Guild Raid Rotation Change Suggestion

Static (Nicodemus, Reverant) has proposed a slight modification to the Raid Rotations to make them a little easier to manage. We would like to see if the three big guilds (Static, Builders Inc, and VonCorp Galactic Empire) would all agree by this coming Tuesday, May 21, 2013. 

The way it would work is each guild would get 1 specific raid boss per week from Tue. to Tue. The following week, the guilds would rotate which boss they were killing. This would eliminate the need to inform other guilds of kills and curb the desire to kill raid triggers early so the trigger comes back on certain days.

Example:

Week 1

-----------
BI - Controller
Static - RD Base
VGE - GoBB

Week 2
-----------
BI - GoBB
Static - Controller
VGE - RD Base

Week 3
-----------
BI - RD Base
Static - GoBB
VGE - Controller

Week 4
-----------

This could be one of the following:
- start over at week 1
- be free for all (first come first serve)
- allow other smaller guilds a chance to go for the raids

• This idea comes from Static so I assume they are on board with this plan.

• BI (TraderMagoo) doesn't have a problem agreeing to this rotation; we are just looking for a way to divide the raids up fairly to stop the bickering between the guilds over kills.

• A member of VGE also agreed to this idea; but asked me to post this for further review.

-Angemon @ Builders Inc-

Edited by secured2k
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I say instead of someone just picking the order ,kind of fishie that bi and static are first ,all 3 guilds have the leaders or the assigned rep group up to roll for it ,that way it is a bit more fairer ,then someone just picking the order.I do like the set up but to be fair to all there needs to be a roll with either a gm or dev or all 3 guild leaders .

Edited by uban
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

when it comes to smaller guilds it still boils down to them getting the manpower to do it.  hence the reason this issue has been between the 3 big guilds, cause the little ones dont even try to attempt it and havent spoken up about it either. 

Some devil's advocate questions:

What if a Big 3 guild has no desire to do the RD Base?

What if a non-Big 3 guild only wants to get in rotation for say the Controller raid?

Does the current server update/reboot on Tuesdays reset the timers for all of the raids because if I recall correctly, the reason for the last agreement dissolving was that raids had to be held in a certain timeframe, is this proposal not the same, just with a longer timeframe?

With this proposal, someone could do raid-trigger shenanigans such that it could reduce the amount of raids that spawn for a guild within their timeframe. With the next -> next -> next arrangement, anyone pulling raid trigger shenanigans would only be increasing the time before their guild would get the raid next in the rotation.

Week 4 would be ideal for some team work with big 3 leading some pugs from the wider community :) - providing they are interested in teaching that is.

I did the example by guild alphabetical order and randomly picked a raid per and rotated through them. To make things final and official, we could meet up and just random roll and let high rollers have their preference.

I hate the nit picking over the English language because I have a habit of using just a slightly wrong word that has a similar meaning but not quite what I really meant. What is the correct word to use instead of "allow"? I was thinking of "enable" but found "allow" to be a top synonym for enable. Suggestions are welcome.

I was just putting the idea out there for review.

-Angemon @ Builders Inc-

Edited by secured2k

I'm a little confused so help me out with this. You say week one we each get one boss a guild, right? thats 3 bosses out of a possible 9 in a week .

what of the other 6 raids (2 RD base 2Gobb's and 2 trollers) ?

I'm with Bell, are the other 2 raid bosses per week then FFA? Or is it suggested that the guild kills the same boss every time it spawns in that week period?

the way  i think it is intended to be ran is   during your week you only get the specific spawn for the entire week while the other guilds  are to only  do their  spawn for that week and then on reboot they  switch out to another raid and only do that one for a week while the other guilds are now doing a new raid for that week

EXAMPLE:

week 1

VGE gets to run a full week of controller spawns leaving Gobb and RD base alone during that week  

BI gets to run GoBB for that whole week  not touching  controller or RD for the  week

Static gets RD base for the whole week on every spawn not touching GoBB or Troller at all that week

Week 2

Static gets to run a full week of controller spawns leaving Gobb and RD base alone during that week  

VGE gets to run GoBB for that whole week  not touching  controller or RD for the  week

BI gets RD base for the whole week on every spawn not touching GoBB or Troller at all that week

etc.

see what im getting at here? everyone will still be raiding  their own raid while the other 2 raids are  being raided by the other guilds,  so in a nutshell  while gobb is being taken out by one guild the other raids are being taken out by the other guilds that are assigned.

and on the 4th week  the "FFA" week the 3 big guilds could get together and  pug the smaller guilds into the raids and help them get the uber loot that everyone is fighting over and to help these smaller guilds   the 3 main guilds should be honorable to pass on accepting raid loot and let the smaller guilds  get to roll among the current raiders of their guild on the loot.

hopefully this will clarify ir possibly confuse the matter further which isnt my intent

Edited by Zebalba
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Zebalba is correct.

Each guild would work that Raid and only that Raid for the week. If Troller spawns 3 times during the week VGE has Troller, they would be able to attempt all 3 Trollers with the knowledge the other 2 guilds in this agreement will not interfere. Upon Tuesday's server reset for the patch, the 3 guilds would rotate to the next boss in their list. Patch day is used because it is a set server wide event that everyone recognizes. This will eliminate the need to monitor spawns to ensure compliance, which frankly was a flaw of all previous rotation agreements. What each guild does within their week is entirely up to them. If Builders decides not to do Red Dragon base during their week, that is their choice. Static will not 'rush in' and spawn RD Base just because it is up and Builders are not doing it. I can't speak for the other guilds. 

This is a Gentlemen's agreement between the 3 Guilds only. All other players on the server are not obligated to adhere to any agreement set forth here, and in fact are encouraged, at least by Static, to muster your forces and attempt these raids. They are really fun! Perhaps in the future, the activation method can be modified to avoid the 'forced conflict' and allow everyone an equal chance of activating end-game content. Static has stated repeatedly that if any small guild or PUG are attempting a Raid in which Static is slotted to do, we will stand down and not interfere. The only requirements are that your Guild or PUG must have a reasonable chance of finishing the raid, and that your Guild or PUG be ready to activate before Static is ready to activate. To have a reasonable chance to complete the raid your small guild or PUG will require a minimum of 3 to 4 decently equipped groups or 2 to 3 very well geared groups. Any less is a guaranteed wipe and despawn. This open invitation is from Static only, as you will need to contact Builders or VGE on their raid policy.

The concept is not complex, and solves many issues Static has had with previous agreements. It is by no means a perfect solution, more of a feeble workaround for a poor  design of end-game content activation, 10 years out of date. The current Devs are not at fault for 10 year old code, and work with what they have. However, we feel that they do have it within their means to fix the current raid activation mechanics to avoid the conflicts inherent to this style of activation. Hopefully in the future, another system can be put in place to the benefit of everyone on the server, and raid rotations will be a thing of the past, as they are in every other MMORPG. 

One point I would like to make is that any rotation agreement is contingent on the conduct of all 3 guilds. Any shenanigans or 'accidental' activations will result in the offending Guild forfeiting a raid in their week. Any further subterfuge will result in the cancellation of this agreement. Static is adamant about this point. 

The 3 Guilds still need to meet to set the Raid order, and I would ask that Shadowwalker set up a meeting sometime Tuesday to finalize this agreement ASAP, or have the other 2 Guild Leaders contact Static. Static has purposely not done these raids during this time, and we are itching to get back to having FUN!

My door is always open to any player on the server to discuss any aspect of the game or anything relating to our guild. Always feel free to send me a tell in game or come visit us on Net-7's teamspeak server.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This proposal removes some logistics overhead of the current solution and i tend to agree.

One point I would like to make is that any rotation agreement is contingent on the conduct of all 3 guilds. Any shenanigans or 'accidental' activations will result in the offending Guild forfeiting a raid in their week. Any further subterfuge will result in the cancellation of this agreement. Static is adamant about this point. 

But....

Any shenanigans or 'accidental' as you put it activations should result in the offending player(s) be expelled from their guild and that made public knowledge.

Its the obligation of each guilds leadership to inform their playerbase of this agreement and make sure they abide by it.

If some from within the 3 guilds involved want to play differently then they just dont belong.

I dont see why the agreement has to suffer from the rare individual(s).

• Upvote 1

Efi I totally agree with this and it has been made absolutely crystal clear within Static that this type of behaviour will result in immediate removal from our guild. Our members are quite aware of our guild policy in regards to this type of action, and have been for quite some time. Static Guild is a group of people that are here to have a fun filled stress free time in the game, and I for one hate having to chase fires. 

If any player wishes to join Static to load up on phat loot and cause trouble, they may as well keep walking, as they will find themselves guildless rather quickly. 

• Upvote 3

i am game for it.  we need to get the rest of our own guild on board though, i have not been playing much as of late because of working alot of OT, and just needing to get away from the stress.  lol stress from a game.  yikes.  its about time we ALL get back to having some fun. 

• Upvote 1

This sounds like a good way to go at it. Too bad there isn't four raids. If there were, one raid per week could have been FFA, so those not in the 3 big guilds who wishes to raid wouldn't have to wait three weeks between each fair chance at raiding... 

How about spreading the “smaller guild” week around some?
(Smaller Guilds = FFA below)

Week 1
BI - Controller
Static - RD Base
VGE - GoBB
FFA - No raid

Week 2
FFA - Controller
BI - RD Base
Static - GoBB
VGE - No raid

Week 3
VGE - Controller
FFA - RD Base
BI - GoBB
Static - No raid

Week 4
Static - Controller
VGE - RD Base
FFA - GoBB
BI - No raid

And if in time a 4th guild wants in, its easily expanded, just add a 5th week?

Edited by Starblaze
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm perfectly happy to let whoever wants to raid the rd base raid it ..

The drop tables are broken and the faction hit isn't worth it right now.( I know it's being worked on)

So on BI's rd base week knock yourself out.

When the rd base is working as intended we'll drop back into the rotation but it's not real high on my guilds list of things to do yet.

When the drops and stuff are finished we might take a crack at it once in a while.

I'd like to take the ffa days if vge and static have the rd base and help smaller guilds get stuff.

Maybe we can split the days up.

On the Gobb raid maybe we can run a joint operation with the 3 guilds or 2 and a smaller guild.

I'm pretty easy that way.

As for adding new guilds, sure.

We always ran a rule if you can do it as a guild solo your in it takes 3 groups to do the top raids all we ask is one of the big 3 guilds have a rep on hand to watch.

If they do it then can get into the rotation.

Simple as that.

• Upvote 1