My list of suggestions

I have limited time so I will be adding and editing this as I go. These are MY OWN suggestions and do not represent the community. Please stay on topic and offer respectful criticism if commenting what you do/do not like. Forgive typos or auto fails I'm typing this from my phone.

Some of these ideas will be undo able due to the client, take to long to do, or be plain BAD ideas. That's fine. I'm just trying to improve the game any way I can if the majority likes one or any ideas. If not no harm no foul. Ideas to implement my suggestions would be accepted also.

Wormhole:
- stay formed while using a wormhole in a group
- add a weft location in ragnarok
- add a weft location to BBW or Paramis
(Option 2: add a quest that gives a device that returns ONLY you to paramis/bbw once per 1-4 hours per toon per day) *think hearth stone from wow*

Prototypes:
- add a single non game breaking buff to each item for example engines turn rate, weapons weapon damage control etc.
- make ALL prototype items analyzable/ build able. These items even at 125% serve virtually no purpose as a 200% PM item is always better and more. The one exception maybe being a level 9 proto shield for cap. They either need buffs or to be build able but not both IMO.

Drop Date:

- better drop rate on contained voltoi essence
- better drop rate on plague bite
- better drop rate on both the 7&8 slime shield in VG
*Maybe 5-10% for all?*

Raids:

- add a raid UI window allowing you see the shield hulls and names of each group in a raid to help cross heal and buff. Nothing fancy at first just something working. So if people die, crash, or dc you can adjust accordingly.
- add feature to consolidate groups (up to 4 max) into a working mass raid group as mentioned above.

Guilds:

- better guild bank system allowing all guild members to view/access it with the correct guild ranks in game. Maybe via an NPC.
- this may be reaching but a player or guild based achievement system offering tiny non game breaking bonuses as you achieve and unlock more items/objectives.

Net 7:

- allow a way preferably in game or if not on the net 7 site to consolidate ALL toons vaults onto one master vault type bank page. A way to see every item from every toons vault at once.
- add a search box when looking at toon vaults to find items quicker.

Crafting:

- add a typable search box at the build terminal to find items quicker.
- add a color code feature on all manufacturable items in the game. Items you already know green. Items you don't know but can learn blue, and items you don't know but can't learn red due to racial restrictions or it being non manufacturable. Only the icons border would be color coded not to annoy people.
- add more custom RD only recipes and builds with appropriate components to support them. *only rd positive players could learn and build these recipes and only as long as they keep positive rd faction.
- add one master craft item to each race. A master craft item would be a unique racial item that only that race could create and only for their own race. It would be an item mostly for looks bit with great allure to players.
An example being a defenders domouru type stat shield for jenqui that gives the added bonus of a skull shield type skull glow and look around the shield but it can be whatever animation/glow you want. Something that looks bad ass but isn't OP. Make it a giant quest chain like Agrippa or something requiring mass multiple builds and/or components.
- add MUCH more exp gain towards level 9 200% per build and remove the ability to gain exp by building say 3000 level 2 beams. (You all know what I'm talking about) and adding some sort of tracker to the game to let us see what our % are at total would be nice. Vs just continuously checking the build % of a level 9 item.

- allow the creation of multiple ammo item components at once (similar to the refining terminal method of creation) If I have enough ores for a stack of archos components let me build a stack of a particular component at once vs clicking the button 240 times then another 240 times for a different component. This is brutal on the hands to make ammo for one toon with one ammo type let alone multiple toons with MULTIPLE different ammo types. I often find myself buying vendor more than I make PM ammo due to this factor alone.

Quests:

- add a quest to create pets or companions. Maybe hunt a mob for an egg then take it somewhere to hatch with required materials or prerequisites. Add a command to turn it on/off on stations. Have it auto follow the player on the station or in space (that doable?)
- add a Chavez and RD job terminal one for level bracket 50,75,105, 135, and hopefully 150 someday. Let it give
Half exp and half faction gain and 0 credits (unless you want to). Make the faction gain SIZABLE so its a logical alternative to shield inverting 10,000 lowbie Chavez at once. Also frees up hunting grounds for lowbies.
- add 1-2 more faction chain npc's (like sun tzu on OMP) one for rd and maybe 2-3 for chavez?

Agrippa:
-please for the love of GOD simplify agrippa. These quests are more confusing than calculus and down right suck and are a chore and a burden to do. I'm not asking for it to be easy mode. Just make it more clear and understandable what to do and who to see. When people describe agrippa to me i am met with replies like "gay" "lame" "id rather watch paint dry or pull my hairs out 1 by 1 etc" and that's almost everyone i talk to. Its just not fun.I know its optional but we WANT to do it. Atm its just more trouble than its worth for most due to confusion.
- please please PLEASE!!!! Remove hull upgrade restrictions for Agrippa. If you have already disregard. If not then please do. Everyone and I think I speak for mostly everyone hates being forced to do content now or they can't do it later. Especially long tedious confusing content. I may be wrong about this but its my understanding if you haven't done the content by 150 you are S.O.L. I'd like to be able to go do ALL the Agrippa content that I can per class freely anytime I want.

Skills:

- remove or modify the TT skill befriend. Instead of making it a cast able thing make it passive like navigate. Make it so each level reduces aggro gained by 5% from healing only. For a max of what 35% less aggro from healing? This would make a otherwise useless skill useful again allow a TT to heal better in raids and not get one or two shot and still stay true to the lore of the skill befriend. Either make it healing aggro reduction or just aggro reduction from all sources.
- modify hacking to land more often. I've tested it and as a 150 TE land 59% or less on a level 4 drone ship. At max level as a master hacker i should be flooding this dudes ship with spam from adult sites and car dealerships and spyware software ads blah blah not getting "error 404 not found" while hacking. It needs to work MORE on mobs significantly lower the same way a master crafter shouldn't be seeing 160% on a level 4 item at level 9 building etc.
- IMO environmental shield should add +10 resistances across the board as environmental suits or shields etc generally offer some form of protection against elements.
- bio suppression should get a minor buff to hit landing as posted above for hacking.
- group stealth bugs a lot and shows some ships cloaked and others not cloaked and its confusing I see this a lot when rally is on also (will submit bug report)

Credit sinks:

- credit sinks in this name feel badly needed to stabilize the economy. When a big Mac costs me 5 mil there's a problem there. Consider adding faction faction based repeatable quests where you can do say 3 quests a day per NPC to get a unique account tradable token coin (like the progen tokens). Then have a faction vendor who takes the coins in order to unlock the purchase of a certain item. Say you want a pirate flag/skull decal unlock for your ship that's 300 coins to unlock it for your account then you pay 5 mil for the decal per toon. This is the first loose idea I came up with but no doubt the community will have better ideas.

That's all I have for now like I said I will update and edit this with time. If you players have suggestions also pm me or post them and I will add them if they are good or a vast amount of you feel the same way. Until then cheers.

Tl:DR. Devs can we change stuff to the game cause we all know coding is easy and can be done in 2 min k thx bai. /sarcasm off

Edited by Knight05

A weft location in BBW would likely not work, since it would allow JEs access to BBW even if their faction should forbid access, but the one in Swooping Eagle isn't far away, just two gates.  Paramis is a bit further, since the closest one is Endriago, but still there's the problem of people without faction being able to access areas that are supposed to be faction restricted.

There was a device in E&B Origins that the PE and JE could use that took you to Grand Ol' Homestead in der Todesengel called the Tail Tucker.  It was one of the 3 devices a PE or JE could choose upon completion of Lyle McDonald's mission chain.  Was a great mission, and I'd love to see it used as a template for future missions.  So it should be possible to make devices to transport individuals to specific locations.   It's something that would have to be sparing though, as not to undermine the role of the JE.

Prototypes, don't know there.  I could see, potentially each weapon getting a single common buff, depending on the race most likely to use it, but the devs may need to then put race or profession restrictions on said beam, ML, or PL.  I think that the Prototype shields are fine as is, and I've used them some.  The L8 one, IIRC, is better cap wise than the Veiled Oyoroi, that the JE gets, which has a cap of 43029, but has some pretty good mining friendly buffs on it.  (Reactor Capacity, Prospect, Scan, Improved Cloaking).  Engines & reactors, hadn't really thought they needed change.

For the JE & Scout who don't get L9 shields, the prototype shield would be situational, since they both get L8 class specific shields with buffs for mining.   The PE can get a similar buff on his reactor, by using the Vulture reactor.  The Scout would pair his shield up with a Harpy, while the other 2 explorers would use a Harpy until they can get a Loony's Special Gizmoblatsit.  The PE might use the L9 version if they don't have a CFB.  They're good; however, when you're smaller.

The slime shields, I could see that depending on the current drop rate, and if either the Barrier of Ooze or Barrier of Slime Eight are still used as components in raid activating devices.  The BoS8 is a good shield, especially for Jenquai and the Terran Scout, until something better can be obtained.

Guild ranks, might be nice if people in NCO equivalent ranks could recruit.  Can Admirals or Founders change rank based permissions at this time?

On the crafting thing, I agree that there should be some recipes that are only obtainable to people under specific circumstances.  I've usually gone with the idea of some recipes dropping as disks, where the disks have race/class restrictions on who can use them, or the alternative idea of some quests that reward exclusive prints, but who can take them is restricted by class.  Adding the idea of restricting the mission, with a print reward, based on faction sounds doable.   Restricting some missions based on a character's gender could also potentially be done.  (Gloria Whitley on Mercury Station can tell if your character is male or female when you do the L30 Jenquai promotion bonus mission, so it's at least a possibility.  Her dialogue is much more "friendly" if your character is male, but not so much if your character is female.  No effect on the overall mission either way)  When it comes to building; however, I'd only put such restrictions on maybe 5% of the buildable items in the game.  Said items would be solid and desirable items, very few would be awesome.  I doubt that a recipe, once learned, could be taken away based on faction.   It could; however, be like the Gaze of Amah, where you need BBW access to get one of the necessary parts.  You'd have to go yourself, or convince someone who can to do so on your behalf.

On quests, I agree.  More and varied quests is a good thing as it's more content.    Some quests could be for all, but generally, IMO, quests should be tailored to the profession expected to do them.

How to reply all? 

Most of the stuff here screms as "screw the balance and gimme win button", so don't expect any WH points, Prototype changes etc.

Agreed with quests, fixes for some skills and clearing Aggripa but other stuff requires UI change which is impossible due to no-client code and EA conduct.

Meh that's your opionion and you are entitled to have one. As I've had mine. I clearly listed above most ideas would be undo able or not great. They were my opionions and mine alone. That being said I know if this was someone else's thread and I was going to comment on it I would actually express why its a bad idea or possible ways to improve on it if any vs taking the lazy route and posting with "another person looking for an I win button" even though those are not the exact words used. Otherwise I'm not sure why you bothered posting at all unless it was just to agree with one or two points and take shots at the rest. The poster above gave positive critisicm even though he disagreed with several things I posted, you did not IMO. But it is what it is. Thanks for what feedback you did give if you with to elaborate on the I win button and balance part feel free all I ask is do so politely please.
  • Upvote 2

Let me say right up front, the day they add pets or "companion" items is the day I'm out of here. Plain and simple, that sort of stuff in other MMO only breeds idiocy and we have more than enough of our quotient of that already! :)

k to other points: Not OP stuff for content like Agrippa, then what would be the point of doing content like Agrippa? The whole point of going through that ulcer inducing, much convoluted, resource sink is to get the uber reward at the end! If the rewards aren't game changing, then it's merely fluff content that's going to only rarely be accessed, why waste dev resources when other stuff needs presidence?

WH stuff: since its a 7 tier skill, unless the client can support adding a 9 tier skill set it can't be a skill based system, item driven would be nice especially as rewards for things like MCP or HtM, but as Terrell points out, it needs to not be areas that are unaccessable from play start, no back door cheats to BBW/Paramis/Moto/DT etc.

Prototypes: the DigiApogee proto stuff came in within the last 9 months or so, it was always assumed that there was an eventual storyline explaination for them and possible content mission wise to possible research etc. It would be "end game" content, it would have to come in no earlier than V'rix and ardus. Other than that, yeh it would be nice to learn just what is DigiApogee (it's some infinicorp plot btw) and the eventual incorporation into recipe builds etc. would be nice, there in perhaps your idea of a side buff could be added.

Drop rates: this is, has been, and always will be a bone of contention on fan base, some think (those that haven't got it yet) that the rates should increase, other think some stuff should be rarer (almost always those that have it and want to keep others from it, or to control access to it in some way or another [like big 3 "own" raids]. Some things like you have mentioned CVE are deliberately a choke point item to later content like waking nightmare, while I disagree with this stratagem, it is what it is deliberately by devs, personally like I said I dislike that and would boost the drop a bit also like 15%. Hey maybe they can reintroduce that "lucky" coin in Old Live (tm) that increased drop rate of uniques by 10% or something!

For this very reason that people thing this that or the other is having a drop rate frelled, me and others asked for a drop frequency counter to be added to the "does it drop" portion of the DB, still think it would be a nice function actually, it's not giving any location or anything, just confirming that it has dropped within a 24 hr or something period, or at least when it last did, then at least we can see we aren't whistling in the wind trying to get it.

+1 total sign on RD and Chavez MISSION (not quest, this ain't wow, there are no fairies or orcs here :)) terminals, and a few more content npc missions that aren't arc driven, introduce that much hinted about Chavez content.

Agrippa crap: That was a CDevs idea of fun, it's his baby and nobody is allowed to touch it, yes it's convoluted crap that you have to wade through to a eventual moderately uber gear. And it's been EXTENSIVELY been bitched about on the HU thing..like I said, it's a CDevs stuff and TB won't let anyone touch it. BTW you can (thanks to a near revolt of players and GM's) actually do the stuff after 135 if you missed some sorry silly step going through it and got a lock out on some HU. You have to see that lounge vendor in arx magister to buy a gold token to get that access, be forewarned, those tokens ain't cheap and neither is the content you are working back through, while the Agrippa was a resource/credit/time sink before, it's even more sinky after 135 via the token.

Hack and all that you mentioned: +1 sign on mobs under your level, of course it should be more difficult against mobs over your level, this isn't just a hack/bio problem, a significant amount of skills have a meager to near useless hit rate: enrage and menace are just a couple others that have a insane amount of miss as well. It is my understanding that they are attempting to add player group dynamics by making psi debuffers etc. suppress the miss rate on mobs, will have to see the report on if that is actually true and if its WAI.

Until they can lock down the agro dynamics the TT getting befriend to go passive isn't going to work either, since every heal washes any agro count going on by attacker, it being passive would be instantly be washed as well on heal hit. Until they can actually have agro build over time and have it stick, a heal will always reset agro target, befriend or not. Try it for yourself and see, unless a tank has a mob under enrage/taunt effect at the time of heal, the mob will always switch target even if the tank had the mob to 10% health, what use would a escape agro mechanic be if it washs any prior gained agro?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a shake agro dynamic to be built into healer classes, it would encourage them to get deeper into their role, either to spend SP on it like a TT or to fit for it with the other healers, but until they can fix the agro counter to incorporate a accumulated agro counter, none of that will work for a healer.

The enviroshield, it needs to NOT add 10% resists, for what it is it works great, and at upper levels actually does return a bit of dmg to mobs and charges reactor, to add a additional 10% resists on top of that overshadows other classes bubbles, the PS repulsor shield don't add any environmental resistance, but it does return dmg enough to make it worth buffing, the TT supercharge adds some resistance and adds cap/recharge, if you are going to add resistance of +10% to the JE shield then you are going to have to retool the other class bubbles to rebalance it.

Crafting: almost all you suggest is client side and not doable, I agree much of it would be really nice, I'm afraid it falls into the "wish list" file. God do I ever (and I bet everyone else) for a multi build button, what a dream it would be to build ammo comps in multiples!
They are just now adding color coding to loot items to help differentiate between things at a glance, so far its been well received. Not knowing how it's coded however, I'm doubtful that they can code for color and buildability, the game has multi data checks and item checks already for each toon on every zone load, I don't image if it was doable they would want to go back and have additional checks ea zone to add buildabilty data, I could be wrong, but that sounds monumental even if it's doable. I've always liked the idea that the more difficult the item is to build the more "build xp" should be gained, that if someone wanted to build 5k of a L2 beam to get there its doable....but if you wanted to build 4k of L4 beams or 3k of L7 etc. that too is a valid route. Jeez would a build xp meter be a god send, to see on your character sheet just how good you could build this that or the other would be sweet, but that's a client side thing for sure, that build xp thing wasn't even in live, so no graphic would exist. Don't know if it could be something that could show on your character sheet on the net-7 page though...would that be doable? Not a coder can't answer that one.

The unlock items via tokens idea: you aren't to far off on that, the MCP and HtM content had that incorporated into that, good to great rewards, some just window dressing, some actual functions, some even uber in nature, with ever increasing effort needed to earn the tokens to get the upper end gear. If you never got to do that stuff in Old Live (tm) , I'm thinking you will be pleasantly surprised if and when they reinsert that content, that's why old timers like I and Terrell and many others keep posting for it's inclusion, but like I opened this post, if they add companions to the formerly great HtM/MCP, they can count one less player! :)

pretty good post for off the cuff knight, I love peoples ideas and the kick around they get on a forum setting, weather they are wish list, client restricted, doable, or off the wall. ideas are always welcome in my book, how else will the next great thing get made unless someone first said "what if?" Edited by Mattsacre
  • Upvote 1

Excellent post Matt and very informative indeed. You shed light on a great deal I did not knpw about. I also agree an idea even a bad one isn't something to be shunmed but heard. Often it takes 100 bad ideas to get to a good one and creativity and questions are what make games better. I think a lot of players just get worried by default that if things change it will always be for the worse (like how many felt after the terminal xp nerf). And I had a good laugh at the Warcraft reference for missions/ quests old habits die hard (sorry!) :P

All In all good post and thank you for the feedback.
  • Upvote 1

The HtM, MCP, and Lyle's mission chains were great content, and I'm looking forward to when the storyline permits their addition.   These missions could be used as a basis for designing new missions unique to the emulator, in addition to those original missions.   Said missions & projects would be done to meet the needs of different factions from the original missions & projects, rewards would be different, ore requirements would be different, and there could be new refines that didn't exist before.    Combat would mostly be as needed against orefield guardians, but specific drops comparable to derfresser phlegm, or other low to mid level mobs may be needed in some of the new refines.

• Upvote 1

Many nice ones. I support any that make the mechanics of gameplay easier. About prototypes, I had a somewhat similar thought, only instead of them being actually manufacturable, I thought you could just be able to break them down for a chance of a non-manufacturable part usable in the same type, but higher level of PM equipment (ex. a L5 proto engine might yield a cyclo power binder or something).

Mainly it's just a way to avoid vendoring prototypes that aren't of high enough quality to keep around. Kind of ruins the "specialness" of finding one when it sucks and you vendor it to get back the vault space :) 

Correct me if I am wrong but.. In EA Live wasn't there a chance of a pop rock or pop hulk spawning a mob that would stay with you and actually fight with you until you gated?  I may have confused this with another game. but I do seem to remember something like that one and only one time way back when. 

Correct me if I am wrong but.. In EA Live wasn't there a chance of a pop rock or pop hulk spawning a mob that would stay with you and actually fight with you until you gated?  I may have confused this with another game. but I do seem to remember something like that one and only one time way back when. 

No, the only mobs I ever saw as pop-rock mobs were hostile.  I have seen factioned mobs, particularly Sharim ships attack enemies that were attacking me, I had very good Sharim faction on my JE.

very good ideas and suggestions.

unfourtunately Matt  the digiapogee prototypes were infact in original live, i remember them well because they had a 50% chance of  malfunctioning  while being used.

i.e the proto PL  perk was to have high count ammo stacks but the gun jammed and stopped firing for 5-10 shots and in doing so it dropped its structure %, the proto beam had insanely long range and high damage but  long refire rate and of course failed to fire in the same % sense of the PL and in doing so caused structure %, the ML was high ammo stacks and high damage but the range was horrible and of course jammed like the others causing strucure damage % as well.  the structure loss on these prototype weapons were not aquired in huge chunks all at once mind you IIRC they were in 1-2% increments thus  they can be unusable after long periods of usage without docking or using  the warriors repair ability.   as for the shields, reactors and engines im am unsure of their existance in live as for i never used or aquired any.  but for the weapons i  used them as "bandaids" while i was trying to aquire the better equipment i so longed for.

we still need a unique skill for the PT that  could possibly be considered a weapons energy conservation and at higher levels increase along with adding turbo and damage increases along the way like the TEs rally buff got  added bonuses as it was leveled.

sorry for throwing one of my  PT ideas in here, no disrespect intended.

Edited by Zebalba

Nothing wrong with throwing the PT in, since that missing skill is something that needs to be addressed.  The PE; however, gives the group bonus of weapon energy conserve 5%.   There is also a device that was a mission reward in E&B Origins, that had weapon energy conservation (activated).  The mission was from an NPC in the Lounge in N7-SOL who was around for 2 patch cycles (when patches were monthly).  First patch cycle he gave the mission, second patch cycle he rewarded those who did his mission, 3rd patch he left for parts unknown, never to return.

DigiApogee Prototype PLs also could use explosive ammo.  Most other PLs didn't do explosive damage, but had one or more of the following: Impact, Chemical, or Plasma ammo.

I never said they weren't in original live, I said they weren't in from going retail. They were a story line addition. I.E. when you bought the game, and logged on for the first time, proto types were not in at that time, they came along later, they came in the same time that story line was hinting about hidden co-operation between the races, that was around when Aman went missing, there were other manufacturers as well, just that digi was the most prominent, Trident was another manufacturer (the buckshot PL is trident). Nishido  was a partner in this, they were a relatively unknown corp until that phase, as Sundari until that point was the Jenquia primary manufactor .

As to core protos, the engine and shields were always in high demand, most especially in the 4-7 range, the reactors seemed to only be a JE liked thing, perhaps that's due to the high cap but pathetic recharge rate, nobody would want it for combat for sure, but JE could offset the recharge suckage with skills to use it for mining. Prior to the CFB coming in, if you could pull a L9 shield, even a L8 shield for that matter, you were in the credits if you would sell it, if you could pull a L9 engine, the terrans would line up to shower credits on you as well.

Edited by Mattsacre

How about upping the drop rate/spawn rate of Tatsu's? I think it's a bit ridiculous that my PW has been looking for 4 months, only found the mob twice, and got no drop. He checks almost every day. I can't camp the spawn site 24/7 like other guilds. Give me a chance please.

Also, since the JE doesn't have their lv 135 skill, how about changing it so maybe a JE can do a mission and get a linkable wormhole that would work in any sector except BBW, Bogeril, or Chavez space (since those areas need/will be specific faction)?

I like the linkable wh idea but I already know it would never happen. JE can already get anywhere in game in like 5 min or less. If they could instantly when to any sector minus faction ones people would mega QQ about them warping to all the hot spots to check on named mob camps or to camp upcoming mobs etc. It would have to have a super long cool down or something and I doubt they would bother.

Zebalba- no disrespect taken. I like the suggestion for PT. They do need ability balancing And additions badly but honestly the devas know content ATM is priority #1 I think unless something is an urgent or easy fix. People are already getting bored. Hell I've been playing only 2 months and almost have all 9 classes maxed already and have done most content and raids minus red base and Agrippa. So ya content content content... :/