SERVER STATUS (current)

Message added by Zackman

Please do NOT(!) chat here, this topic is for server related messages (crash, restarts etc.) so please post status reports for the live server only.

Good morning,

Server has been restarted, bug was identified but not fixed yet, as i am sitting in the car ;)

Will fixit later with todays patch!

@rolo
Tnx buddy, i send u a PM later.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone killed the hamsters that run the server :) *wheel goes round and round, round and round* *crash, wheel broke*

Edited by Zap

So, I have a question. Probably pretty obvious, but here goes...  Are these crashes a Software problem, or a Hardware problem?  People tend to blame the latest patch, but i have a server here at my residence which started acting up, and it took me several days to realize that a problem with 1 hard drive out of the 6 was causing all my issues.

Sevin

So, I have a question. Probably pretty obvious, but here goes...  Are these crashes a Software problem, or a Hardware problem?  People tend to blame the latest patch, but i have a server here at my residence which started acting up, and it took me several days to realize that a problem with 1 hard drive out of the 6 was causing all my issues.

Sevin

Since this server is hosted at 1and1 you need to realize it isn't parked in someone's garage and connected to the world.  The hardware we are talking about is in a server cluster, in a cabinet, in a data center with thousands of other servers.  Hardware failures in a data center stack is not like a single server, they are stripped.. triple redundant and monitored constantly.  If  server even twitches the data is moved to another server in the back ground, traffic is shifted over and the "Problematic" hardware removed/repaired and replaced in the stack as a spare.  So a hardware issue is possible, yes.. but often would only result in a momentary connection drop to the outside user.. Cloud Stripes are awesome.. You can shoot 3 or 4 of the servers in a stack and it would barely twitch.. Yeah Shoot them, with a shot gun, if it didn't cut the power to the rack, it all keeps going..

The power of virtualized networking...

Whew, this crashed happened to me this morning before work. I just got home and went to log on and it said the same thing. I was thinking I broke the launcher somehow lol. Thanks for the update Shaddex! I'll watch some TV while checking in. :)

• RedKite locked this topic
  • Kyp unlocked this topic