formation... happens alot from VT to AP....  i cannot file a ticket in game because that system seems to be down as well..  this has been happening for a week+  any resolution in the works?

I would say get shot of the provider they use for the game.

Find some new Provider.

Lagg is bad.

i am having same issue an it all started last week/weekend it was after a random patch. Cant tell what the patch was cause it was a mystery patch nothing was listed in the patch log. After some forums searching was a post about changing some stuff in network setting as i have no choice but to play on wireless my only option was to uncheck prototype reorder Not only did it not help at all it cause major lag an rubber banding . The only way i have found around the constant gate crashing is to disband group gate my 3 toon's an reform group pita you bet ya but much faster than relogging at Every gate . Now mind you have played this on wireless for about 3 years an have had none of these gate crashing issues . I am no expert but i don't think this gate issue has anything to do with the ISP .

I've not been on in a few days, but the last time I was logged in, my PS kept crashing while gating in formation.  No other toon, just the PS.  I thought this was a bit odd, so decided to try a few things.

1.  Problem PS crashing as group lead on my main pc while dual boxing another client PP and with my pw in formation on a client opened by another computer (lap top sitting next to my PC). 

2.  Changed lead to PP and re-invited everyone.  Gated repeatedly no issues.

3. Dropped group entirely, invites by pw on lap-top.  Gated repeatedly without issues.

4.  Dropped 2nd client from pc (running only lap-top and single PC client).  PW (lap top) as lead, no issues gating.

5.  Switched lead to PS (PC) crashed repeatedly while grouped.

6.  Switched PS to lap-top and PW to PC and had no issues either way with gating multiple times.

7.  Opened up second client again on the PC and rotated all three as lead, no issues gating.

Conclusion:

Being a computer idiot, the only thing that seems to make sense is that somewhere in the files for the PS on my PC something has gone wonky (technical term).  I don't even know where to begin to look for said files, and even if I did, I'd probably do something catastrophic. 

Perhaps there was something related to this situation that has affected the OP as well.

Whatever change was made to "fix" the gate crashes on the last patch does not seem to have been effective.  I am still crashing when grouped and gating 80% of the time.  I went in a tour last night and we had crashes at every gate, which was very unusual previous to the first "Proxy Update".  Since I spend a lot of time running around in groups it is getting silly to even try and do anything other than sit in one sector. 

The last patch did nothing to solve this problem and the problem was definitely introduced by another recent patch. I don't know if the devs were trying to "fix" some un-named exploit or if this was an un-intended consequence but it is unbelievable annoying now.

There isn't a large enough player base for me not to want to run two characters together (dual-screen) most of the time. This is now impossible in any practical way and the lack of a reasonable dev comment of any sort is annoying.

I don't use wireless (wired gigabit LAN with 120Mb internet connection that is rock solid) there have been no changes to my PC (I do manual updates to windows only) or the way I play the game. I've had IP6 disabled for months now and the PC is quad core, 8Gb memory and Nvidia GTX570 display adapter. Which has always been more than capable of running every game that i've tried - never mind a 12 year old game like E&B.

I love the game, just fix this stat!

The gate crashing effect of a complete clear and instant clearing (closing) of the client is exactly like the mechanism the development team had in place for a short time, preventing more than 2 clients to pass through a gate at the same time. This measure was instated to avoid people running multibox tours for xp (mostly aimed at macroers). They reverted this mechanism in favour of a manual gating at every unknown gate. It really seems to me like this mechanism is back, either by design or mistake. I have yet to do intense testing, but a few trial runs gave an idea what is going on (this was done with 4 clients running or more).

In the trials I found that gating seemed unproblematic while travelling asyncronious. A program clearing was almost guaranteed if I gated in form, or with clients close to the gate. This kind of predictable behavior cannot (in my eyes) be explained by some networking that sometimes work and sometimes doesn't. To me it is clear, it is either a bug or by design.  

Not only does it happen a lot, whatever class is leading the group, i get constant crashes when flying as a group and the worst part is the client randomly freezing or stopping when i gate/dock or simply stand in station sometimes. We need a fix on this real soon its making the game really annoying.