Nostrand vor planet

i have been doing the traderuns between fenris and nostrand vor planet recently and 8 out of 10 times i have to relog upon landing on that planet

if i trust to the station the docking icon wont lit up and when i hit spacebar to line it up again i am back at the gate

so is there something wrong with that sector?

Edited by duvel

Duvel,

this posting and your "other" bug report is indicating some serious network problems - cause this is all originating from packet drops/scrambled packets.

You should run a network diagnostic and try to figure out where the problem/bottleneck is.

Some usual suspects:

WiFI Router

Every mechanism protecting from DDOS attacks (packet fragmentation protection)

Windows Firewall

Parallel running UDP applications like Skype, TS etc.

Thing is, your computer is missing packets - but i cant tell you why/where.

then a lot of us is " missing packet's "  What ever happend it was right after the last patch . i keeped quiet on this because i know these bugs will be reported .

But this " standard reply " its YOUR computer or internet and is never our server is pure ............  . I know you devs are working your hindends off .  Debug the last patch and i bet you will find error's .

thank you

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I had the same problem just now going to Dahin Planet.

Hit the planet and I could fly around, but no creatures or anything, and the station button was grayed out.

Logged out and back in, and then I got Explorer XP when I hit the NAV's for the first time, and the station button was clickable, but it did nothing when I clicked on it.

Tried to logout, but it just kept saying it was logging out, so I killed Net7proxy and logged back in.  When I did that it put me on the station.

testing it further because i only have this issue on this planet only

additional info:

when i land there i target the station and hit spacebar then i trust forward when i line up with the station 

but when my ship wont line up i have to relog even after waiting for several minutes

also if i goto a border or a nav then hitting spacebar jumps me back to the gate

i logged another toon in to check my TT's position while he was in the sector but could not see him or find him 

My TT could not detect any mobs at the gate while my other toon could see them just at the gate

so i guess i am between layers of navs and mobs

i guess ill have to test on a better or higher operating system 

running XP sp3 without any other apps running and with cable(no wifi router)

next time i see a gm or dev ingame ill have him/her look it my position when i have the issue again

Edited by duvel

I get the same thing on every planet since last patch. Can't do anything except fly around, not even quit the game (have to terminate client from windows). Figured it was something that was obvious and would be fixed so I've just avoided planets altogether in the meantime...

I've never had network problems before and it only happens after I click "prototype reorder" as instructed by the patch notes.

ok tested this aswell with prototype reorder marked and not

with it marked: 4 out of 5 landings went wrong ->>could not line up using spacebar on the station nor did i see mobs

without the prototype reorder marked: 5 out of 5 landings went well

Edited by duvel

Had similar issues jumping into NV today. Only NV so far. Once you jump in. CTD and get the litty error popup saying proxy cant log into sector.

Also had the un populated incident after jumping down to Grissom Planet. Jumped in and the navs & graphics were there but no NPC, No Roids. :D

I'm having the same problems on NV, also Inverness planet seems to be affected. If you want i can get you a Wireshark packet capture of the process later. There seems to be a desynchronisation between the client and the server. Even though you can move, your position on the server does not seem to change. I.e. you can move as far away from the gate as you want, but you can still gate out no matter the apparent distance. Normally,  and despite the occasional fragmentation, i'd assume that one of the controll comand packets reaches the server eventually, but it doesn't seem to be the case here. We seem to be running solely on the cache that Net7 proxy provides to us.

Edited by Agfot

Happens to me aswell on planets (and countless others judging from ingame chat). I can reach the gate from any distance and many times there are no mobs on the planet. Since this has happened to so many just after the last patch I find it utterly hard to belive that the problem is on our end.

I'm still having issues after gating to planets with Reorder Prototype box clicked, even after yesterdays patch. As soon as I uncheck Reorder Prototype however, I don't have any problems at all. I figured they would have fixed it with the group gating issue fix, but apparently not.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading these post's , Prototype Reorder 'tick'  'un-ticked' , there does not seem to be any one fix . Btw i get this problem on all planets and have since two patches ago , and yes i use WIFI (i know its  a swear word ) .