ATTN DEV/GM's Device Activated

The 3 major guilds Static, VGE, and Builders, have come together to ask the developers to consider adding a device-activatable or item triggered event to The Controller Raid and Ghost of Blackbeard. Together, we constitute a large section of the player base, and it is hoped that the developers will give our proposal due consideration.

Static, for it's part, feels that the current rotation system excludes smaller guilds, groups or pugs, from attempting either raid at their convenience  and not at a time of their choosing. It is currently hard for smaller guilds to field a raid group due to the nature of the random spawn times, as not everyone in their guild would be online at the time of the spawn, whereas a triggered activation requiring a talisman or constructed item would allow everyone to set a time, gather their forces and perhaps other groups/guilds, and attempt it when they are the most prepared. All players should have an equal opportunity to attempt end game content. To reiterate, we should be able to activate at a time of our choosing to allow as many people in our guilds as possible to participate.

We understand the concerns of the developers, that more activations will increase the amount of epic gear on the server, and  agree some system to cope with epic gear drop rates is warranted.

Possible solutions presented;

1. An item drop from a random spawn at 4 or 5 locations throughout the galaxy - limits camping to just one nav. Eg. An MPP / Synth Crystal type mob. Can control the amount of raid events via spawn times with the trigger spawn and the drop mob both.

2. A mission related device to activate the raids. Eg. Gate Raid / FB. Not as desirable as option 1, as this would require more work on the part of the Dev team.e more work on the part of the Dev team.

3. A set spawn time, not randomized, to allow guilds to plan ahead for the raid. One of the major issues concerning the present raid design is the inability of guilds to set a time when most of their members will be online to enjoy the content. For eg. The trigger mobs would spawn every 36 hrs or 48 hrs. This would be the best solution for a raid rotation format, as the guilds would fall back to Guild A first, then Guild B, then Guild C, then Guild A. However, with a set spawn time each guild would be certain of the time of the spawn and prepare accordingly.

For eg. It's VGE turn to raid Troller and the trigger spawns at Noon. Most of their members are on around 6PM EST so they plan the raid for that  time. Once completed, they inform the next guild in rotation of time of death. Since it is a set duration, the next guild knows precisely when to gather for their raid.

We, the undersigned, hope that the Developers would consider our proposal.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Guys, 

We hear ya. We are not unmindful nor uncaring of the strife going on. 

It is on the agenda for our Sunday Dev meeting and I hope to have something to discuss on the Q&A session on Monday. 

I know you are trying to get everyone from the big 3 guilds to sign this note - which is fine. 

I cannot guarantee a change but perhaps we can come up with something to reduce the strife. 

In the mean time please try and keep the strife down - most of us are older now, we probably don't need the extra blood pressure. 

El

Forgive my ignorance, but I would like to know when you post "signed", on whose behalf ( person/organization/guild ) you did so, unless your signature shows your affiliation.

Guys, 

We hear ya. We are not unmindful nor uncaring of the strife going on. 

It is on the agenda for our Sunday Dev meeting and I hope to have something to discuss on the Q&A session on Monday. 

I know you are trying to get everyone from the big 3 guilds to sign this note - which is fine. 

I cannot guarantee a change but perhaps we can come up with something to reduce the strife. 

In the mean time please try and keep the strife down - most of us are older now, we probably don't need the extra blood pressure. 

El

Agreed and thx in advance

I for 1 do not agree .so not signed . so static crys leaves the rotation is able to take bi's day and then there own day (hmmm go figure) and now they want to have a different type of raids .i for 1 think that is a bad idea .if you noticed its all static saying they agree but its wrong. why should 1 guild say what is to happen . together you all reached an agreement . more like someone cried to get there way .  so why is now everyone else has to go along . this is so wrong its painful . they push and cry and you all watch .They will camp any spawn and or place the trigger device will drop . 

I am sorry dev team i have kept quiet and did a lot of things on the up and up . But to let anyone say what type of raid anything should be is wrong and not right. so if its meant to be i get the ban hammer so be it .but this will be a mistake.

VGE

This idea is silly. An item drop can be farmed and still provides a large group of players more opportunity to activate than a smaller group.

The issue your going to have to convince the debs of is how do you allow smaller guilds to run the same content as big guilds without all the ubers going to everyone (they believe users should be very rare for a years) and without big guilds being the only ones with uber gear (the latter isn't actually a concern of most of them, but its worth considering)

At the end of the day, that is the issue. How to keep rare items rare while letting everyone experience the content. Either figure out a solution that intelligently attacks that problem or convince the dev team that über items shouldn't be rare. This will get you a million times more traction than simply being a squeaky wheel.

My phone autocorrects devs to debs. Stupid phone.

/signed 

LT lobevaser of VGE

LT Wetpolecat of the " Lifts Tail " Alliance and VGE

Also there needs to be a pinned post on the fourms so when a raid or raids has been completed the end time using the /time command ingame cant be posted , And smaller guilds who wish to do the raids but cant due to low DPS groups can ask for help from all the players .

Maybe if the trigger was dropped randomly from level 50+ MOBs.  Kinda like AA devices.  No one would know where/what to camp so it would truly give everyone capable (able to kill 50+ MOB) an even chance to raid.

If found by a player that didn't want to raid, I'm sure the object could be worth a fair amount on the market channel.  Here, large guilds may have a better chance because they could raise more cash.

Just a thought...

1 and 2 might work, kinda depends on how much time the Devs have to implement something like this, and to balance the drop rate. I would need more info before agreeing to either.

3 will not work. It was like this before on Gobb and Troller. The timer was given the buffer to stop the camping and strife that it caused.

• Upvote 1

all in all the main problem is everyone wants this to be like beat and st 4 .well it cant lets move on work out something and  get this done with . this is not st 4 or beta anymore so adapt .and go on

Me, My, Our guild ! WTF.

When did and why did this community go into the toilet.

Pegasus must of been a unique server with a very nice Player Base, sure it had its problems but there was always a guild looking outside their guild

for people to raid with in their activation(s)

If there was a guild(s) looking outside of their guild for raid members, that would make thing so much more easier, friendlier and smoother.

I'll raid with any guild as long as they stand by their pre-raid roll restrictions and make it worth while for me to attend. 

Now the question becomes who will be the better mature guild and honor and except an outsiders in their raids with pre-Raid loot exceptions?

There has been one smaller guild that has done this. My hats off to you for taking the initiative.   

But I'm beginning to think it is too far gone for that now. There is too much greed, distrust and anger.

It looks like we got PvP in the Emu after all.

Your asking the DEVs to get involved in a Raid fairness Balance issue ?

Be careful what you ask for !

They could limit IP addresses for Multibox. ( I wish they would ). Try running a Raid with 10-25% of your characters gone. 

So we have a mass exodus, is that really bad? I tend to think not. It would probably be the ones that don't play well with others any way.

Eventually the DEVs will make the Game harder and harder for you to get to and get End Game content.

Go ahead keep pushing them, I wouldn't be surprised if they all bailed. I sure the Hell wouldn't blame them !

LMFAO.  :lol:

DEVs Make ALL of the End game Non-Device raids with a Guardian NPC of Level 67 with

Massive AOE and Damage feed back. Throw in a couple of L60 cloaking Adds if you want.

The ONLY thing the guardian drops will be a debris field for the miners and A Communications array that will TERMINATE when:

1) 5 MINUTES has elapsed after looting the Array !

or

2) The Player holding the Communications Array Logs out !

or

3) The VERY SHORT corpse loot timer Expires (80 seconds) POP ! gos the raid !

The ONLY Spawn trigger will be the Array, which can be and will HAVE TO BE used during the battle with the remaining Guardian NPCs ! Use it or Loose it !

Communications Array:

We have just Killed/destroyed your (Base, Manufacturing facility, Gate) Guardian ! You want retribution ? Come get some!

SPAWN TRIGGER Activated !

IV

dev's i hope u dont let 5 or 6 member's of a guild ruin this game!!!! 

static has done nothing but lie and break agreement's this week!!! so sorry if they have no creadibilty in my eye's

with that being said i vote no

officer VGE

Uban I'm not in static nor do I neccessaeily agree with their choices or actions. That being said I can tell you hold a grudge against them for whatever reasons. My only point to make and then I'll leave it Alone as not to get off topic and start another flame thread is I feel as an unbiased spectator you can make your point without constantly using bait words like "crying" etc. I know you believed that's what their actions are doing and you may very well be right but right or wrong that kind of stuff just leads to fighting and arguing and back and forth name calling and arguments that get so out of hand half the time you don't even remember the original point of the thread.

And that doesn't just go for you but anyone/everyone who would follow suit. Can we please stick to and focus on the actual problems and offer solutions and stop the finger pointing, constantly bringing up the past and obvious name calling and troll bait. Come on guys.... really. ..
  • Upvote 1

dev's i hope u dont let 5 or 6 member's of a guild ruin this game!!!! 

static has done nothing but lie and break agreement's this week!!! so sorry if they have no creadibilty in my eye's

with that being said i vote no

officer VGE

More often then not the one accusing others of wrong doing is the one guilty of it themselves. No truth in these attacks so I ask who's creditability is under question. Maybe you just  blindly believed anything told to you without inquiring yourself?  Now thats ironic and funny.

• Upvote 1