TT support with some build skills?

Hi,

Besides building shields and components, I want to use my TT as support. In this regard I'm thinking of maxing Shield recharge, Shield charge and hull patch (not sure about the befriend skill). Leaving negotiate at 5 (since last 2 lvl's only boost mission pay/bonus),  navigate 3 (for now), Shield lvl 9, reactor/engine/device lvl 8.

This leaves me With 2 Sp's left which i tend to save waiting for future Sp's to be earned as I fill cl/el/tl after hitting 150, maybe increasing navigate when i have enough.

Is this a viable "build"? Are the 3 support skills mentioned the ones ppl expect a TT to bring to a raid? I know other classes/races can hull patch too.

You definitely want to make sure you've maxed Recharge Shields, Hull Patch, and Shield Charging if you want to use a TT in a raid.  Players more experienced with the TT than me, could elaborate further.  TT will be the primary healer since they're the only class that has both Recharge Shields & Hull Patch.  PT and JT have Recharge Shields but not hull patch, Scout has Hull Patch but not Recharge Shields. 

Since the TT is an ammo using class, I would say you should raise your build weapon skill so you can make your own ammo.  If you have an alt that can already build ammo for your TT, or intend to make one, then you can always make it on the other toon, and use the vault transfer on the N7 Portal to get it to your TT.

Thanks for feedback Terrell. Seems that those 3 support skills are the ones to get then. Got ammo/weapons covered on my TE :)  Didn't want to make a build only TT that I bring out on sunny days and otherwise is planted in front of a terminal somewhere.

I haven't played a TT since live, but what I do remember is that L9 Engines is a definite bonus for them as you can get some with excellent passives.

I'll have to go through the Database again and see what engines there are, but I do definitely recall there being some rather useful ones for a TT.

EDIT: Okay, yeah. Its the Intent for the Resolute. Not too sure if its in game, but it has a huge boost to reactor regen with Shunt to Reactor (-23.0 regen shields for +23.0 regen to reactor) but also has a +45% boost to shield regen which should more than make up for the loss.

Edited by Torren

Yeah, that engine sure looks Nice. I might have to aim for engine 9 then and prob reduce on navigate. Still a long way to go before my TT will hit 150, but good to know where I have to save my Sp's while growing up :)

For any class with the Navigate skill, you want to head over to KV and get a Navigation Computer from the Veil Trader, or get someone to build you one.  It comes in L4 and L7, and is a good device for TT, Scout, and JE when you're wearing your travel gear.

Umm got to disabuse you of one incorrect assumption, negotiate 6 & 7 do more than "just increase mission pay/bonus". The decrease in cost continues in everything as well, TT get vendor comps cheaper than anyone else with nego 7, they get cheaper terminal costs as well, they do indeed get a bonus in mission xp and trade xp from trade runs. Let me give you a base line here: with a reward of 100k credits for a mission, you as a TT will get a additional 19k credits with negotiate 7. That can add up real fast.

The credits can stack up real quick, especially if you are grouped, if you are running from Antares to trade in all those bio drops from the voltoi, your group mates are definitely going to want to trade the parts to you to have you trade them to the vendor, that translates to millions of credits difference between negotiate 5 and negotiate 7.

When I bought  a stack of L5 vendor comps, the difference between negotiate 5 and negotiate 7 cost was around 500k credits, that too adds up real fast. When my PP (nego 5) uses a terminal, and my TT builds the same item (nego 7) the terminal costs are significantly different, when building those 6 comp L9 uber items, the cost difference is HUGE between nego 5 and nego 7.

I don't know if they have gotten around to making nego 7 and nego 5 grouping dynamics different, but they should at some point do so, the TT group trade buff nets you more credits per kill for mobs that drop credits on death, eventually nego 7 should net more in a group on a kill than 5.

As a supporter, I would suggest you lag the shield charge after the other things, yes and extra cap on a shield is nice, but not vital since you are going to be recharging their shields. Remember as the game currently sits, they don't have the shield charge rate working during combat, so adding a extra 25% to their shield charge rate doesn't really help them in combat, only during down time between bouts, if you are along you can fill their shields.

Of course if you are planning to be the sole TT along in a raid setting like the FB, then yes max the shield charge skill, since the tank is going to need the extra 20% cap on their shield and a 5% resist isn't undesirable also, but that's the only setting that shield charge becomes vital.

Edited by Mattsacre
  • Upvote 1

I agree with Matt 100% on the merit of Negociate vs Shield Charge.  I would max my TT's Negociate first before anything, as money is very important for Terran (because of the huge ammo cost).

Thx for feedback Matt. Allthough i'm hoping that i don't have to buy a stack of vendor comps as I hope to build those :) , I Guess I have to rethink if I should max negotiate first and reduce Shield charge abit.

If i reduce Device Tech to 7, I will only be one sp short of Shield charge 6 at OL 150. 

Aiming for loot drop, rather than missions, to be a Source of Income. But as you mention, negotiate 6/7 also affect the Money i will get from selling loot to vendors, and I might also have to do missions for faction, or just pick them up for the extra Money before heading out.

Note, you get more trade xp from all trade xp sources with nego 7. So if you are going drops for cash, you are going to get more xp for those trade-ins as well.

You will need vendor comps to build ammo, while the high end ammo uses a comp or 2 that are PMed only, most of the ammo has 1 or more vendor comps, most folks don't save the ores that build vendor comps, just the PMed ones. That and you are going to get carpel tunnel syndrome on one hand just making the PMed comps, most don't want to risk carpel tunnel in the other wrist making the vendor gettable ones, a TT is going to purchase those vendor comp much more cheaply and with a single click rather than 240 clicks. :)

Negotiate quite simply has so much subtle positive enhancements to a TT's game play, you just can't pass it up. If you have an alt that is going to build you ammo..you can stall that for SP, device L8 for soloing and the RR side buffs is super duper.

• Upvote 1

My TE will build all weapons and ammo for my TT. If leaving negotiate at 6, Shield charge at 5 and can up my Device to L8 With 3 Sp's to spare at OL 150.

My JE and PS will take care of any ores needed. JE will also build reactors, while Components prob on PS. I have a TS too, but 3 miners is just too much for now...

I do love to explore and popping whatever mob comes in my way, finding stuff out there that I can analyze and then being able to build it, regardless of whether or not I or anyone else needs it :)

My thought was to to for the entire Production cycle of ores to comps to weapons/ammo/Shields and whatever. But, With the amount of Components that you can actually build, It would be very hard to keep track of what is needed.

Weapons x needs Component a, b and c, what ores does it require to build them and then where to find the ores. But I like the idea that if I find something out there I can analyze Down to the ores, gather it all and then put it back together.

Guess I should limit what I keep track of With regard to Components to those I would use the most. I'm old after all :)

A JT can do reactor building for less money than the JE, since she has the Negotiate skill, while the JE does not.  JE; however, is currently a better all around character, IMO, than the JT.   JT is not without her usefulness, but equipment specific to her needs to be introduced over time, to improve her viability, and her support usefulness.  If you want to cover all the builds, and don't have a PT yet, you might want to make one in time.  PT can make all those Jenquai Restricted reactors that can be manufactured, and is the only class that can do so.  You might also want a mule character or two to store ores used in components, for building items other than ammo.  For ammo all should be superior regardless of whether you use vendor or PM comps, though not all ammo comps are vendor available.  PM comps matter more in builds of equipment other than ammo, as it affects build quality, though isn't the only factor in determining build quality.

If you box a lot, a TS is essential, IMHO, as group leader.  The afterburner & Scan skill are a must, since you have to do everything by yourself.  Also the Null-Factor shield is a valuable tool when you have to fight in Gravity fields.

A JT will be good for RAID with your guild, but if you box and fight alone with your own group, since you have TE & TT already, be aware that the JT cannot contribute DPS-wise in a kite formation using missiles, and you already have a healer in the TT.  A TS would serve you better.

As Terrans, kiting is your race advantage.  Kiting in the EMU works differently than in Old Live because mobs in the EMU are generally faster, much faster than in Old Live.  In old Live, you can probably kite most lv 50  Voltois in Antares with a lv4 Solar Sail - and facing the mob to boot -, but in the EMU, you either have to use higher level engines (and thus have less SPs for other skills), or rely on the TS as formation leader to provide the extra speed necessary to kite a high level mob.

If you plan to use your PW as  your DPS dealer, then yes, you don't need a TS at all, since you will be facing your target most of the time.

Last but not least, if you want to do Agrippa, you have to have a PP (Privateer), or know someone that have one.

TE was my main in Old Live, With my TT tagging along if I was on my own and felt i needed some extra utility and of course some extra cargo Space. Will prob Level those two up first since I like the missile/kiting type of game play and those were my two favorite classes. With this I will feel that i've covered the missile path for a while.

Also loved my JE, not just for the WH ability (everyone needs a taxi), but because I find it relaxing flying from asteroid to asteroid gathering ores like a bee collecting nextar :D No stress or a plan to it whatsoever, just fly around. Then a JD for the up front and personal Battle experience.

Didn't play much progen in Old Live, so will try the PW just for the different style of play Battle. Allthough a PW can also kite, it just seems wrong :). Will try a PS too for a different experience when collecting those ores. A JE is just too fast to Catch, while a PS just shrugs it off and gets back to "smelling the flowers"...

I have tried the TS though, and will prob also try the JT and PE(?) sometime Down the road. But, all in due time :)

Just saw that I didn't comment on the speed of mobs in EMU, but I too have noticed they are fast. If i don't have my TT With me I try not to take on mobs that will give me trouble if they get too Close. Moving forward is an option as you say, tossing missiles over my shoulder as I go.

Edited by Honkytonk