Locking items...

Any chance of locking items in place I'm the inventory or vault to prevent accidental selling (I know there's a box but I also know a lot of people shift click these days and who hasn't done this at least once?).

Also with many items, GOOD items sharing the same graphic with like dozens of other crap or mediocre items in the game it can get confusing sometimes when buffing and sorting etc. Its just an idea I had and would be curious if anyone shares my view or if you disagree. If you disagree please say why if you could. I don't want anything fancy just a check mark type option in the corner of an item/graphic to lock it in place etc to manage items better and prevent accidental selling as well.

Didn't I reply to this once?

We cannot change the client - so client side item locking is a non-starter. 

The graphics team is doing a great job of adding additional models (i.e. parrot feather), or color to existing models (i.e. Rada) to add visual distinction. This will continue and will hopefully help with the core problem of accidentally vendoring/spacing valuable items. 

I seem to remember someone mentioning changing the border color (am I remembering this correctly?)

If so, could you make it so the player could chose to mark (maybe with a GOLD border) special items.  This might be enough to keep from accidentally selling "special" items.

Its hard for me to know what is considered a client side change and what isn't when making suggestions etc. Of you Gave me some examples or guide lines elrick it might help me know what type of things can and can't be done as I'm not a programmer/coder..

changing how you interact with the client, ie, adding client features, adding client functions etc.
these are all not doable currently.
so if we wanted to add another click event for locking items, it wouldn't be possible.

• 5 weeks later...