Guild Raid Rotation Change Suggestion

Niko and Canman can you guys relay your vote for the guild to Overt and get it added to the tally in the PM were working from.

That way we can hash out anything that needs it to be handled between us and move along with this.

PM seems to cause a lot less hair pulling around here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As most of you are probably curious as to what has been going on regarding the rotation issues, I thought I would mention it here.

As of Sunday, Oct 27, there was a general meeting between Static, BI and VGE regarding Epics venture to get into the guild rotations. Getoffme, from Epic was also present for a short time to give us his insight.

At this point in time, Epic Gamers has not yet been put into the guild rotation. There were questions raised that need to be answered and there will be a decision within 2 weeks time when Static, BI and VGE take a final vote on the matter.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, they can feel free to contact myself, Canman, Nicodemus or Overtkill via PM here or in game.

We are all trying to be diplomatic and get things settled in a timely and adult manner and to that end members of Static who are not in a leadership role, will be asked and/or reminded to allow your leadership to do what you expect them to do. If you have questions or concerns, please see one of the officers on our TS server, or in game.

Everyone have a fantastic day and fly safe!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Ok, I am not at the level to be involved in this content (Yes, I'm an Alt o Holic).  But I try to read all the forum content, and the question raised in my mind is this:

Why do 3 other guilds get to decide whether a 4th guild can partake of game content?  I get a vote in some things, on a server level (Like who is the player - dev go between), and I can vote on some things here on the forums to make my voice heard... But when did I decide (or get a chance to), that these three guilds would be in charge of what content any guild I belong to, is allowed to do?

Just my 2c, your mileage may vary..

Ok, I am not at the level to be involved in this content (Yes, I'm an Alt o Holic).  But I try to read all the forum content, and the question raised in my mind is this:

Why do 3 other guilds get to decide whether a 4th guild can partake of game content?  I get a vote in some things, on a server level (Like who is the player - dev go between), and I can vote on some things here on the forums to make my voice heard... But when did I decide (or get a chance to), that these three guilds would be in charge of what content any guild I belong to, is allowed to do?

Just my 2c, your mileage may vary..

The 3 guilds in the raid rotation agreement cannot block anyone from this content. We can accept/veto a guilds entrance into the current raid agreement. It is more or less a peace treaty between the top raiding guilds. That is the matter being discussed here.

Unlike the fishbowl and gate raids (which are device activated and can therefore be planned on and prepared for) the devs want these other raids to be competitive. I would still like to see these raids become device activated as i think it would be better for the game and its players overall.

• Upvote 4

if the devs are going to make it an device activation these raids wil be farmed like hell by the big guilds. but now they can only do it for 3 or 4 times a week. so the super items are still abit rare on the server.
  • Downvote 2

as you know at the GR and the FB they say the items are rare drops. well if you got about 10 people farming for them from a guild. so if you got so many people farming for them to do raids with a guild they are not so rare any more. And i think if they make the big 3 raids an item activation this wil only get more and people wil complain about the big 3 guilds farming the spots again. so if we down one problem we make the next problem again. Thats wy i think its not a good thing to make it a trigger event.

Greedz jamoos

So Epic has to wait for 2 weeks, exactly what is so tricky about this, they have already proven they can do the raid. Just let them in.

its consistency, were trying to not have spawns be wasted like magoo said.

Edited by zohawn

So if your guild is at saturation with the items from these raids, why are you not inviting non-guild members to participate in them to help people who are not in one of the big 3 guilds get things they may want from the raids?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So if your guild is at saturation with the items from these raids, why are you not inviting non-guild members to participate in them to help people who are not in one of the big 3 guilds get things they may want from the raids?

who said we havent?

you have to realize everyone in static is 30+. if you act like a spoiled brat youll get laughed at. i joined maybe 3 months ago and have had nothing but kindness from static, just ask nicely. now on the other hand, if you attack them immediately, like ive seen, they might not be as nice

• Upvote 1

Because theres enough people that aren't in the big three to band together and do these raids publicly, learn how to do them, endure the exp debt and equip percentage loss, and come up with strategies concerning not just the combat involved but also dealing with loot distribution. Also I'm sure if you asked one of us to help out that'd be fine. I've done a few non-guilded public type raids... Don't get what all this "control" and "barring people" from doing this content is about. This thread is strictly concerning the rotation agreement and another guild's desire to join in, and unfortunately there are difficulties, that's all I will say in relation to that matter. As far as content goes nobody is barring or restricting anyone from anything. If you get the group together to do it, of players who are not involved with the rotation, then GO FOR IT. We are not stopping you, there is no big guild police flying around keeping people from gating into bbw, paramis, or aragoth. And I know for a fact that the other guilds, even us sometimes, will invite people to do the GoBB raid. Other players who not in the "big-three" can attest to this.

Also allow me to post some suggestions as to what you might to do get together public raids for GoBB/Controller/RD Base:

1. Start talking to people about it in game and on the forums (which leads to the next suggeston)

2. Start threads on the forums until you can generate enough interest from the playerbase to do these raids

3. Keep at it.

4. Actually go and camp these mobs and learn the general spawn times

5. Get a small group of players together and learn how to work together, and then recruit other people along with talking to other small guild leaders and try to get something together that way.

The small players are out there, and guaranteed there are enough of you to do these raids. And again I will repeat. No one is stopping you from doing anything, play the game the way you want to play it. You just might have to put in some work concerning raiding if you'd like to accomplish them efficiently and stay outside the rotation.

Everyone remember to have fun!

• Upvote 2

You obviously have been in some other world... The "Public" or "everyone else" tried to put together a gate raid a month ago.. We prepared, announced and got as much "public" support as we could.. guess what.. after 3 weeks of getting people together Builders had to pretty much run the gate raid for it to work... Why?  Because the "public" is not capable to run these or any other major raids without serious support from groups who have run them before.  This was pretty much proven. 

If the "public" can't raid Tada-O gate without major support from a big guild, there is absolutely no way in hell they are going to be able to pull off one of these raids.... ever..

• Upvote 3

who said we havent?

you have to realize everyone in static is 30+. if you act like a spoiled brat youll get laughed at. i joined maybe 3 months ago and have had nothing but kindness from static, just ask nicely. now on the other hand, if you attack them immediately, like ive seen, they might not be as nice

Who's attacking whom?  I was asking as simple question... If you are already doing this, great... But I don't see it.. so forgive my ignorance to the fact you are already performing this for people who are not in your guild.  Out of respect for the thread this is my last response.. Sorry to have ruffled feathers with my question...

Who's attacking whom?  I was asking as simple question... If you are already doing this, great... But I don't see it.. so forgive my ignorance to the fact you are already performing this for people who are not in your guild.  Out of respect for the thread this is my last response.. Sorry to have ruffled feathers with my question...

you are so combative. i was just giving suggestions. nothing was directed to you personally...just common sense knowledge that has obviously, from my own experience, gone unused.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+1 Klyde, pretty much the gist of it. And I've been on the other end of things prior to my membership in a big guild. And we did manage to get fb's and controller and even gobb a few times done without the aid of a larger guild. It has been done. Just a little positive thinking, determination, and perseverance will pretty much help you accomplish whatever it is you want to do in this game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

this seems to boil down to "where is my shiny new stuff on that silver plate". sorry to those who are thinking that way but you are sol. none of the "big 3" just walked up and owned it. had to learn each raid, and its not our fault you cant get 12 players who can listen and follow directions now is it ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If 12 random players got together and proved that they could do the raids, would they be put into the rotation if they wanted to be put in?

Being able to do these raids uncontested is one thing, it's vastly different trying to outgun 2 teams of tricked out experienced raiders. Are your twelve ready to go when the raid spawns? Cause if they arent.. someone else will be and that in a nut shell is why the big three have this agreement.

I'd say there are many factors not the least of which is how well you can work with other people. This is an agreement between 3 different guilds at the moment, I'd wager that all 3 would require some good faith, diplomacy and a healthy respect for one another before being given a seat at the table.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Static has concluded a guild vote on this matter the result of which i will not post here, but instead will by request pm to any interested involved member of VGE,BI or EG.

We feel EG is has yet proven themselves ready for a rotation slot, but that the following proposal, should it be accepted by VGE & BI, will provide them with ample opportunity to prove otherwise.

Static proposes we move forward with a 4 week raid rotation agreement in which the 4th week would be public raids led by representatives of VGE, BI and Static. Those selected reps can lead public raids on GoBB, Rd Base and the Controller during allotted public raid times. We would motion that those raid leaders also be designated as the credit kill and control all loot and lotto responsibilities until such time as they are no longer needed. We suggest that each guild (vge,bi,static) put forward no more or no less than 2 designated public raid leaders.

Raid Conditions:

- All members (including alts) of Static, BI and VGE shall be exempt from public raid winnings but are otherwise able to attend/assist the completion of the raid.

Should more than half the raid team be comprised of above guilds this rule is to be waved at the discretion of the raid leader.

- Public raiders are asked to be overall lvl150.

- Be present when the raid begins for lotto consideration. (don't show up during a raid and expect to win a skull shield!)

- Be compliant w/raid leaders instructions.

- No player may be turned away from public raids on the basis of what guild they are or are not in, unless that player is in a guild that has been black listed from attending.

- Assigned Raid leaders reserve the right to disallow any player from lotto consideration! Meaning: Everyone attending is expected to behave in an adult manner, and not cause any problems.

- Griefing, harassment, disruption or any act of interference with any part of the raid schedule will result in a ban of the offending player, and if deemed necessary, problematic guilds.

Guild leaders are asked to plz post the names of your public raid leaders and have the nominees reply with /accept

Below is the proposed future raid schedule.

Static –Troller /skip/Rd Base/GoBB
 BI  -  GoBB /Troller /Skip/Rd Base
VGE - Rd Base/GoBB/troller/Skip
Pubs - Skip /Rd Base/GoBB/troller

Edited by Nicodemus
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1