to the leaders of the big 3 guild's

the only way i see an agreement between the guild's working....

instead of getting a day we need to rotate spawns!

spawn 1 static
next spawn vge
next spawn bi
and so on

this would work even if server crashes (as it was if server crashed on ur day u lost ur raid) this wouldnt happen anymore

we could start a thread on the emu forums to keep this straight and if another guild get's big enough they can post there for a spot in rotation

the dev's r not going to change the raid format just because of a guild war

• Upvote 1

I like this idea and then smaller guild can ask to be placed on the rota. If they don't want to take up there day then all we ask is they post as such on the forum thread and allow the next guild on the rotation to take there turn.

It would be nice if he Dev's could play nice on this and make the servant and Troller spawn every 24 hours at midnight GMT or EST.

I would also call for 2 different rotation's one for Gobb and one for Troller, then no guild has control of both on a given day.

Rotation for Gobb say

Static

BI

VGE

A N Other

Rotation for Troller

A N Other

VGE

BI

Static

But you should get the idea.

its not realistic to think they will change the spawn to every 24 hours.   then your infusing to much of the elite loot into the system.  the overall concept of what james says is good and could potentially work.  thats if we all work together and act like adults and get past the hostilities and get back to the basics..  having fun.

Ooops sorry I meant 48 hours :(

I was half thinking Troller spawn then 24 hours later Gobb to spawn then 24 hours to Troller etc etc

Edited by Sharpe

The problem with jmes's scheme is that it leave out smaller guilds.  How about a 5 day rotation like this:

Day 2 of the month and any day of the month that yield a remainder of 2 (like 2nd, 7th, 12th): Static

Day 3: Von COrp

Day 4: BI

Day 5 and 1: FFA for smaller guilds, first come first serve.

Repeat.  That way it is not affected by Tuesday server reboots.  SInce a month has 30th and 31st, that should not give advantage to the big 3 guilds.

Disclaimer: I only have been in 1 raid during EMU Live, so I may not know what I am talking about :-)

the smaller guilds have to step up and get a group together that can handle taking down the high end content.  i know there are those that want to participate but if your guild doesnt have the manpower to do it..  the other guilds cant control that.  i dont know about the other guilds... but we have trouble with trying to take to many that want to go from our own guild and having to cut back on how many we take due to lag issues and disconnects, the more you take the worse it is. 

Thank you Jmes cause this is exactly what i had in mind when i posted on the Interesting Developments thread that we forgo the fixed days and go with the flow of the spawns. You fleshed it out nicely. :)

The problem with jmes's scheme is that it leave out smaller guilds.  How about a 5 day rotation like this:

Day 2 of the month and any day of the month that yield a remainder of 2 (like 2nd, 7th, 12th): Static

Day 3: Von COrp

Day 4: BI

Day 5 and 1: FFA for smaller guilds, first come first serve.

Repeat.  That way it is not affected by Tuesday server reboots.  SInce a month has 30th and 31st, that should not give advantage to the big 3 guilds.

Disclaimer: I only have been in 1 raid during EMU Live, so I may not know what I am talking about :-)

this plan make it easier for smaller guilds to do the raid's.... they team up with say another guild and post on the thread asking for a turn in the rotation :)

Well you could have a loose rotation... 

Should expect at least 3-4 spawns per "patch" week. 

Who ever can get organised for a particular spawn gets it and then defers to the other guilds until they have their shot.

if a 4th spawn happens occurs can just be a FFA organised chaos KS fiesta or something fun like that..

One variation of jmes's proposal that would be all encompassing.

Rotation: Separate thread for each raid.

Controller -

Slot 1 - Static

Slot 2 - Builder's Inc

Slot 3 - VonCorp Galactic Empire

---------------------------------------------

Once a new guild reaches the appropriate level of members/technology to participate, they would contact the guilds already in the rotation for consideration.

Next step would involve having one or more observers (probably 1 from each of the participating guilds) to insure that the new entrant could complete the raid without wiping. Once they have earned their spurs, so to speak, they are given a permanent slot in the rotation. Should the occasion arise where a guild is unable to complete the raid for whatever reason, they would enter "Pass" into the thread where they would normally enter "Controller Raid completed by Static on XX/XX/XX at xx:xx am/pm.

By listing the time and date of completion, it would serve to better help the next guild plan to complete the following raid.

With that idea in mind, we'll use Epic Gamers as an example. Either the leader or council of E.G. would contact Static/VGE/BI and asked to be added. Each guild sends one of their own JE's (who can observe cloaked & possibly render the occasional JS if needed). E.G. pulls it off and all 3 current slot holders agree to add them.

New rotation

Slot 1 - Static

Slot 2 - Builder's Inc.

Slot 3 - VonCorp Galactic Empire

Slot 4 - Epic Gamers

Might require some fine tuning, but if these were handled on a per Raid basis, instead of an available window (2days) no guild would miss their opportunity. No one would be fighting over who gets what. Every guild in the game would be able to ascend to the level of Raid ready at their own pace.

2 cents from the peanut gallery.

Yeh, only one problem, who is the arbiter of "appropriate level of members/technology" is it anything like the current  leader of the Executive branch's insistence on "fair share" , what is fair, and who decides it, and what is enough to be fair? Who is going to be doing the "consideration"? Who is the "observer" and how do you ensure their objectivity?

It still hinges on a elite 3 controlling access.

Think history: remember Japan wanting to enter the world stage of world powers? In reality, they had truly advanced in technology and economic power to rival any one other single western nation. Yet those western powers, not wanting to give up their advantages in trade and exclusivity would never allow Japan into their trade agreements on a equal footing, they always insisted on Japan as a Jr. partner, that originally is what led to the militarization of the Japanese Empire, to "Force" the western  powers to respect them, later that changed, but it was the inetial motivation.

The same problem is what is wrong with communism, you always need someone to force others to comply, and as power corrupts...the one doing the forcing is always just a "tad" more equal than everyone else.

If you have the big 3 "owning" content, they get a sense of entitlement and are loath to do with anything less than what they "own". It will not work, any more than communism truly works.

Edited by Mattsacre

Its not so much about owning content but having a managed process in place so that people can get some pie..

and some pie is better than no pie...

mmmm delicous pie....

we are talking about pie right?

Okay, time to throw a wrench into the works here.

So, we have a possible four spawn rotation, and now lets assume we now have four big raiding Guilds.

And all of a sudden two more Guilds big enough to Raid and with enough Tech to do so come into the scene.

What then?

I don't know the spawn timers of these mobs overly well, since as anyone who can see will know I am not anywhere near raiding ready. However, really consider what it is I am saying here.

If a mob spawns three times a week, that's ROUGHLY 12 spawns a month.

If you have 12 Raiding Guilds, would each Guild in this Rotation really settle for Raiding that mob once a Month?

Somehow I doubt this, especially since if this rotation system is introduced and the big three decide on who gets put into it, those extra Eight Guilds would be at their mercy.

I don't see that as being a positive thing.

No, I'm not Guilded, and if I ever decide to actually Raid, I probably would find one of the Big Three to join if this becomes the accepted system simply because there would be no other way TO Raid.

this plan make it easier for smaller guilds to do the raid's.... they team up with say another guild and post on the thread asking for a turn in the rotation :)

Ask for permission to play a game?  Like who?  The devs have already made this very clear, they are not going to get involved in the middle of this issue and they are the ONLY impartial people in this.  And what if those the you say have a decision in this say no?  Then what? Are those that are apparently ready, able, and willing suppose to just sit out and let others experience content or gain content because they are one of the "Big Three?"

And what if there is more than one group of small guilds that want to do raids?  Say there are 2 or three groups?  Then what?  Are the members of the "Big Three" going to be content doing GOBB or Controller once a week or less?  Will VGE or BI go all Static and just try and take what they want?  Then where are we as a community? 

There was an idea for a Peggy style auction oriented public raid that can be hosted by a rotation of the "Big Three" or whatever core group wants to lead the raid and guide the masses, including setting up the groups, requiring TS or vent, or whatever else.  But the system was to essentially let credits purchase what ever gear you want.  Thus,smaller guilds can get in on the fun, people can actually get some gear, and there would be a boon to the economy by actually placing a value on credits.  There raids would have to be scheduled and hosted with a weekly sign up somewhere here on the boards and the loot only subject to he with most credits wins. 

Just my .02 worth, but if you start telling people they cannot raid or place the decision in the hands of those that have a vested interest that lies somewhere else. then people will stop playing (and paying via contributions).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Monday - Apple Pie

Tuesday - Cherry Pie

Wednesday - Pecan Pie

Thursday - Key Lime Pie

Friday - Steak and Kidney Pie

Saturday - American Pie

Sunday - FFA and Gaviscon/Alka Sertlzer?

• Upvote 1

Ask for permission to play a game?  Like who?  The devs have already made this very clear, they are not going to get involved in the middle of this issue and they are the ONLY impartial people in this.  And what if those the you say have a decision in this say no?  Then what? Are those that are apparently ready, able, and willing suppose to just sit out and let others experience content or gain content because they are one of the "Big Three?"

And what if there is more than one group of small guilds that want to do raids?  Say there are 2 or three groups?  Then what?  Are the members of the "Big Three" going to be content doing GOBB or Controller once a week or less?  Will VGE or BI go all Static and just try and take what they want?  Then where are we as a community? 

There was an idea for a Peggy style auction oriented public raid that can be hosted by a rotation of the "Big Three" or whatever core group wants to lead the raid and guide the masses, including setting up the groups, requiring TS or vent, or whatever else.  But the system was to essentially let credits purchase what ever gear you want.  Thus,smaller guilds can get in on the fun, people can actually get some gear, and there would be a boon to the economy by actually placing a value on credits.  There raids would have to be scheduled and hosted with a weekly sign up somewhere here on the boards and the loot only subject to he with most credits wins. 

Just my .02 worth, but if you start telling people they cannot raid or place the decision in the hands of those that have a vested interest that lies somewhere else. then people will stop playing (and paying via contributions).

WOW!!!! I never said assk for permission

vge has never interfered with someone else spawn(xcept static and those wernt there's)

• Downvote 2

Muhir you got that all wrong.

Noone said ask for permission. When more guilds wanna enter the rotation it will just have to be announced and schedule adjusted accordingly so we dont step on each others toes.

And yes i'm quite ok with raiding that mob once every month if it comes down to that. I'm not going anywhere cause i'm here to stay.