Making the New Classes

Kenu

To access the three unreleased classes, Progen Privateer, Jenquai Seeker, and Terran Scout, you must do the following

1. Download the Character and Starship Creator

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/community/coolstuff/starship_creator.html

2. Make a shortcut to Character and Starship Creator on desktop (or wherever)

3. Right click the shortcut and go to properties. Add this on the end of the target box after the "

-NOCLASSRESTRICTIONS

please note that there is a space before the hyphen

4. Make sure your account in EnB has a blank character spot and remember where that character spot is. The slot the character you make in the creator is in must be open in your EnB account to import it. If your character in the creator was placed in the slot on the left, the slot on the left must be open on your account to import it. The first character you create in the Character and Starship Creator will always been in slot 1, the slot on the very right.

5. Run Character and Starship Creator and select the new class using the large blue arrows near the bottom of the screen. Then create your new character.

6. Run EnB and the character should be ready to play in your character selection screen.

Anybody actually knwos how these characters appear in the actual game? Is it some kind of ini file or reg keys that get sucked into the game? I have Windows XP 64bit and the chars created with Starship Creator don't appear in game....

I'm running Win7 32 bit. I got it working by running the Character Creator as Kenu described. When you create a character using the creator make sure your usin a slot that matches an empty slot in the game. If the game hase a character in the same slot you use in the creator program it will not work.

Also note, when you start up the Character Creator, there are no buttons associated with the new classes up at the top of the screen. You have to use the left/right arrows at the bottom of the screen to scroll through the classes and it will find them. Sure its a pain in the butt but watcha want for free :).

I hope you enjoy the new classes. I think they are good fun. Some love em, some hate em but its best deciding for your self.

Asmir

Admin/DGM

Earth and Beyond Emulator

I'm running Win7 32 bit. I got it working by running the Character Creator as Kenu described. When you create a character using the creator make sure your usin a slot that matches an empty slot in the game. If the game hase a character in the same slot you use in the creator program it will not work.

Also note, when you start up the Character Creator, there are no buttons associated with the new classes up at the top of the screen. You have to use the left/right arrows at the bottom of the screen to scroll through the classes and it will find them. Sure its a pain in the butt but watcha want for free :).

I hope you enjoy the new classes. I think they are good fun. Some love em, some hate em but its best deciding for your self.

Asmir

Admin/DGM

Earth and Beyond Emulator

I used the Starship creator that came with the download of EnB. Made a short cut, placed -NOCLASSRESTRICTIONS. I was able to access the new characters, I made two. I only have 1 EnB character currently. When I went to into the game through Net7, only my original character was present. Any idea how to help EnB see what was done in the starship creator?

Fixed my issue.

Even thought the Starship creator is already installed with EnB don't use it.

I even tried moving it to the main EnB director and it did not work.

Just redownload it and let it install itself in the default directory. Prolly wouldn't hurt to have EnB in the default directory as well.

After I installed the starship creator via download , I modified the shortcut as per the other posts instructions and made a couple of alts, deleting the first one I made since it was in an existing characters slot.

I know have my main toon and my two alts.

What fixed it for me as downloading and installing the starship creator seperately.

Fixed my issue.

Just redownload it and let it install itself in the default directory. Prolly wouldn't hurt to have EnB in the default directory as well.

After I installed the starship creator via download , I modified the shortcut as per the other posts instructions and made a couple of alts, deleting the first one I made since it was in an existing characters slot.

What fixed it for me as downloading and installing the starship creator seperately.

Thanks, I will try that.

Hi im new to the community. I have the game up and running but wanted to try these new classes however, I have followed these instructions to the letter and still unable to create any of the new classes. anyone have an idea as to why? please help me i really want to try out the seeker and would greatly appreciate some input thanks in advance.

Hi im new to the community. I have the game up and running but wanted to try these new classes however, I have followed these instructions to the letter and still unable to create any of the new classes. anyone have an idea as to why? please help me i really want to try out the seeker and would greatly appreciate some input thanks in advance.

Ok i got it to work finally. The problem was the properties edit thing i was not saving it properly thanks to vista i have to give myself special permission to save it then run. THANKS to the people in game for helping me :)

Fixed my issue.

I tried that and it worked like a charm. Thanks!

How do you change the name on the new toon from "Character #5" etc to a name you want?

Start up the game, and log in the new char the same way you would do one that wasn't created with the Char & Starship creator. You'll get the option to name your toon then.