Regarding the Guild arguments over raids.

Ive locked a couple of threads today because of some pretty nasty flaming and accusations against staff members being thrown around.

The whole issue from a development perspective will be reviewed but the arguing is not constructive (seriously keep the bickering to PM or something, not in an otherwise constructive thread)

As I understand it you guys have reached an agreement for now and that is great, and some ideas are gonna be talked about tomorrow.

However, understand that the Dev team will not change things just because you guys cant get along and sort out how youre going to do your raids. 

Also remember as stated before by Kyp that if we do decide to change GoBB/Controller to activated spawns, youre going to see a decrease in uber drop rates (especially if the activator is repeatable multiple times a week/day).

None of this is new information, but ive rambled a bit, just chill out you guys, there was a bit of childish garbage in some of those posts and we are bigger than that ok?

Now if you want to continue your discussion about the raids/rotation/activated vs open season, etc... please do it here, but if it starts getting like it did in the other ones I will shut this one down as well.

Thanks you guys.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you stanig.

This was not the way to make a case for activated bbg/troller.

Make a thread or even a poll into emu forums and gather support instead of producing bickering and getting good people from all sides so disappointed as to leave this game, even for a while.

I don't know what the agreement that was discussed yesterday was and i'll have to get in touch with my guildmates to find out so i reserve the right to forming an opinion.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Proberbly going to invalidate any suggestions when i say that i dont know the ins and outs of raiding.

But what would happen, provided it can be coded, if drops from raids are subject to a few restrictions.

Unique, None tradeable, None manufacturable and the cherry on the top, they degrade in quallity over time.

If you then make raids activated, the number of nice drops could be offset by drops leaving the game.

People can raid their hearts out if desired, get their shiny item and can enjoy it for a certain period of time before they need to raid again to refresh their lost precious.

Later on in the development when expansions with new content, new raids and new storyline comes into play, a reverse engineering quest series maybe to extent the lifespan of previous raid drops ?

Basicly shiny in = shiny out.

But this is just a suggestion to perhaps help resolving the issue from my own limited raid knowledge.

I wanted to add in some ideas that have been passed along to me, with a few of my own thoughts as well. Perhaps they can help reach a solution to this problem.

1.) (Player Agreement) - A true rotation based on turns instead of days. Allows all a turn without a overlap causing someone to miss a raid. Additional member groups can be added to the rotation as they achieve raid-ready status. (Would require further details to insure fairness & equal treatment of all involved)

2.) (Escalating Raid system) - Similar to the dynamics of how the Tada-O gate raid is connected to the Fishbowl.

ie: Entry level raid requires a complex player built trigger device & once completed the final boss would drop the 'key' to activate or build the next phase trigger. The way that Zethrin'Ti drops the "Dark Cerebral Cortex" which is a element in the "Face the Ten'Gu" trigger.  In theory, this type of system would only require the entry level raid to have it's tables adjusted to maintain it's drop tables 'rare' status. A 24/48 hr timer per activator(player) could be added to help minimize back to back raids.

3.) (Independent Triggers) - Every raid has it's own trigger. (This system would most certainly require a complete reduction in all relevant loot tables)

These are not etched in blood or set in stone.. merely loose ideas for others to build on & fine tune. I don't truly believe there is ever a perfect solution to any problem, since nothing in life is ever perfect. I do believe that with enough people with their thoughts on a constructive path, we can reach a viable solution that can give the players the fun they so desperately want & the community the peaceful environment it rightly deserves.

Final thoughts - Every time the DEV's  are called upon to facilitate major changes to the game, it takes their time away from current tasks & inevitably prolongs the release of any upcoming content. Please consider this first and foremost before any suggestions are made. Small tweeks and fixes here and there don't seem to be as much of an issue... but these are human beings who volunteer their time. Be considerate & respectful of that time. It was their time that allows us to have a game to play at all.

Thanks for your attention.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I had to pick between new content and current raids, I'd say screw the raids and go for the content.

Why? Because the raids really do work as intended so far, according to the Devs.

Its really always been up to the player base to figure this stuff out and you know you will get people like me who just don't care for raiding. Gimme places to explore and different things to do, each with their own curious rewards.

Raiding is not the sole purpose of the game imho, never was. It was simply an additional facet to it.

Sure, I added in ideas of how to look at this current rading "issue", but you know what?

The Big Three have so far come to a agreement as far as I know. Leave it at that and move on.

There's far more space left to discover, so lets give the Devs the time they need to give us that and not focus on this human created problem.

Thanks for your consideration and time :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Im also greatly concerned about this taking away from content. And i agree with the above posted about raids working fine as they are. Fluff would be nice but it would be a huge question if raids DID go activated how much time something like that would take for them to do. If its a month+ id say no because without new content being rolled out I could see that hurting the numbers of this game in the long run quite a bit. Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

I have long been a supporter of activated raids. The timers lend themselves to drama due to folks butting heads over a spawn. Most folks that do the raids, do them for the fun foremost and getting the phat lewtz second. The activated type lends itself to a 'guild' event, scouring the star lanes for the widgets to make the coolio thingy that activates the raid, to doing the raid. A series of steps the entire guild can be a part of and have a hand in. Much better than line-up here, shoot there... if nobody else is shooting first type thing.

If working on converting a timed raid to activated takes away time spent on content, I'd side with the folks above that say do the content first and the conversion when time permits. :)

Edited for typing with phat phingers.

• Upvote 1

Activated Raids this, Activated Raids that...

I know where you are coming from Klyde, and I am sure that there are many who share the same standpoint.

However we already were given an answer to this, and that answer is no.

As crummy as that may be (I agree activated raids would eliminate drama) but in many senses I have to say I agree with the Devs on why they are not changing it.

The Raids don't create the drama, people do.

People create the Drama because they fail to communicate somewhere along the line and they feel their needs or wants not being heard.

This whole raid thing reminds me of a saying I read once:

"A person is more concerned with things that happen to them or effect them than they are with events that may be effecting someone else. The average person cares more about the paper-cut on their finger than they do the starving children in Africa."

Its something I think we all should keep in mind. No the comment is not verbatim, I would need to flip through one of Dale Carnegie's books to find it again but the meaning is still the same.

Anyways, honestly I think the Raid Adjustment discussion is closed as far as I am concerned. This will be the last I have to say on the subject for quite some time I think.

Let the DEVs do their thing, they've been doing a great job as it is. If Raids become an issue effecting the Server itself in terms of stability or population or whatnot, I am sure they will think of something when the time comes for it. Until then, just enjoy the game and lets see what comes out next in terms of content.

• Upvote 1

I agree with torren whole heartedly. Things were working fine for quite awhile for the majority and there was peace and everyone was having fun and 0 drama etc. Then all the sudden there's leadership changes and votes and all the sudden its not anymore ( I know the reasons why no need to go into all that again). It'd become so me me me I I I lately with the triad that we somehow think activated raids should be top priority because we can't play nice together and make everyone happy.

I personally live for raiding at this point but even I feel to delay content at this point over say raid triggers would be a mistake in the long run.
  • Upvote 1