Vendor Rank Labeling

I know I am blonde but I really find this idea as a great idea.   Can we do a little art work on the vendor counters and label their level so I/we don't have to wander from counter to counter looking for the item level that we need?  I would think that it would be that simple.   I would love to have your feedback.

:)

Edited by Lovelygirl

That may be in the works, but pretty low down the list...

Back in Live you had to open chat, open to the actual buy/sell page and actually LOOK at the items to see what level they are.

When I was a Dev I began to put in the opening chat what level of stuff they sold  i.e. "Howdy, get the finest Level 4 components available right here!"

Thank god it caught on  ;)

Not to belabor the point, but since the colored banners are interchangeable, could there not be a roman numeral emblazoned on the brown banner at a comp vendor?  Then the station editors choices would then be red, green/trade, grey, green/Gem, and brown I to IX or blank.  Pirate vendors with multilevel wares could remain blank

Or a defiling of the name over the head, adding a Arabic number? i.e. "Ota Denbe 2"

The latter is surely achievable, although not esthetic (Kyp, at one time, mentioned this is not likely to happen) and the former would seem to be possible, but the effort required may be a bit much.

As a builder I have the vendors in Joves, F7, OMP and Somerled memorized so I run right to the vendor level I need.  Non-builders surely do the hunt and peck on a regular basis.

Or should we just be happy with what we got, not having to actually go into the vendors wares to see the items level, since there are many more pressing matters needing attention?  :)

The Client assigns the Vendors to the rooms we specify.

There are 6 Booth Types. We tell the client via our Tools which Vendor type it will be.

However, because of the limitations of our access to the source code, we cannot currently change individual station assets.

IE: The Weapons vendor uses 1 asset for all 9 booth levels. We could change the appearance of this booth universally, but cannot assign 9 seperate ones.

I worked extensively with the Coders trying to make headway on this. We never made much progress.

Magoo also created some very nice example assets for us to try and assign. Wouldn't work.

It's also fairly low priority.

• Upvote 1

Until (if?) they can fix this, one thing that helps me out is having the Sector map open (enbmaps.de) on a second monitor. The map info box lists what the vendors are and what their names are, so i can easily match names to levels without having to open chat.

Ok if for the reasons listed above cannot be done because of access to source code how about the naming convention of the vendors themselves?  How about, for an example, Gwyn Love 4 to specify her item level that she sells?  

@ Darkk  Thanks for the update, I was aware there was some effort in that direction, and it is appreciated :D  Our limitations with the client are well known and understood.  Kyp mentioned, in forum, that a number after the name is possible, but inelegant and likely will not be done and I agree.  It is jarring and counter-immersive in a Role playing sense.  And also way, way down the list of Things To Do.

@ Talonz  I always have that resource open when playing, that is a great Idea!

@ Lovelygirl That is a great forum picture!  If it is of you I can see you are Blonde, just like me!!  ;)   I often need to find other ways to make the game easier, as well as repetition (often a LOT of repetition) to learn new things.  The best of luck in your journey, and keep on playing :)

The easiest way I can think off is to place the booths in order, lets say F7, has 5,6,7 comps,  from left to right as you go in, so first booth is lvl 5, second lvl 6, third is lvl 7. :P

This was my exact thought on this as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little dissapointed in finding this out after I made the new vendor flags and model assets in november last year..

I was so hoping the sdevs could crack this one but alas..

I was a little dissapointed in finding this out after I made the new vendor flags and model assets in november last year..

I was so hoping the sdevs could crack this one but alas..

How hard would it be to add a (L1-9) at the end of a vendor name?

• 1 month later...

Thanks Tootall, the opening statement of the vendor has been more than enough info to go on.

Once you use a vendor numerous times, it gets pretty automatic which ones you go for, at least at most used stations that builders use. ;)