EnB on Android (or iPad) Tablet

I found an interesting spin off of the more common VNC.  This application actually let me get in and play EnB on my Galaxy Tab 2.1 10 in. screen.  I was able to access the keyboard, in game maps etc. leave the base and gate to the next sector. Screen refresh looks very good.  I do need to play with screen resolution a bit more to get it right.  I will upload a video (or link) when I get it more usable.

Here is the link to it.

http://www.splashtop.com/splashtop2

This may not be ideal for a raid but for trade jobs or even mining may be do-able.

• Upvote 1

Here is a link to a REALLY crappy video, I think I covered the password but oops if not.  When I get the ideal screen size/keyboard figured out will post another.  As an after thought if anyone else feels like playing with this as well post away.  It would be interesting.

Oops---way big file will reduce 1st

I'm not sure why it didn't work with Chrome but it will display with Internet Explorer (or save as and play only ) .  The fumbling around is not the application but me not sure what I was doing.  There seems to be a slight delay with the cursor following the finger but I think that most was me.  

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the 2nd Video of my playing around.  I need to remember that the fields do not auto select the keyboard (even though it is selected in the setup).  Also the fumbling around is mostly me...holding my cell phone, recording and trying to play the game.  

As soon as a correct screen size is found I think this will be VERY playable.  What is cool is that the screen can be expanded (size by the two finger re-size) and any item that can be selected is still active.  Chat comes to mind, or that hard to tap roid.

Anyway here is video #2.

Demo 2 

Oh yes...again IE to view...and sorry for the background TV sounds.  I was sitting away from the main computer to play without the tempting mouse.

holy crap!! That works perfectly! I just tried it too. A bit difficult to see on my galaxy nexus phone, but sound, graphic, everything is good.

Course a native app would be better, but this is great, I'll be using this streaming system a lot.

I may want to give this a try.  Does it work on iPhone (I know the screen may be too small).  Too bad my work disallow VNC, so I can't use the company NW (even during lunch time), only my iPhone would work.

[EDIT] Just watch the videos, and it was indeed on an iPhone.

So I have to install the app on my home comp, then access it using an app for the iPhone?  Do I have to install VNC SW on my home desktop?

[EDIT2] Just visit the app web site.  Will try it today when I got home.

I may want to give this a try.  Does it work on iPhone (I know the screen may be too small).  Too bad my work disallow VNC, so I can't use the company NW (even during lunch time), only my iPhone would work.

[EDIT] Just watch the videos, and it was indeed on an iPhone.

So I have to install the app on my home comp, then access it using an app for the iPhone?  Do I have to install VNC SW on my home desktop?

Yes there is a part for your PC or Mac at home? The link was in the first message but here it is again. Please let us know how it goes for you. :)

http://www.splashtop.com/splashtop2

I have tried it on my iPhone.  There are a lot of problems we have to sort out before we can say it is working.

For a start, I think Disable Mouse Lock must be unchecked, or you will lose keyboard focus (Hit ESC result in bringing up the Windows Start Menu instead).

I have tried it on my iPhone.  There are a lot of problems we have to sort out before we can say it is working.

For a start, I think Disable Mouse Lock must be unchecked, or you will lose keyboard focus (Hit ESC result in bringing up the Windows Start Menu instead).

I can't speak for the iPhone or any Android phone for that matter.  The Android device I have been using has a 10.1 inch screen.  I think there are many issues remaining but. as I said it should allow one to play the game in a limited fashion on a tablet sized device.  .   

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Agree on the vnc part.

If you try and run enb off a smartphone directly through qeum, prepare to crash your phone....

Unless someone has a quick way to covert it to native ARM code.......

Then there is the issue of the license........

I will say that the server side code is pretty mature...

If they can drum up an investor, an android / x86 client could be developed with name changes, essentially making it a new game with similar mechanics. Freemium can also become a possibility.