Black Mesa: Source

Due to the unplayable lag we are currently experiencing because of that blasted two-bit ISP; I found myself scratching around for stuff to keep me entertained until normal service is resumed. It was during this time that I stumbled upon this website http://www.blackmesasource.com

It is a complete re-make of the original Half Life using the source engine and is entirely fan made!

I set about downloading it instantly as it's completely free and I have now played up to the test chamber disaster and I'm thoroughly impressed so far! Although not available directly through Steam yet they are completely endorsing it and recognise the very high quality of the work.

Hopefully this will help some of the rest of you get through these dark and uncertain times!

[attachment=2627:bm2.jpg]

The screenshot was taken in game @ Max detail 4xMSAA 8xAF (1280x720 Resolution)

Already played that.

Highly polished mod and interesting.

Its lacking the final entrance to the alien world but other than that its pretty complete in content

3.1 gigs at 420 kbs is taking forever, not to mention my pc went to sleep when I walked away for a few and had to start all over :(

PS: make sure you have never sleep in power options before you start downloading..............

MWO is good, but I much prefer MechWarrior Tactics, as I was always a huge fan of the TT game.

For another site that offers me hours and hours of nostalgia, I always troll GOG (good old games). Nothing like playing the original Police Quest :)

Rez if you have been unsuccessful so far there is a torrent available to download the installer, md5 and .z7ip archive all together and there's like over 1000 seeds. I found it on Kickasstorrents just search Black Mesa. I got the game in about 15-20 mins @ 2.1mb/s

Rez if you have been unsuccessful so far there is a torrent available to download the installer, md5 and .z7ip archive all together and there's like over 1000 seeds. I found it on Kickasstorrents just search Black Mesa. I got the game in about 15-20 mins @ 2.1mb/s

Took me 2 1/2 hours to download but finaly got it, installed it to \Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\BMS that the instructions say and that dint work, installed it again in \programfiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\BMS, the default path and got it running, by the way you need Steam to play the game for those that had problems.

Now for the good part, after playing a few minutes I realized I had done this game in the past, dont rem when but old age sucks, getting soft in the head lol.......

Well *technically* most of us have played it in the past when Half Life first came out :P

That's pretty sucky though Rez, you'll have to start writing these things down hehe