Agrippa... not sure what just happened.

So, I just got through what I guess is the portion of State I Agrippa where I had to take a bunch of comps to VT to see how they react to the radiation there.  For one thing, the moment I gated into VT, the mission moved forward through all of the steps that would otherwise occur upon arriving at specific navs.  I never had to actually go to the navs the mission log wanted me to.

In any case, after that I went back to the Architecti.  I apparently screwed up the chat tree and was told to redo the mission.  Only, I can't seem to get the mission back in order to redo it.  In the mission log, that particular mission read "Mission Complete".  I cleared it thinking that maybe then I'd get the Architecti to give it to me again, but no luck.  I'm confused here.

What do I need to do to get this back on track, or have I completed hosed the whole thing?

OK, I'm still confused about what exactly happened with that particular mission, but it does not appear to have been a roadblock.

It seems that I was still able to complete Phase I of both Shields and Devices.  So, on to Stage II now, I suppose.  Wish me luck.

Went back to begin Stage II. I had mistakenly thought that the I needed to be able to build lvl 7 devices and shields in order to begin, but see now that it is actually the Build Skill itself that needs to be lvl 7 (maxed) in order to begin.  No problem, just need to work up the trade XP.

While going through the talk trees with Vasi, Scuti, and Inquiro, though, I came across what might be an issue--with Scuti, in particular.  When I chat with Vasi, she tells me that I need to talk to Inquiro to continue on to Stage II.  When I talk to Scuti, I get the following tree:

Opening:

scuti_chat_opening.png

"Yes"

scuti_chat_three_opportunities.png

Stage I (top):

scuti_chat_stage_i_first_option.png

Stage I (bottom):

scuti_chat_stage_i_second_option.png

I'm not sure why I'm still seeing either of these "Stage I" options since I already completed them both and just finished Stage I - Shields.  At the end, I had received the following:

• Skirmish Shield I (blueprint)
  • Amplector Omega Shield (blueprint)
  • Stage II Invite - Shields (blueprint)
  • Agrippa Technology Expert Creator of Shields card
  • Symbol of Loyalty

In fact, I've even created the Stage II Invite - Shields using the card I received.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Well due to the complex mission line it was intended that the NPC would be able to dynamically view your character and check what you had achieved and then give a correct response that is most relative to what you need to do.  There is a lot of logic involved here by supplying arguments to code modules created for the purpose, and not all of it works the same way. 

For example on the screen shot you viewed, you should never have seen one Stage I, as you have completed Stage I. 

I've done a tweak for the next update based on your screen, but the talk tree may be amended.

Architecti Telum's talk tree is a more modern version.

Architecti Scuti's Default talk tree has been revised today, it should give you a maximum of 3 click - click - click to give a sometime cryptic clue as to what is required.  Sometimes it will just congratulate you on what you did previously!  However, it will tell you if you have yet to complete Stage I, II or III.

Architecti Scuti's Default talk tree has been revised today, it should give you a maximum of 3 click - click - click to give a sometime cryptic clue as to what is required.  Sometimes it will just congratulate you on what you did previously!  However, it will tell you if you have yet to complete Stage I, II or III.

Could we have this in all the Agrippa talk trees as well? Please?

" However, it will tell you if you have yet to complete Stage I, II or III." Ammo/Weapons Talk tree is strange as well.  When you try to exit it pops back into the opening talk tree.

It is planned to be applied as the default talk tree for all 5.

The default is the one that is the "hello do you want to buy something" displayed on all traders if anyone goes and visit.

This will tend to check:

0.  If you are an enemy of the Progen Republic

1.  Correct level of Build Skill to do the missions

2.  If you have completed a research line

2a.  If you have not completed a research line, where in that research line you have got to

2b.  If you were required to interact with another player or another NPC, who is expecting you.

-------------------------------

Mission ones will remain the same.

The reason they are click-click-click-click-click-click in parts is that each click is a logical check against something dynamic and has a chance of going LEFT / RIGHT down a logic tree.  So behind your response on the click is some code that is looking at your character and deciding which talk route to go.  This is why in the code

1: Welcome to hard missions

<What do I do:  =  talk stage 2 as I like you>

<What do I do:  =  talk stage 3 as I don't like you>       

<Goodbye = exit chat> 

2: Well, I can explain this to you

or

3: Go away, I don't like you!

You should only get to see one instance of "What do I do" there so the options you see are

What do I do

Goodbye

but from the talk tree paths that intertwine this gets a lot more dynamic when you have 2^7 possibilities, although some of them return to centre when you go down a route that has both like and hate cancelling out each other.  This is why the first talk tree part, the sorting of the relative like/hate is always at least 7-8 talk clicks

Dynamic.