PW Plasma vs Chemical

I like doing damage. Lots and lots of damage. Which is one of the reasons I made a PW. I'm currently using plasma rounds as they are very versatile. Sometimes I bring my JE with and have her Debuff plasma, but recently as soon as she debuffs the mobs switch to attack her no matter how much damage I'm putting into them. So I wanted to figure out the optimal set up for putting out maximum damage. Progens can use the Basilisk line of devices which weaken chemical, and most of our ammo can be manufactured in the chemical variety as well. Basically, these are what I see as the three main contenders for best load out:

Option A: Plasma. Everyone uses plasma, its versatile, but PWs can't debuff.

Option B: Chemical. Level 8 Basilisk (Debuff Chemical) device might make this combo optimal depending on the damage numbers

Option C: Impact. Coupled with the Level 5+ Gravity Link and an additional debuffer like the Skirmish 9 shield, it could be devestating

I was wondering if anyone actually crunched the numbers. Is it worth it to bring a Basilisk to debuff and use chemical? Or does plasma do the most damage? Or should i go with impact + grav link? We also have to factor in our limited device slots, and wonder if it's worth the extra space to bring a debuff device if using Chemical? Or would that be better served with something like an Ivory Ward or other device?

Finally, I realize the answer may be different when hunting organics vs mechanicals. For instance, I assume (but have not tested) that plasma works best on Tengu due to no hulls and that chemical is not a good choice for Tengu. But what about Impact for tengu? Has anyone run the numbers there?

So, to all you master progen damage dealers out there, please leave some feedback or some insight. Thanks!

Edited by Talonz

I normally go Plasma for bio mobs and Chem for mechanical mobs with hulls.

For Plasma and explosive, I use a JE for debuff.  As long as the PW/TE deals a lot of damage, the mob would concentrate on the PW instead of the JE.  Of course it happened more than once that the TE was too far from the mob, and the result was a dead JE!!!! :-)

I have not used impact that much.  Also note that some high level mobs are highly resistant to plasma or chem, in which case debuffers are a must, IMHO.

Real Progen use Impact. :)

Correct!

Impact with Skirmish is the way to go if you want to max your dps as a PW. Skrimish stacks with grav link 7 btw, not with grav link 5. The second choice is chemical since PW's can debuff it themselves. Plasma, while it may have been a good choice in old Live, should only be used if you have someone who can supply a high level debuff for you. Any PW running plasma without a debuffer needs to have a big cup of coffee, wake up and learn to play your class. ;)

Dealing damage in emu Live is all about debuffing. Choose whichever ammo you have the strongest debuff for.

Edited by Basileus

As a Progen player of a Sentinel and a Privateer, I run with a combination of Impact (with Cassel's Wither device or Skirmish Omega shield as the debuffer), Plasma, and Chemical (using the VIII or IX Basilisk device as the debuffer). This mix covers many foes and their deflects. Though my role as a Sentinel and Privateer is slightly different than a Progen Warrior, your mileage may vary.

From the tactics lab at Arx Magister, this is the Pakkrat.

Correct!

Impact with Skirmish is the way to go if you want to max your dps as a PW. Skrimish stacks with grav link 7 btw, not with grav link 5. The second choice is chemical since PW's can debuff it themselves. Plasma, while it may have been a good choice in old Live, should only be used if you have someone who can supply a high level debuff for you. Any PW running plasma without a debuffer needs to have a big cup of coffee, wake up and learn to play your class. ;)

Dealing damage in emu Live is all about debuffing. Choose whichever ammo you have the strongest debuff for.

Thanks for the info. Skirmish + Impact does look pretty good. I think I'll try that route, as I went with Plasma on live and I want to switch it up a bit anyway.

Edited by Talonz

• 2 weeks later...

Pakkrat, I tried looking up some info on Cassel's Wither, but couldnt find anything other than it's entry in the database. I assume I pick up the mission from Theodric Cassel on Arx Tiberius. But do you have any other info: like what level i have to be? And is it even obtainable by a PW? Thanks.

So as to not spoil the fun, here's a suggestion. Look in to my article titled For The Republic! in the Headlines news or the Progen News for details on Stanig's Progen Funhouse Themepark (as I call it.) The Device is level VII and debuffs impact. An alternative route to debuffing impact is the Skirmish Omega shield. The device may not come directly from Theodric Cassel as it has been some time since I completed that leg of the themepark.

Tomorrow's news today, this is the Pakkrat

I had the damndest time finding the article, because none of them had titles. Then i realized the titles were white on a white background and would show up if you mouse-selected them. Hah.

Can you share the links?  I have a hard time finding the thread Pakkrat mentioned. 

[EDIT] OK now I know what was talked about.  I abandoned the mission after my PP got ambushed by 3 RDs in Muspelheim.  I had to forfeit the mission, since a single PP at CL28 is no match for 3 lv35 RDs, and you have to warp into the nav point to trigger the mission spawn.