Crashing at login

Hello Guru's of Support:

Since the patch today, and with no other configuration changes on my part, my game is now crashing at the long in screen. For all accounts I have access to - even guild vaults. As soon as I enter the username and passowrd - crash.

Here is the odd thing - it seems to work if I check the "Debug Launch" tickbox in the launcher.

Running: Windows XP

3 Gig Ram

Latest Udpates

Launcher v 404

I have the following boxes checking in the launcher:

• Packet Optimization
  • Disable Mouse Lock
  • Delee TH6 Files

I have already disabled IPV6 on XP.

I have a .bat file I have used in the past to delete the TH6 files which I tried using to see if it helped.

I have reinstalled the launcher.

Any ideas?

P.S. Vincent - nice sig. :)

Delete cdata.dat from Net7/bin, launch Laucher, hit "reset updates", then "force updates".

Must be running in admin mode, no client logged in that time.

Zack,

No go. I did what you said and then fully uninstalled and reinstalled thet Net-7 launcher.

I even got the littled green checkbox to show a new cdata.dat was created. The file size is 1,981kb.

Any other ideas?

Seeing the same issue as Lannister.

Tried the suggested fix (delete cdata.dat and reset updates), and still crashing at login.

I'm on Windows Vista.

Did more troubleshooting.

ATTEMPT 1

I can actually log in if I disable "Delete TH6 files". However, if I select a character at this point and try to load, I get booted back to login screen, adn go trhough the same cycle all over again.

Only options I have checked in the Net-7 launcher at this point are:

- Packet optimization (unchecking this one produces the same results as noted above)

- Disable Mouse lock

ATTEMPT 2

After that I tried  checking the "debug launch" option, and logged in again, selected a character, and got in the game for 0.5 seconds before getting a "lost connection to server error".

ATTEMPT 3

Last troubleshooting attempt I re-enabled "delete TH6 files", and kept debugging on, and saw the same issue as torubleshoot option 1.

I'll keep trying different setups, but getting stumped so far. :(

Morning,

please search for this file, it's where the TH6 files are (....EA GAMES/Earth & Beyond/Data/client/mixfiles)

mixfile_art_26.mix

Then delete all TH6 files again, but manually!

Start the launcher again and reset/force all updates.

The mixfile 26 must be 7239841 Bytes

Best luck!

Zack, 

The mix_art_26.mix file is the size you stated. Since you did not state to delete it, I did not. 

I manually deleted the *.th6 files with not change in effect. 

The game still works in debug mode, still crashes as soon as I enter a password when not in debug mode. 

Oh sorry, no...delete it (mixfile 26) then reset and force updates.

Hint:

I'm using the standard theme for the forums here, your text/posting is almost invisible (white text on white background).

Zack,

The mixfile was recreated as part of the process but the crashing still occures.

Since you seem to beleive the proble is in one of the game side files I am going uninstall the game, clean out the directory, and install again. Perhaps that will help.

Thanks again for you help!

p.s - Hopefully you can read this now. :)

All,

A complete new install of E&B did the trick. I generally hate scorched earth troubleshooting as you don't tend to get to the core of the problem, but I am back working and in game.

Thanks Zack for your help!

interesting. figured out a fix this morning myself, but couldn't get the site to load.

I fully reinstalled the net-7 client. tried to login and failed as per previous experience.

then checked off the "delete TH6 files" option and put on debug mode. 'lo and behold, it worked. been running this setup all day with no problems. so everything is good. I should try deleting the file mentioned above and turn on TH6 files again to see if it works.

Interesting thing though, my second computer (a winXP machine) has had no issue at all during this entire ordeal. Go figure. :)

Right, for some its a tool in the background preventing application from changing files, for the next it's missing admin right, another players has write protection on the directory (to AVOID files being swapped) etc etc etc.

It always comes down to the same tho: Some files were not updated correctly - but WHY.....myth  :lol:

I had the very same problem right after the last update. Before, I never had problems launching. (at least none that weren't caused by my notwork connection).

Fr CTD at login screen the suggested cure was to check delete TH6 files. Which I had checked.
After many tries, I too discovered that the game launches fine most of the time when I uncheck it.
So the bugfix (the delete TH6 files option) has fixed the bug so it is now bugging again?

My system: W7/32, 4 gig, Phenom x4