Flechette Omega

Does anyone else but me think that the Flechette Omega could benefit from a change in aesthetics? Obviously with models being thin on the ground I am not much bothered by it having the same 3d/2d model as the Claw of the Dragon, my issue lies within the rounds that it fires, you all know the small thin lines of ammo that flow out of it, seemingly like a constant beam at high turbo - a most unimpressive display considering how great the buffs are, and the effort required to manufacture/possess the item.. which leads me to the audible effect of it firing the "whooshy - pew pew pew" sound I'm sure most of you are familiar with. It just doesn't strike as a very intimidating weapon in any way, when in fact it is a vastly superior launcher!

Are there not more suitable/fitting rounds/sound effects for this mighty weapon?

Well i have seen an utterly cool looking effect on a pretty low lvl drone in BBW.

They shoot at you it first looks like a stream of grey smoke.. but then it starts to like glow and the hole effect is like shooting comets.

I wished many times i could have guns looking like that when i fire em..  so just a though..   make thoes little drones pew pew  pew and give there uber cool fire effect to the Omega :)

Johnsilver

Well my ithoughts were that it is called the flechette, I figured it'd would be something similar to the flechette weapon from star wars, or similarly the flak cannon from Unreal Tournament. Like a super shotgun essentially. The rounds that the tengu-plagues fire at you would be a good match in terms of how the ammo could look as they fire those streaks of particles at you, maybe with the audio effect of the dark matter cannon? As I recall the dark matter cannon rounds sounded like nuclear bombs going off with each volley, and was easily my favourite SFX of the game only bested by the Defenders Pride high pitched beam effect, the same sound synonymous with a Vrix attack lol.

Would this be that difficult to achieve?

Not that this really matters, but if you've ever used real life flechette rounds you wouldn't be too impressed with the sound, but at close range, the damage is impressive, even devastating.