Need Shield Charge?

I have been working hard to get the Shield Charge mission. Louden only gave me the repeatable kill and trade quests over and over. Not too bad though. The trade mission where you get the O2 Canisters and Terran insignias give awesome XP you can buy 15 of each and to 3 quests pr run for an amazing 15000 TXP and 7500 EXP and a few credits too! After doing this a few times I figured it was time to move on. I traveled around and did all the other skill missions. Checking back with Louden every now and then he would still not give me the Shield Charge mission. He did however repeatedly warm me against talking to Holly. Finally I went to Holly and got a mission from her to kill 10 Scuttle Nymphs. Also repeatable by the way and gived 3500 CXP so not too bad at low levels. After I did that though Louden had the Shield Charge mission for me. At this time my TT is L36 (8/15/13) and the only skills I don't have are Build Engines and Navigate.

BTW: The Build Shield skill is given by an NPC in the Somerled lounge, not in 61 Cygni.

BTW2: Louden wants the L2 ML-X4 Orb Weaver :)

Happy hunting all :lol:

I have been working hard to get the Shield Charge mission. Louden only gave me the repeatable kill and trade quests over and over. Not too bad though. The trade mission where you get the O2 Canisters and Terran insignias give awesome XP you can buy 15 of each and to 3 quests pr run for an amazing 15000 TXP and 7500 EXP and a few credits too! After doing this a few times I figured it was time to move on. I traveled around and did all the other skill missions. Checking back with Louden every now and then he would still not give me the Shield Charge mission. He did however repeatedly warm me against talking to Holly. Finally I went to Holly and got a mission from her to kill 10 Scuttle Nymphs. Also repeatable by the way and gived 3500 CXP so not too bad at low levels. After I did that though Louden had the Shield Charge mission for me. At this time my TT is L36 (8/15/13) and the only skills I don't have are Build Engines and Navigate.

BTW: The Build Shield skill is given by an NPC in the Somerled lounge, not in 61 Cygni.

BTW2: Louden wants the L2 ML-X4 Orb Weaver :lol:

Happy hunting all :lol:

Who gave you the trade mission? I haven't seen that one.

still can't get shield charging, had no trouble at all getting shield recharge from him tho

Have you learned all skills possible? If so maybe there is a hidden level requirement or something. GMs and DEVs seem passive on this issue so I am going to assume its working as intended.

Have you learned all skills possible? If so maybe there is a hidden level requirement or something. GMs and DEVs seem passive on this issue so I am going to assume its working as intended.

yes i've gotten the rest of my skills other then build engine, and navigate

Well the DEVs announced in game that the issue was known and they are working on it, but that means if you do the repeatable missions and check back on Louden now and again it might suddenly work. Worst case scenario you get lots of trade XP. Good luck :lol:

BTW2: Louden wants the L2 ML-X4 Orb Weaver :)

Happy hunting all :)

I did all of this, have done all of the repeatables, etc. There must be some trick to this, because the douche still won't give me shield charge. MAy you need to complete Holly's mission, and then not get it again from her? Having all 3 open at the same time doesn't get you shield charge.

I have everything else but befriend and navigate, OL41.

• Upvote 1

Ok first off big thanks to Ortega for helpping me work through this.

I am not sure what part exactly de bugged the quest but here is what I did.

Make sure you have over 20,000 credits when you start this (will need over 27,000 to finish whole chain)

1.Talk to Louden, get both quests.

2.Talk to louden again learn about Holly being crooked

3.Go kill ships

4.Go to earth pick up o2 canisters only not terran insigna.

5.Go back to Louden hand in kill quest

6.talk to louden again, should now be promtp for quest to give him 20k

7.talk to loden again, now he wants the terran insigna

8.Go to ES pick up terran insigna and L2 Orb weaver ML to save time

9.go back to louden hand in o2 and insigna quest

10.talk to louden again, now he should take your 20,000 credits

11.talk to louden again he will ask for orb weaver

12.talk to louden again hand orb weaver, get skill.

I think it debugs randomly. Some report that they finally got it and all the stories are different. I say just skip it for now. Shield Charge isnt that useful at low levels ... or you can keep trying and hope Louden will give the quest eventually

Just did it 5 minutes ago, finally got Shield Recharge. Also, Kenu said tonight that the next patch should fix the mission, so if you don't feel like messing with the workaround just wait a few days. Hopefully. Anyway, here's the steps I took...

1. Get the drone and Insig/Canister missions from Louden.

2. Run to earth and grab the O2 Canisters

3. Talk to Louden again, select the 2nd dialog option ("What's there to do around here?" or something like that) and he'll warn you about Holly.

4. Talk to Holly but don't select any dialog options, just X out of her convo.

5. Talk to Louden again, he should give you the 1st step of the Shield Charging mission now.

6. Go back to Earth, get the insignias and the Orb Weaver ML

7. Back to Louden, this time he'll take the 20k creds.

8. Talk to him one more time, and he'll take the ML and give you the skill.

The important part no one was mentioning here was the part about Xing out of Holly's convo, which is what worked for me.

• Upvote 1

Just did it 5 minutes ago, finally got Shield Recharge. Also, Kenu said tonight that the next patch should fix the mission, so if you don't feel like messing with the workaround just wait a few days. Hopefully. Anyway, here's the steps I took...

3. Talk to Louden again, select the 2nd dialog option ("What's there to do around here?" or something like that) and he'll warn you about Holly.

5. Talk to Louden again, he should give you the 1st step of the Shield Charging mission now.

The important part no one was mentioning here was the part about Xing out of Holly's convo, which is what worked for me.

Just got it on my tt as well. (so i have all tt skills now)

I think the key here really is the whole "x out of holly's convo" bit.

I talked to holly, x'd out, got the shield charge mission, THEN he gave me the holly warning. I also had the canisters mission in my log too. (and yes, have 20k and L2 orb weaver in your hold ot make it faster)

thanks, it worked. w00t!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok this is how the Shield Charging Miision goes.

1.) first get kill Relentless drones mission

2.) then talk to louden again get the Supplies Needed mission

3.) then talk to louden again about holly

4.) then talk to holly But do not hit respose hit x close out box

5.) then talk to Louden again you will get Reconfiguration of Shields Mission

6.) then kill 7 Relentless drones then go to earth station pick up 5 - O2 canisters

7.) then return to louden

8.) turn in Relentless drone mission

9.) then talk to louden again about the Supplies Mission choose 2nd option then finish it out.

10.) now go to earth station pick up 5- Terran Rank Insignia's

11.) then return to louden talk to him about Supplies Mission

12.) then talk to louden again about Reconfiguration of Shields Mission and hes going to have you pay 20k to him

13.) now he sends you to earth station again for 1-Orb Weaver ML-X4 Missle Launchers

14.) then return to Louden to finish the Mission

15.) Congradulations you just Completed the Shield Charging Mission

Hope this makes it easier for you to complete Mission GOOD LUCK.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also having trouble getting this skill. However, my issue seems to be that i haven't done Holly's quest yet, in fact she won't even give me one!

When i try to talk to her, my only options are "I'm going to have a look around" which ends the conversation, and "Why don't you show me around", which leads to her trying to take my coins. At which point my options are "Hey! Stop trying to take my coins" and "I don't like you". Both of which end the conversation.

Am i simply not a high enough level and/or not upto that point in Holly's "chain"? Or is there something else not working?

Okay, i've never done a quest for Holly, but i just got Shield Charge :( All it took was.....OL20!!!

As soon as i was OL20, i went to earth to get Hull Patch. I got 3 loads of insignias and O2 Canisters while i was there. I went back to Louden to hand in my Insignias and Canisters, not even thinking about the Shield Charge skill.

I talked to him, and handed in the mission. I talked to him again to pick it up and hand it in again and he said something along the lines of "Hey, i have two things to talk to you about, which will it be?" My options were something like "Supply Line" or "Shield charging" . Naturally i squealed with excitement and clicked the shield charging! Fortunately i had over 20k on me and i (for some unknown reason) had the launcher in my fault already!!

Woo for shield charging!