High Frame Rate Experiment on Intro

While our beloved Intro is quite nice on concept, it was BIK format and was seriously bugging my with 15 frame per second rate...

So I decided to make an experiement on higher frame rate, by inserting morphing frames between...

I believe I've nailed it with 30 FPS (just 2x) and now entire movie goes much more smoother...

Here is result

http://www.chip.com.tr/video/earth-and-beyond_502.html  (You can click on HQ button with mouse over on video and select 720p for better view)

If you have strong eyes to notice 15 FPS from 30 FPS, here is original 15 FPS version: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwGbLVdQBig

Edited by SiSL

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a little old, but I just got around to watching it.   It looked nice.  The only negative I saw was it looked 'blurry', even with the 'HD' option selected.    I played the original on one screen and your version on a second screen, and preferred the sharpness of the original.   That might just be the fault of the hosting site re compressing it for streaming.

As a test I tried to convert an AVI file to BINK and got the same problem you did with no Audio.

According to http://www.radgametools.com/binkfaq.htm it's a simple fix.  You just 'just add 100 to the compression level in the compressor or mixer. For example, instead of level "4", use level "104".

'.

I redid my avi with a value of 104 and voila, I had a new start up video and sound for EnB.   It would be great if you could do this and then post the new bik file, for everyone.

Edited by Krellis