E&B and Win 7 & Removing the "notice"

anyone remember what one needs to do to get rid of the original earth and beyond registration closed notice that starts up for windows vista/7

i remember there being some kind of registry thing you have to install and i dont have that any more if someone has it or knows where i can get it id very much appreciate to have it.

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

post-1517-12645486806161_thumb.jpg

anyone remember what one needs to do to get rid of the original earth and beyond registration closed notice that starts up for windows vista/7

i remember there being some kind of registry thing you have to install and i dont have that any more if someone has it or knows where i can get it id very much appreciate to have it.

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

This usually only happens on 64-bit windows. Use regedit.exe and change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Westwood Studios\Earth and Beyond\Registration\Registered from 0 to 1 and the registration should go away.

Edit: Corrected wrong key path.

This usually only happens on 64-bit windows. Use regedit.exe and change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Westwood Studios\Earth and Beyond\Registration\Registered from 0 to 1 and the registration should go away.

yep 64 bit win7 here.. that reg key didnt do anything though.

Sorry... Should be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Westwood Studios\Earth and Beyond\Registration. Create or modify DWORD Registered and set value to 1.

64-bit os put 32-bit apps registry values under the Wow6432Node tree.

Sorry... Should be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Westwood Studios\Earth and Beyond\Registration. Create or modify DWORD Registered and set value to 1.

64-bit os put 32-bit apps registry values under the Wow6432Node tree.

Yes, this is correct. If you don't like playing with the registry, I've attached the file. This is for 64-bit OS only. The 32 bit should not require any modification.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove this notice.jpg"Notice" of shutdown. I was playing without it for the longest time but had to reinstall windows lately and it is now coming up. If it is possible to remove it I'd really like to and thank you to all that reply.

post-984-12662504488547_thumb.jpg

I think (dont quote me) that this is to do with 64bit operating systems.

If you have x64 OS you get that screen (just press cancel)

There's a registry file floating in one of these other 64 bit topics, it will correct the issue in the interim. Eventually we're going to set the Launcher to check for it.

This was referring to how to stop the intro movie from playing, rather than the "notice." The solution offered was to delete the movie file.

Yes, and I asked what file. However I found it on my own.

For anyone else that wants to get rid of it, it's named EB_Sizzle.bik and it's in \Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Data\client\mixfiles

Yes, and I asked what file. However I found it on my own.

For anyone else that wants to get rid of it, it's named EB_Sizzle.bik and it's in \Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Data\client\mixfiles

yessss

I knew I did this back in the day but couldn't remember what I did, thanks a ton.

Is here any way how to remove "Earth & Beyond Service Rules of Conduct" with two buttons to choose "I Disagree" or "I Agree". I don't remember if in Live I had it always push everytime I did start client. I would like to go straight to user/password. I know how to remove video, but not know how-to remove this window.

TIA