Character & Starship Creator

I had a hard drive crash this morning so I had to reinstall everything.  When I finally got to the C&SC I noticed that it doesn't give you to PP and other new characters to choose from.  Am I doing something wrong?  What do I have to do to get these new characters to show up so I can create them again for E&B?   --Gwyn   :wacko:

Just remember that the resulting character will always occupy the first character slot, so if you have any chars already defined, move them out of the first slot to see your char.

Just remember that the resulting character will always occupy the first character slot, so if you have any chars already defined, move them out of the first slot to see your char.

Or you could change the file name so that the new char will go to the slot of your choice..

Or you could change the file name so that the new char will go to the slot of your choice..

What is the file name and where is it located.   I just love this education I am getting.  Thank you mates!

Win Vista / 7 / 8

(You might need to show hidden folders)

C:\ProgramData\Westwood Studios\Earth and Beyond\Character and Starship Creator

change avatar.dat to avatar(slot number).dat   ie avatar3.dat

Xp will be somewhere else... 

I just have one question. I have a character I just created.... I guess I leave it in the folder it's in now..... I was told once the character and class gets registered on the server I can't change something ever again. Was it the character's look on future re-rolls, was it I needed to preserve the avatar file, what was the special thing I needed to know before I rename this file so it fits into slot 2 and hopefully register.

If you run the S&SC it won't give the new classes by default. You have to go into the properties of the shortcut and at the end of the target line where the .exe is, leave a space after the .exe" and add -noclassresrictions,  so like this "c:\path to file.... blah blah.. .exe" -noclassrestrictions

If you run it from the shortcut you now get the new classes, but only if you use the left/right buttons to cycle through.

If you run it from the shortcut you now get the new classes, but only if you use the left/right buttons to cycle through.

These are the left and right arrows at the bottom of the creator