ATT everyone having gate/ctd issues - TSO settings

Thank you for responding so quickly Zackman, the 54110 (wsmlb) appears everytime i gate, it's puzzling.

Well at least the problem is consistent :-| ; I placed my Ip-address in the DMZ on my router and tried again 6-7 times times in a row but only managed to gate once.

I'm gonna start logging continuously to figure out the difference (in packets) between a faulty gate and a succesful one.

Not sure what all those netsocketports mean, i'm not using a proxy;  i'll post my results here, i appreciate your interest in this problem sir, thank you!

Kind regards,

LukeSky.

Yes i can , problem is i'm sharing this LAN with 3 game-crazed kids, mine! :D , will take some effort to get them all off - lol

I managed to capture a succesful gate and an unsuccesful, this time i manually made a filter so both source/dest dest/source are visible (i managed to **w that up in the earlier snapshot, sorry).

If you are using wireshark i can send you the 2 capture logs - the main diff (that i see) between the two is that in the unsuccesful one i see references (after the gate attempt) to a destination port galileo ??!?  wsmlb (port) packets are abundantly present...and all directed to the enb game server....weird .

Snapshots below -  IMG-ENB-GATE-OK = succesful gate, IMG-ENB-GATE-NOK = unsuccesful gate

compare packet 556 in IMG-ENB-GATE-OK with packet 41 in IMG-ENB-GATE-NOK (dest:sun-as-iiops-ca)

[attachment=2688:IMG-ENB-GATE-OK.PNG]

[attachment=2689:IMG-ENB-GATE-NOK.PNG]

Getting another router in place, thank you for your time and interest.

Kind regards,

LukeSky.

PS interesting note - while capturing (wireshark) i kept an eye on the applications ports with TCPView , whenever my PC sends a wsmlb packet to the enb game server i'm not seeing it on TCPView....

Looks like your router is "translating" the source port to known service names, therefore these source-port-names.

To me it looks like your client/network setup is not recognizing the port change when handing off to a new sector - i see that there are still packets send on the "old" sector port tho you are in a new sector already.

There are packets on the new port and also on the old port when handing off - so that's the problem here.

What basically happens (server/client) is, that the server tells the client (via proxy) to switch the UDP port to the new sector port (info comes to the client via server).

Somehow the local proxy is not doing the switching which is mostly caused by network/NAT setups.

The server UDP packet on the new port arrives at your firewall and the firewall does not know how/where to route it (to).

So the client is talking on a diff. port while the server doesn't get the ACK from the client on the new port - which leads to a timeout and a final connection kill.

Ok, tried it with another router (same type tho), I let the other err..users :lol: remain on the main router while i connected from my main switch to this backup router.

On first try i got 3 successful gates (yay !) and then it failed again. After restart the first gate was unsuccesful again.

One thing i can try is using another PC (on the assumption its my win7 somehow) or my alternate boot-OS (winxp - i know ;-p ) and install everything there.

I'll be testing this tomorrow, bit depri but not enough to remember to thank you Zack for all your help in this regard, i owe you , not just a beer but more like a 10-year old scotch - lol  .

I'll keep you informed of any progress here; if another OS + install does not solve the issue i may 'lend' a router at work on monday ^_^ and test again monday night.

Thank you sir, with kind regards ,

LukeSky.

Hello,

yes Rolo that one is off already see below :)

[attachment=2690:IMG-SYS-ADV-REMOTE.PNG]

So it is 100% sure then (like you mentionned earlier Zack) that this response from my PC to the enb game server (wsmlb port) does not belong there ?

If this is so i'm gonna pursue this avenue further and start looking at all the processes and services (windows proc & serv only and start from there).

Still its weird tho, i logged in with one of my other accounts yesterdag evening, mined some and managed to gate 4-5 times without problems and then it started to foul up again, and after restart it immediately fouled up again....

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys - cheers :lol:

Kind regards,

LukeSky.

ah all right i'll check it out. I do not use a remote control on my pc nor can't remember to have installed software/drivers for such a thing, i'll scrutinize every process & service, i believe thats the best way of getiing to the bottom of this - lol.

Cheers for following up on this Rolo :)

with kind regards,

LukeSky.

update: i have exactly the same problem on another PC (wsmlb packets and all) where i installed the game from scratch so basically this would mean its router or ISP ...?...

The thing is i'm playing other MMo's and so are my kids and we have no problems there whatsoever...is this server Europe-based ?

I'm gonna test this game from another ISP the following week if possible, i'll keep this thread updated ^_^

kind regards,

LukeSky.

Not exactly sure what's wrong. I've tried everything suggested in here but I'm unable to get through the gate to Zwei and then on the way back to Earth I got stuck again. I've tried a dozen times or more so I'm gonna quit playing for tonight and see if I have better luck tomorrow. These gating issues I keep running into make my TT an almost unplayable character. Love the game though!

Was able to gate into Zwei using another computer. Once through the gate I logged back onto my main computer and got stuck at loading screen... so something on my main computer is preventing me from doing anything with that zone. Not sure why. =(

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I just reinstalled and was experiencing this issue on three computers (two desktops and a laptop, all Win7-64, and all on a wire). Disabling the three checksums and unchecking IPV6 from my network adapter properties did the trick for me. I didn't need to mess with my router. I ended up playing for hours without any gating issues, which I is probably better than I've ever experienced on retail. I figured I'd mention it since most of the replies in this thread have been from those still experiencing issues.

Great job on the emu guys. This game is still a favorite of mine.

I disabled the checksums and couldn't get jobs in terminals, tried 4 different terminals so I was sure it wasn't due to anything changing when I changed sectors, rechecked the checksums and jobs worked.

Been having a lot of discos from 2:30 pm GMT + 9 till 11:30 pm GMT + 9 for approx. 3 weeks now, the server reset the other day was a treat no lag or discos until the following night

I was able to log in yesterday and today I am now crashing with megan and I tried everything I know that worked previously but nothing is working.

anyone have any suggestions or should I wait for the update tomorrow if there will be one.

thank you.  :)

• 1 month later...

Hello Net7,

I am trying to play ENB since last 2 weeks or so but i have the same problems like a couple of other players.

Pretty much everytime when i try to gate or dock, the game freezes at the galaxy map.

The game seems to be loading on and on and on but nothing happens.

My ingame friend tells me that i am still in the group but not outside of station or gate, so it doesnt appear to be a disconnect.

Before writing this message i allready tried all of the listed things in this forum up to the settings of the MTU

Today i even pulled out my old laptop to see if the game runs there but after beeing lucky for 2 jumps the game got stuck again.

HAving to login and force shut down 10x per evening makes the game pretty unplayable for me.

Are there anymore suggestions i could try?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

ps, just an little list of the things i tried.

Checking and unchecking the options in Net7 launcher, no difference

changing multiple videosettings, no difference with this problem

Using a hard line directly to the modem instead of wifi to my router, no difference

Setting up my networkcard correctly with the whole MTU thingy, no difference

uninstalling and reinstalling the game on my main pc, no difference

installing on my laptop, no difference

I would love to shoot to shoot some tengus or Voltois again with my friends like the old days but at this rate it just aint gonna happen

greetz Chetao

I can only repeat: Revisit your router and network settings. Gating issues are 100% network problems. I can assure this since i know what happens from the UDP/packet side within the client proxy.

There is no general solution since it is based on many setup scenarios; Some player got rifd of all problems changing their routers, others had luck following some guides here (IP6, UDP/TCPoffload settings), others had success changing from (bad) WiFI to cable, others needed to change settings on their desktop SPI settings (stateful packet inspection) etc etc etc ...

So there is no general cure - just in a global term: "Network settings".

We will have a change in 2014 regarding the server's underlying network mechanism, hopefully eliminating the problems.

I have 2 boxes, both are wireless to the router.(have no choice on wireless option)  Laptop works like a charm.  Rarely drops, gates for hours and doesnt have issues.  The desktop on the other hand, I can gate sometimes for like 10 gates and it crashes...other times, it crashes on same gate, or the next 3 in a row and then goes back into a 10 gates or so before  a crash.  The "packets" are checked on both boxes.  I have tried one without the other and both at the same time and that does not seem to matter.  So, at least I know that the network works, at least for the laptop.  Anything I need to look at for the desktop specifically, or just deal with it? Another thing is, as long as I dont gate/dock on the desktop, I can play for hours with no issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this problem relates to what is happening with my toons when I try to enter/leave the Akeron's Gate Sector.  If I try to enter, the game crashes.  If I get in, I get locked up.  If I do get to a gate to leave, when I click to leave, the game locks up.  What I am seeing, it that there is a problem with the AG Sector.  Did I miss something in the reports for the latest update? :wacko:

I am having the same gateing and docking issues for what its worth

we just got verizons wireless 4g LTE BRV package and since then I have had issues.

Was running virginmobilePRO95 internet at xmas missions didnt have any problems.

considering I have taken a quantum leap in speed maybe it has ot do with the issue at hand.

again for what its worth.

• 8 months later...

I dunno, I was gone for a year, pretty much since I moved from the US to Perú. Since I installed the game and logged in last week, I've managed to make a single trade run from Fenris to Nostrand Vor Planet. Less than half my gates were successful. Now, I can't login at all. It just stays stuck at the map screen.  :(

I'm running Win 7x64 Pro on an HP ProBook 4540s, and I'm connected directly to the modem/router by ethernet cable (the same setup as last year). I've tried all the suggestions, to no avail. Very sad I can't play.