Petition to change ISP providers

ISP Vote  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would players like the Devs to consider changing to another ISP?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

I dont know where some state that whenever they complain about something that they get a warning to shut up or they will be banned? Ive never seen anything close to this every contact Ive had with devs or GM's has been positive. They may not be able to grant every request gut have always been helpful and even offer reasons why a particular request might be denied. As far as the population dropping during the summer months this happens on a industry wide case ive seen it from the other side having worked for a major publisher/developer of online games with several big MMO's (which will remain nameless). The first summer this happened management panicked fearing a cut in profits and in a knee jerk reaction fired many employees with customer support taking the largest hits. That fall the numbers turned around and they ended up hiring more staff as the player base returned. People need to remember first off that N7 is a non profit corporation and that everyone volunteers time to make this game possible. Because of that it can take time to implement major changes because from content development, programming, and in game GM support its not like management can order staff to be online at specific times and life happens even for volunteers. Also changes need to be considered carefully looking at long term consequences so it can take time to implement changes. Since N7 does not have an advertising budget one way to increase the player base is to get the word out to everyone. I for one didnt hear about the emulator project until earlier this year and its been out for how many years? If you sometimes hang out in chat rooms or online forums occasionally put the word out that EnB is back and maybe they should give it a try. For those that play frequently be patient and come fall after the kids are back in school and you will see the online numbers climb.

• Upvote 2

I'll try and post winmeter logs when/if the lag hits me, to add to your data. Anything I can do to help to point to a possible solution. :)

-Overt.

PS. Is there a server restart coming today or ???.... Waiting for today's patch along with many people. I imagine you guys are working on something last minute??

Overt:

Sorry I don't know, Zackman generally handles that and contacts me if there's admin problems. I never heard anything so I assume it has probably gone through since your post.

It seems we've veered off the topic a bit, so kindly keep your posts to the main topic of changing ISPs.  We've already heard from Kyp about this, and to make things easier, I'll be creating a thread for players to post their data.

Now, those that seriously are interested in determining if the ISP is to blame, can gather and post the logs.  Kyp can review them and send them in.  But, as he said without any data or proof, threatening to move won't help.  I'll update this post shortly with a link, which will be in the Player Advocate section.

Additionally, please do report any abuse or suspected about of power to Kyp, a GM or myself.  We take such allegations very seriously.