SERVER STATUS (current)

Message added by Zackman

Please do NOT(!) chat here, this topic is for server related messages (crash, restarts etc.) so please post status reports for the live server only.

Thanks for fixing the server Zack :),

The server being down gave me a chance to to do real life things, (I know), and earn some domestic bliss points.

Every cloud has a silver lining hehe.

Anyway, cant stand around all day chatting, got trade runs to do

Edited by NZToffee

Yea it seems the only thing that is fixing the problem is a complete server reboot ..... which means whatever the bug is it is related to memory or database and so much garbage piles up it eventually crashes the server or puts it in a loop.

Since it has been a daily issue for the past few days I think it would be HIGHLY recommended that the Servers be put on a auto restart every 12 hours to prevent people not being able to play for hours until someone wakes up.

what really sucks is that we have to wait for one person to wake up in (in Europe I believe) to restart the server ....... there really needs to be 3 people in different time zones with access and one backup person when they are on vacation.

That and a system to email them directly so  they know there is a issue.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

seems to be a common thing of late....

Server was up for weeks when it crashed three times lately.

Two times it was crap going on again (DDOS?) which is also causing some latency/gating-issues for some.

Without going into detail, it is possible that flooding DDOS (udp) packets in the network can also cause problems in the login server.

The crash tonight was a simply bug which has been fixed already and the server was restarted.

I (as a non native english) dont see the term "common" matching here?

what really sucks is that we have to wait for one person to wake up in (in Europe I believe) to restart the server ....... there really needs to be 3 people in different time zones with access and one backup person when they are on vacation.

That and a system to email them directly so  they know there is a issue.

Oh, i do have a wtachdog and get emails when the server is down - but when i sleep...i sleep....and when others are sleeping, they are sleeping...or out of town, or RL issues...or...or...or....

Since you "demand" ("...needs to be...") 24/7 people, make us an offer for a monthly salary so we consider getting divorced, giving up all RL activities and sitting in front of the server 24/7 watching the green light for your welfare.

Please be informed of the calculation in advance:

120,-/h * 24h = 2880,- * 31 days = 89.280,- * 12 month = 1.071.360

Since there are holidays and my birthday somehwere too....let's round it up to 2 Mio.

Is this ok?

I mean, you get away cheap cuz we dont need to compensate the missing birthdays from all my friends - cuz i will have none anymore than....

So please let me know before 01.Jan. 2014 if we are in business, i need to cancel my car insurance too than (for what do i need a car anymore...).

Yea it seems the only thing that is fixing the problem is a complete server reboot ..... which means whatever the bug is it is related to memory or database and so much garbage piles up it eventually crashes the server or puts it in a loop.

Since it has been a daily issue for the past few days I think it would be HIGHLY recommended that the Servers be put on a auto restart every 12 hours to prevent people not being able to play for hours until someone wakes up.

A windows user.... :lol: Format Dricve C: if there is a problem, restart server if there is something weird.

How about fixing the cause actually?

We believe in fixing bugs rather than restarting the server on a timer, while eg. raids are going on etc....

Anyway, Merry Christmas.

• Upvote 2

Thank you Zackman, for all you do. Gunsmith looks to be new here and the young do not always understand what it means to enjoy a free game. So you enjoy your Christmas,Birthdays and all your family gatherings. I for one can wait to play a game that I love. :D

• RedKite locked this topic
  • Kyp unlocked this topic