A suggestion to spice things up a bit

Why not allow classes to max their secondary weapon to nine? We could get some variation in play style happening. It would be cool to see a PL using Jennie, a missile-using Proggie, or a Terran beamer tossing some variety into the mix at all levels. It could be a mission to gain top level in the skill. I would even write out the whole mission for a class if given the chance (I would somehow make the time).

Why not allow classes to max their secondary weapon to nine? We could get some variation in play style happening. It would be cool to see a PL using Jennie, a missile-using Proggie, or a Terran beamer tossing some variety into the mix at all levels. It could be a mission to gain top level in the skill. I would even write out the whole mission for a class if given the chance (I would somehow make the time).

I doubt that the developers will allow that, but I do think it would be nice if each race were to give it's secondary & tertiary weapons a bit more support in terms of item buffs.

From the Jenquai perspective, there are very few items that can be used to buff PL range, and as far as I know none of them can be manufactured by a player.   Probably the best ones, usable by a Jenquai, are the Heart of the Dark One reactor, and the 5th Vector reactor.   I've never seen the 5th Vector outside of the database, and the HoDO likely drops in the fishbowl.  (It dropped there in E&B Origins, and I had an 85% quality one.)   The Slime & Ichor cannons are probably the most common item to buff PL range that's usable on a Jenquai ship.  Those cannons; however, can only fire chemical ammo, so their usefulness is somewhat limited, for a Jenquai. 

The Model X, Y, and Z shields are usable by all, however, the JE & JT cannot use Missiles, only the JW can.  Jenquai MLs; however, tend to have terrible DPS.  There are some pretty good L8 PLs that are Jenquai usable like the Ninja's Shuriken & Ninja's Tetsu-Bishi San when made to 200% quality with PM ammo.

Ya that would be the biggest hurdle for this idea. The first being lack of items taylored for the classes they weren't originally intended for. Re changing and itemization of current items and also skills. Combat cloak only works with beams etc. While doable it would be an enormous project undertaking.

If support for secondary weapons were to come into the game, it could always be done gradually over time.   The trick is to have it on items that aren't ultra rare.  Buffs to range, handling, on moderately common items, while buffs to turbo and other damage enhance buffs are harder to come by.

I recently found a couple of AAs that my JE can use.  One that gives an equip PL turbo buff, as well as enhanced damage, another than gives an activated turbo weapons buff.  If those work the way I think they do, I could get 60% turbo on PLs if I had the skill raised.  Needless to say I have no intention of selling them, ever, and will put them to use in the future as soon as I have enough overdings.

[url=http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Terrell_072/media/ScreenShot33_zps5913f7b6.jpg.html]ScreenShot33_zps5913f7b6.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Terrell_072/media/ScreenShot32_zpsb85def22.jpg.html]ScreenShot32_zpsb85def22.jpg[/URL]

Now all I'd need is a PL range buff and some overdings.  Need to reach L150 first though.

Hey Terrell,
The best I could come up with for My JD using all PLs was this setup using the Test ship app on Net-7 portal.

The 1 "AA" device made the difference. "aa Gahkur ys ne" L8

All L8 Testu-Bishi Pls

Defender Doumoru

Heart Of the Dark one

Plagues bite

AWCS

Chimeara's L9

Black Speed L8

[attachment=2598:PL Phor1.JPG]