Mission-Interrogation

I got this mission from Var in Tarsis. I am stuck on step 4/7 deliver POW's to Androzari in Menorb. I am unable to dock at this station due to negative faction status with Sharim Traders. Just a heads up in case anyone else starts this.

Edited by Sphinxi

This same situation could exist for any mission that requires you to dock at a station.

I would suggest that the mission is completable -  you just need to repair faction in order to do so. You have the option to forfeit the mission in needed.

No player class starts negative with any other player class - so this could only happen through player action.

Throughout Stanig's Progen Funhouse Themepark, I watched my Red Dragon Faction carefully as I was forced to slaughter many Red Dragon Dai Lo Elites for the Republic. As I was pretty borderline, I became worried that the mission lines would kill my access to Smugglers' Run, (Blackbeard's Wake and Paramis). Looking on the Faction chart at www.net-7.org may help you decide how best to repair the Faction that is tied to that station.

Pilots, consider the mission givers, which Faction they represent, and what they ask of you when deciding to undertake their missions. You will often be rewarded with their Faction at the loss of whatever Faction (if any) of the mobs you had to move against. This is another level of challenge to the social aspect in Earth & Beyond between pilots and NPC mission-givers.

From the cartography department at NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat.

I'm actually repairing my faction by killing Privateer Bounty Hunters, although I have a long way to go. I started at -8800, I'm down to -7200!

My point was if you are negative faction to Sharim, don't start this mission until you fix the problem.

Edited by Sphinxi

• 2 months later...

Made it down to -1700 tonight. I probably spent a week and a half of 6 hour nights fixing this. I didn't play in July at all. I played once or twice in August, and tonight I dropped it by 850ish. It took patience.

5xL8 Mortars, Projectile, Cassels Wither.

• 2 weeks later...

This sharim problem was started by the issue where killing RDs also tanked your Sharim traders faction (the joves fury problem from six months ago)

We did change the factional alignment of Joves and did remove the negative hit from killing RDs to Sharim (at least for now)

Are you telling me that killing Red Dragon mobs is still tanking Sharim faction?  (this change went into effect back in april or may iirc)

If that is the case, it may need investigation further.

You can also raise Sharim Trader faction at the job terminals.  I think it's 40 faction per completed job, regardless of the level of the job.  Since all terminals are FFA, you probably don't have to dock at a Sharim station to get jobs that improve Sharim faction.  This assumes that job terminals don't take your existing factions into account before offering jobs.

The Sharim RD thing was something that was the case in EnB Origins & initially carried over here.  Behind the scenes Shou Tzu was at the very least friends with Ariad.  In EnB Origins prior to the patch Merjan's Missing, Ariad gave missions that rewarded Sharim faction.  Hyperia & Collegia also had NPCs that rewarded reputation with their respective factions upon completion.