Agrippa…Working as intended or epic fail?

OK I have been into the PW portion of these missions for a bit now and the only fighting this warrior has done so far has been a few level 0s in the PW starting area and boredom.  Is it the intent to have the PW beg for ores? Fly to some obscure place to buy orange juice?  I must be missing something???

I was told (thank you nameless player) that eventually the PW will do some fighting in cooper.  I'm not sure the PW at lvl 107 is even able to fight in Nif and or Cooper.  

So what is a PW to do?

1.  If the missions are started can the PW advance to at least his/her 100 HU?

2. If not... can the PW obtain level 150 (more importantly CL 50) with no HUs and still do these missions?

I'm sure I have other questions but up to this point the missions are just not much fun.  I am in game but it seems my PS is doing more Agrippa mission steps than my PW for the PW portion of the Agrippa.  

Does the PS fight?

Does the PP mine?  

Did B eat paint chips as a child?   

The PW can go get lvl150 , providing the PW (or any progen) skips the lvl135 hu (you can do the lvl100hu) till after Agripparghhh is complete. As you point out this will make doing the missions easier but you can get friends to help kill the mobs at any stage of the missions. In fact some missions require you do get help as this is the way of Agripparghhh. Hope this helps , see me in game I have some items related to the missions for you .

My info is correct as far as I know .

Please keep specifically race related discussions in the proper sub-forum.  I have moved this to the proper place.  Feel free to contact me with any questions.  I'm sorry I can't contribute much to discussion about Agrippa more than has already been said before.

As far as my experience goes, I found the front entry into Agrippa (i.e. entering pre-HU135) to be working as intended. I got my embroidered straightjacket and my name is on one of the padded cells at Detention Center Onorom. They let me out, only to ship me to Androzari on good behavior occasionally. I still suffer from Post Agrippa Stress Syndrome (PASS) and am seeing a Doctor of the Call Forward regularly.

The end result for my Sentinel, having done Shields and Devices, is a steadily climbing quality of Tactical Advantage Omega (Beta for my Privateer) and Skirmish Omega. Post HU135, I find that getting that quality upwards towards 200% to be an after-adventure, cyber-intercourse ride on the manufacture terminals. The smoke afterwards happens at the hookah smoke-filled bar on Praetorium Mons, (because nobody goes out there to bother me).

To be fair to the post-HU135 entry into Agrippa (the so-called back door via Kenlz), I /attempted/ to put myself in the point of view of the developer who wrote Agrippa. I found that, as that person, the new Live startup did not go as I intended and the Content of Agrippa post-HU135 to be stunted by forces I could not control. You see, the developer who wrote Agrippa.....did he or she know that there were going to be snags in the storyline progression due to the many issues the Sunrise server has suffered since going Live? No. The developer who wrote Agrippa wrote it purely on a whole timeline scale with the assumption that many new items up-and-coming would soon be available. Some items needed in the "back door" being found only in the not-yet-opened Der Todesengel sector as an example.

Now, rather than run to another developer and ask that the back door mission requirement be changed, myself (your anchor rat) decided to mark the snag and wait. No doubt that those entering Agrippa through the back door to try Shields and Devices (I've not heard of any pilots who are attempting to find the NPCs that Growlz has spoken to about those entries), will feel the same bite as those who've found and suffered "Ammo Fer Kenlz", "Fire Fer Kenlz" and the elusive "Hurl Fer Kenlz". There must be "X Fer Kenlz" out there for Shields and Devices back door entries. This Reporter is willing to wager that there may be items those back door missions will require will also not be available yet. As said above, the developer who wrote Agrippa probably wrote the mission back door with the entirety of the timeline in mind. He or she did not know that upon startup Sunrise server would suffer technical difficulties.

In conclusion, front door Agrippa is, in my book, Working As Intended and it seems to work just fine for all the insanity diagnoses I've endured from Imperator Agrippa and the abusive Architechti. Given the timeline entirety, because we can't have it all right now - right here, I believe that the back door into Agrippa through Kenlz is also working as intended, but suffers from the difficulties of the Sunrise server. <I'm repeating myself. Sorry.>

Pilots, Progen, players, loyal EnB fans. Many of us who came to the Emulator wanted to see much of what we remembered from EA Live. Many of us who came to the Emulator are also eager to see what new stuff the volunteer developer team can dream up. For example: I have, for months now, alluded to Stanig's Progen Funhouse Themepark over the News channel. Embedded within the newsblurbs were prompts for the pilots to read the article For The Republic! and do the mission lines. For months the clues fell upon deaf ears. But then, slowly, pilots started hearing of Cassel's Wither, a Device that de-buffs Impact on targets. When that news got out, everyone who used Impact or had completed Agrippa - Weapons for the Flechette Beta and Omega wanted this beautiful device which stacked with Gravity Link 5, 6, and 7. Suddenly, Cassel's Wither was in demand and pilots wanted to know how to acquire one. This was thanks to the developers giving us something new and not seen way back in EA Live. We merely had to look and stop Raiding/boss-camping/cherry-picking/powerlevelling/etc./ad infinitum/ad nauseam long enough to find the themepark. Look, Ma! New Content!

Even your anchor rat has submitted plot outlines, mini-missions, and sizeable aircraft carriers of suggestions to the Project. Some may see the server, most may not. But it is these ideas that are needed. Your reports, technical and in-game are helping. This is a work of love for the game, even though most of that love is re-directed to lower Wife Aggro and have a Real Life(TM). Keep up the good work, have patience, do what you can to help.

And someday you too will get to wear your own name-embroidered straightjacket and have a permanent home at Detention Center Onorom. Posh.

I am enjoying Agrippa.

Live from Nostrand Vor, this is the Pakkrat.

My only point and feelings on the subject as pakkrat saidis that tthere is an undo able backdoor for stage 1 which I feel the 2 weapons that we cannot obtain currently due to ballistas being in ROC which are unobtainable ATM which makes stage 1 backdoor worthless and the mission is in game under what I assume is the assumption that ROC will be open soon.

But to be honest and I'm sure I'll catch hell from the devas for this remark and get a well let's see you do better answer but let's face it ROC ain't coming for months and months. These days its taking full effort just to keep the servers up for more than 24 hours and running all the time lag free or close. They're constantly fighting lag and unplayable bugs like non stop gate crashing that we would be lucky to see new content 6 months from now I imagine and weekly patch notes get thinner and thinner with the newest content I've seen so far is graphic changes on items and ammo. I'm not talking smack here its just my personal view.

So with that in mind and the desperate hopeless situation myself and others probably feel we are in we should be making use of what content we have to the fullest. And that means making stage 1 backdoor available NOW. And adding the PS non existent backdoors for stage 1 and 2 NOW. I know that makes me seem like a demanding teenager gimme gimme gimme and hurry up about it but it is what it is. From a codwr stand point the stage 1 for pw and pp seems lemme a semi quick fix/change and the PS could probably be done in 2-3 weeks depending on developer time.

I feel like this has all been said before though and it falls on deaf ears. I personally have mostly taken a break from the emulator till I see Agrippa and other changes due to boredom and frustration with Agrippa. I mean if the majority is unhappy with and refers to Agrippa as it will make you suicidal and its agriparrrgghhh!!! That should be a hint IMO :/ and I'm not alone I know a few friends and guildies have quit for similar reasons. I'm sure like me they will return someday but with so many other games releasing soon there's less and less incentive to stick around and be passionate about playing like I use to be these days.

But like I said that's just this pilots opinions and I know many will disagree so in the end its just on me. I'll participate and peek at the forums from time to time and pop in game to see what's new here and there but until server stability is hashed out and Agrippa is changed or new content that's stable and working is added I think itsoff to greener pastures for awhile.

I hohope this game succeeds where others have failed. I wish the team and everyone gl!

Personally, I have an issue with being able to backdoor stage I.

Stage II basics, I don't mind, especially ammo for PWs and PP.  But, there should be some reward for taking the time and expense and effort at level.  Simply getting in after you're big enough, rich enough, and have the sp's enough to do as you wish does nothing to incentivize those at level to do the missions.  Its just a matter of time before the Kenelz missions are well enough known that people will start stockpiling the items needed to quickly blast through content and missions that were designed (in hours and hours of effort) to take some time to do.

Personally, I'd find it very irritating that after all the effort and time and credits I dumped into completing Agrippa at level someone could simply buy this and that and instantly have the same builds and skills that it took me hours and days to acquire.

Just my .02 worth here and certainly no more right that anyone else.

I waited till my PT was 146 overall before I started Agrippa... I halted on my 135 HU and well I didn't just blast through all the missions, but it did make it less of a hassle. Still took me about a week and a half to complete comps, stage 1 weapons, shields, and reactors.

While I see your point muhir and can see where you are coming from I can sympathize and partially agree with what you said. But at the same time many of us feel it shouldn't have has a HU on it to begin with. Forced content rarely makes peopled happy. And I say forced content in the terms that you have to do it before so and so HU or its lost forever (sort of but not really) that's not something we asked for as far as on aware of. And agrilla is expensive and taxing on people especially new players whips first toon is a progen to do and insanely difficult without massive help or alts. So I disagree with you on the part that those who chose to do it as it is via the front door should reap the benefits while those who bypassed it for personal reasons be it noon ignorance cost, confusion, frustration etc be given less for the same thing. It should be open to everyone at the same level. It just adds to market growth and the economy and content happiness for all players and building as a whole.

As far as blowing through the content honestly that's on the player. A game is meant to be played by the gamer at their level of enjoyment. If a hardcore kid enjoys power leveling and blowing his way through content via guides or mass money etc that's on him. Its his game and if that's what gives him pleasure so be it. Everyone enjoys the same stuff in diff ways. I personally could care less about the lore of this game or RP'ing or the fantasy aspect of it. I enjoy just building everything and being the best gear best ships etc... a lot of people will think that's stupid and say what's the point why even play you are missing out on so much as its a lore based game.

Well.... its because that's what I enjoy that's what gives me pleasure. I think people who RP and are for lack of a better word "lore nerds" are just as crazy. But if that what's floats their boat I say go crazy!

But ya in the end I say Agrippa for all. Either adds the backdoors so they are doable now for stage 1 and 2 for all proteins IMO. Or if you want to take the easy road remove all the backdoor mumbo jumbo and add a quest or a substantial retardedly insane cost say 150-200 mil to somehow remove your characters final HU and doing a HU roll back or something so they can complete it once again prior to their 135 HU for those who missed it the first timer for whatever reasons.

Just my 2 cents. :/

While I see your point muhir and can see where you are coming from I can sympathize and partially agree with what you said. But at the same time many of us feel it shouldn't have has a HU on it to begin with. Forced content rarely makes peopled happy. And I say forced content in the terms that you have to do it before so and so HU or its lost forever (sort of but not really) that's not something we asked for as far as on aware of. And agrilla is expensive and taxing on people especially new players whips first toon is a progen to do and insanely difficult without massive help or alts. So I disagree with you on the part that those who chose to do it as it is via the front door should reap the benefits while those who bypassed it for personal reasons be it noon ignorance cost, confusion, frustration etc be given less for the same thing. It should be open to everyone at the same level. It just adds to market growth and the economy and content happiness for all players and building as a whole.

As far as blowing through the content honestly that's on the player. A game is meant to be played by the gamer at their level of enjoyment. If a hardcore kid enjoys power leveling and blowing his way through content via guides or mass money etc that's on him. Its his game and if that's what gives him pleasure so be it. Everyone enjoys the same stuff in diff ways. I personally could care less about the lore of this game or RP'ing or the fantasy aspect of it. I enjoy just building everything and being the best gear best ships etc... a lot of people will think that's stupid and say what's the point why even play you are missing out on so much as its a lore based game.

Well.... its because that's what I enjoy that's what gives me pleasure. I think people who RP and are for lack of a better word "lore nerds" are just as crazy. But if that what's floats their boat I say go crazy!

But ya in the end I say Agrippa for all. Either adds the backdoors so they are doable now for stage 1 and 2 for all proteins IMO. Or if you want to take the easy road remove all the backdoor mumbo jumbo and add a quest or a substantial retardedly insane cost say 150-200 mil to somehow remove your characters final HU and doing a HU roll back or something so they can complete it once again prior to their 135 HU for those who missed it the first timer for whatever reasons.

Just my 2 cents. :/

OMG...after sorting through these "Walls O text" I actually agree with you Knight.  Agrippa is all about forced behavior in this game.  

Forced player participation (if you want the good? stuff), forced cooperation, and forced nose picking in just this particular way...none others will remove that booger.  I have been a very vocal opponent of the Agrippa line ever since it's launch.  Trying to beta test it, letting the Dev know where there were obvious errors in the line...only to be told it was completely tested and there were no errors.  I jumped off topic here, sorry, 

I want to play the game my way, I want it all... I know there are restrictions but these can be done at any level.  A prime example is access to BBW, this can be done at any level as long as you can get your faction high enough with the RD.  

Oops my wall of text added to these.  I have been patiently waiting for the Chevez missions by not killing them wholesale, to gain access to their content all the while missing out on BBW content.  I look at both the Chevez missions and the backdoor to Agrippa as both rumored to be true but if you wait or modify your play style you will be only be saddened or maddened or rage quit not getting this in your time frame.

Conclusion:

Do the Agrippa missions from the start, use and or abuse those that have offered to help.

Kill all Chevez! If these missions ever get in game start a new character.

If you Started the backdoor only to find a dead end... oops! forfeit the mission if you need the space in mission logs or ignore for now.

Job terminals give faction.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever."