Cassel's Wither

I've spoken to Theodoric Cassel and received a few missions from him, but nothing that seems to lead to getting the mission for this device. Any advice on how to get it started?

Do the mission tree from Deschide Poarta (the non repeatable one) also available are missions for other items off Zieg / Canis and Constantantius , if you complete all of these missions to the reward point (shield/engine/device/pl ) it opens a mission tree from Var on Tarisis which in turn give you the access to Tangs Vigor and Alacrity mission :)

Deschide = Cassel's Wither (device)

Constantantius = Vinda's Fortuity (engine)

Zieg = Vars' Indignation (shield)

Canis = Dog's Fang (pl)

Edited by Prrekoorb

I'm in the midst of all but Canis' mission arc with my PE.  Unfortunately, it seems the missions have rather quickly surpassed my current CL--being sent, for example, to kill a few CL35 RDs.  I tried, and managed to get one down to hull before having my hull dug into, but my hull would have crumpled before his.  Much like Brave Sir Robin, when danger reared its ugly head I bravely turned my tail and fled.  It appears I'm able to get at least a little farther along in Constantinus' arc, so there's that at least.

I suppose I should spend some time getting my PE into balance; I just find combat, especially combat grinding, so damn boring.

I and many others would be happy to help you next time you get in to deep , just shout in game . I needed help on my PW when i did those missions and actualy got to use those items , unlike when i did it on a 150+ PP and it was fun but never got to use the items so they are gathering dust in vault (non trade) .

Just finishing up her questline and well on my way to the Wither. Does the Wither stack with the debuff from Skirmish omega? Has anyone tested the damage on the target dummies in Jup to see?

The items rewarded in these missions I think need to be adjusted a little. Seeing as they are non manu the buffs in my opinion should be scaled up some. To make it almost on par with the equivalent manu item at its level at 200%.

Edited by Sleven.

On the Bait and Switch Mission now. I am supposed to travel the main nav paths in Muspelheim until I get ambush, but ive been all over the sector multiple times and nothing is happening. What am I supposed to do?

Edit: must have been bugged. I reclogged and it worked when I stopped at one of the navs. Or maybe I actually had to stop on them and not just fly through them.

Edited by Talonz

You have to warp into the navs to trigger the mission, just like when you do Combat job missions.  When I did the mission, I did the free warps, and of course no RDs show up.  I warped into the navs the second time, and triggered the spawn of 3 lv35 RDs against my CL20 PP (a trader and Agrippa candidate, so low CL).  It goes without saying that I was forced to warp out to avoid asking for a JS, and when I came back with more fire power, the spawn was gone.  I was forced to forfeit the mission.  Dunno if I can repeat it, but will find out soon.

While we're on the topic of Stanig's Progen Funhouse Themepark, I believe in an interview with him, I learned a couple of things. One, I've noticed that once a toon finishes the mission lines all the way up to and completing Gratis Augustis Var's missions, he or she is beyond using the systems except Cassel's Wither. I used that device all the way up to Shield Tech IX, where I switched to the Skirmish Omega from Agrippa Technologies (and Pakkrat Industries, <- shameless plug). Two, in this discovery, I find that Stanig may have meant for a group of midlevel toons to work together to complete the themepark so that all could use the systms rather than over-grow the need for them. With that, I would suggest that if you begin the mission lines I intro'd in my article For The Republic!, do so with a few other toons and without that OL150 kill-joy that will topple the story with too much deux ex machina.

Stanig meant that themepark to be story Content, over and above What Do I Get Out Of This? I think that the mission lines would be better enjoyed in a group of near-level, on par, and well-planned mix of classes.

This Bud's for Imperator Agrippa and this is the Pakkrat.

I finished Cassel's Wither, but I found a lv 41 along with 2 lv 35's. IIRC it was at nav Muspelheim 3. Still, not hard for a CL 40 to handle. Now I can be a real Progen and use impact to pound my enemies into space dust.

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get through Zieg's arc and get the shield. I believe I still need a few more CLs before I can take on the current stages of the other two arcs I'm in the middle of (Investigating the Pirate Gates and The Missing Shipment).

I'll get there eventually.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...